Author Topic: GB's (or Charlie's) new home with me  (Read 48902 times)

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Re: Grey semi feral missing from Lodge Park, Redditch now! FOUND
« Reply #145 on: November 11, 2009, 18:21:29 PM »
I missed this bit btw!!!  :shy:
 :wooooo: :wooooo: :wooooo: I is so glad you have him home, is this on a foster basis?  :shify: Bet you cant believe he is there with you, Chuch will come round, it will be such a shock at present, I would maybe still keep em apart for a few days at least....They know of each other so let them get there heads (or should I say Chuchy's head) round things for now.... ;) :hug:

Would Chuchy usually be a bit naughty towards you if he is huffing?  :shify: :hug:

Edited to say "ah! I realise now that they have only spied each other!"  ;) :shy: :hug:

« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 18:33:56 PM by Bazsmum »

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #144 on: November 11, 2009, 18:19:00 PM »
They haven't atually 'met' yet-just seen each other through the door! GB doesn't seem too bothered, but he's used to other cats at Cramar! x

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #143 on: November 11, 2009, 18:06:03 PM »
EEk! That's a bit quick and luckily no fur flying!  :scared: I would certainly keep them seperate when your out.....Chuchy will come round hun....Just make sure he know's you still love him, make a fuss of GB when Chuchy is asleep or out!  ;) :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #142 on: November 11, 2009, 18:03:08 PM »
LOL not nosey, interested!! Well, i've got him home!! Janet says to do completely opposite re. introductions-i.e. let them meet straightaway and they'll sort it!! I set up the spare bedroom as GB's room and held the door ajar. Chuchy was growling through the door, but not too bad! I to go out on an emergency so left him in the room and Chuchy had already sulked outside! When i came back, GB had used the litter tray and Chuchy was waiting to come in! Chuch went in my room, while GB had a wander round the house, with me holding the door again! I thought things were looking good, but Chuch has just woken up and growled, hissed and swiped at me! I'm so upset!!! He's gone out again, so GB is now having a wander around!

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #141 on: November 11, 2009, 15:27:56 PM »
 :shify: :shify: :shify: :evillaugh: You know Im nosey!  :sneaky: :evillaugh: :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #140 on: November 10, 2009, 21:21:07 PM »
No problem, Liz! With my head all over the place at the moment, i'm surprised i know his name lol!

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #139 on: November 10, 2009, 20:49:03 PM »
Apologies for getting Chuchy's name wrong :-[
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #138 on: November 10, 2009, 20:45:57 PM »
46 cats!!!! and i'm worried about 2!!!!!!!!
I think GB would be ok here with me-i've known him since he was a baby, it's just CHUCHY (someone on CC has just called him Churchy as well lol)
Baz suggested fostering him, so that will be on top of my list of questions tomorrow! Thanks again!  xx

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #137 on: November 10, 2009, 20:03:06 PM »
Sammy spent about a week in the study before Robin let him out to mix - he had been tested and had bits removed, defleaed, deticked and had ear mites removed, full booster, programme injection and ID chip - we have found that they are usually active at night and will"hide from" you but if ignored long enough will particiapte in the family life

To be honest 2  isn't much more expensive than one and less food to waste and if things done right you can have GB to stay - have you thought about asking to permanantly foster him so the rescue could give a bit of help with costs -

You will also save a fortune on petrol and printing costs - so much easier if he comes to live with you and Churchie!

Our Sweetie used to be 1 of 2 now she is in charge of 46! :shocked:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #136 on: November 10, 2009, 19:00:42 PM »
    "They would still have these costs if he were at the rescue, plus in the long run he will become much more tamed down....Im sure this would be best for all concerned"   

Thanks Baz, i never thought of that! I will have a good chat with Janet tomorrow! x

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #135 on: November 10, 2009, 18:49:51 PM »
I don't think Cramar actually foster, but it's worth asking the question!

Thanks for the tips xx

Put it this way they are fully aware of GB and yourself and the situation....Maybe Cramar dont foster and methinks you should be there first!  ;) They would still have these costs if he were at the rescue, plus in the long run he will become much more tamed down....Im sure this would be best for all concerned!  ;) :hug: :hug:

Hope it works out!  :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #134 on: November 10, 2009, 18:45:09 PM »
I don't think Cramar actually foster, but it's worth asking the question!

Thanks for the tips xx

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #133 on: November 10, 2009, 18:11:00 PM »
Aw Shirley, were awful arnt we, I know you have a tough time enough without us all egging you on....What about you foster him for Janet, that way food and vets will be covered! No different to them apart from the great interaction skills he is gonna get from you!

Start from about 2 wks in another room,,,,think of how small his pen is so anything bigger would be a bonus....Then he will have the smells of your house on him, between this time they may sniff each other beneath the doors....Lots of you fussing Chuch, then rubbing that scent over GB then vice versa! Take it slow, any probs just post away!  ;) :hug: :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #132 on: November 10, 2009, 17:08:56 PM »
Oooooh you lot!!!! As if i don't get enough from Janet lol! I'm going over to see him tomorrow (and her!) so no doubt, i'll have the old,'he loves you so much' speech.

"It will save you a fortune in fuel not having to go hunting for him all the time and I am convinced that he REALLY wants you to be his Mummy " :rofl: Sheryl! You're probably right!

My Chuch is 8/9 years old and has been treated like my baby,  doesn't like other cats in the garden, GB is 6.1/2-male-how could it work????? There's also lack of money-i'm struggling as it is with one cat, never mind two! I 'd really love to give it a go tho'...................................

His blood test was negative and he's been chipped, wormed and flead whilst under the anesthetic and he's now in the 'half way house' with other cats, aww bless!

Liz, did you keep Sammy in one room when you first had him and if so, for how long?

Yes Gill, Jonti was my  best friend's cat who passed to the bridge last night.

xxx

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #131 on: November 10, 2009, 15:54:25 PM »
What a happy ending that would make - Go on Shirley, give it a go Hun - you are already GBs slave anyway so you may as well go the whole way  :rofl:  It will save you a fortune in fuel not having to go hunting for him all the time and I am convinced that he REALLY wants you to be his Mummy  :Luv:

The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Re: Grey semi feral missing from Lodge Park, Redditch now!
« Reply #130 on: November 10, 2009, 13:55:46 PM »
I've just spoken to Janet-she is getting him chipped anyway today but i've asked her to get him scanned first. She really wants me to have him, even if it's just a trial,  and wants to have a 'chat' when i go over tomorrow!!

Great minds think alike, I have said this all along Shirl.....You know you wanna!  :naughty: :Luv2: :hug: :hug:

To remember you and act so loving towards you after such a long time apart speaks volumes to me on GB's behalf!  ;)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 15:56:06 PM by Bazsmum »

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #129 on: November 10, 2009, 13:40:14 PM »
Shirley please try him he seems to have decided who his human is you just haven't accepted that part yet!
 ;)
He will be a bit nervous at first but semi ferals do adapt quickly - Sammy has been in for 9 weeks now and is currently outcold in the open on the cat room bed with the electric blanket on this will be his first warm safe winter and he looks very smug - just the humans that he is learning about now has been accepted by all our crew and even the dogs just us scarey humans to master now

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #128 on: November 10, 2009, 12:48:15 PM »
He seems to love you and that sounds like a good thing for him and hopefully you  :hug:

Is Jonti the name of the cat that passed to the Bridge?

Am changing the title of this thraed  ;D

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #127 on: November 10, 2009, 10:26:38 AM »
perhaps you should give it a go, Shirley - if Janet will take him back if there are major problems what is there to lose?

and you could go on looking for the perfect home for him if he doesn't settle, and meanwhile get him more acclimatized to indoors - with winter nearly upon us the timing might be just right :hug:
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #126 on: November 10, 2009, 08:57:06 AM »
I've just spoken to Janet-she is getting him chipped anyway today but i've asked her to get him scanned first. She really wants me to have him, even if it's just a trial,  and wants to have a 'chat' when i go over tomorrow!!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 09:04:30 AM by Shirley »

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #125 on: November 10, 2009, 07:17:15 AM »
Thanks Jane!

It was very sad about Jonti and also on CC my 'friend's' cat died in her arms whilst waiting for the vet to come and put her to sleep. What an day of emotions! x

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #124 on: November 10, 2009, 07:04:05 AM »
 :wow: that's wonderful news Shirley!

Sorry about your friends cat, RIP little one xx
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #123 on: November 10, 2009, 07:01:49 AM »
I know, Bazsmum, it's UNREAL!!!!!!!!!!             :wooooo:         I thought i was seeing things when he came out of the bush! x

Funny you should say that, Sheryl, Paul (jokingly) said 'I bet some little kid will be missing him later!' So now, i'm worried again with you thinking the same thing! Although, i'm not completely sure he was going to that house-it's the end  one in the cul-de-sac and there's a path at the side leading to the walkway  by the 'woods'. There was a gap in the trees where you can see a very busy road, very close, so not the ideal place for him with his history!!

I'll ring Janet later and ask her to get him checked for a chip (assuming he didn't get blood tested yesterday) and suggest he gets done if he isn't................just in case! x

Just had a thought-Mr CDS said he told the neighbours when he first went missing-there's only about a dozen houses in the cds, so surely, if someone HAD taken him in they would've let him know and he in turn, let me or Cramar know???
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 07:07:41 AM by Shirley »

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #122 on: November 10, 2009, 02:25:31 AM »
SHIRLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I am so delighted that all of your hard work has paid off!!! What an amazing thing to happen, Im sure you will still be pinching yourself!  :Luv2: :hug: :hug:

So happy for you and GB, he certainly can look after himself so all of your worries can fade away now!  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Sorry to hear of your friends cat! RIP x

Oh, have to do a few of these......  :dance: :dance: :dance: :wooooo: :wooooo: :wooooo: :dance: :dance: :dance: :grouphug:

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #121 on: November 09, 2009, 23:41:10 PM »
I thought that Sheryl - but he could be checked for a chip if he's having blood tests

if someone did take him in they ought to have chipped him or put a collar on - and from what Shirley knows of him it seems unlikely he has been living in a house so soon after escaping
Robert A. Heinlein:

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #120 on: November 09, 2009, 23:15:42 PM »
I am chuffed to bits to read this Shirley - well done for never giving up on him xxx

Do you think the house he was going to may have taken him in?  If so they might be missing him tonight ?
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #119 on: November 09, 2009, 23:11:55 PM »
I forgot to say very well done with all your hard work looking for him and so pleased you were rewarded  :hug: :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #118 on: November 09, 2009, 23:06:43 PM »
No Gill, he really looks that good! He kept going back towards a house in the cul-de-sac so i knocked the door to ask, but got no answer. I reckon he hasn't just been living on mice tho' lol    :sick:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #117 on: November 09, 2009, 22:52:49 PM »
It looks like he has been eating somewhere or is that just a camera trick  ;D

He is lovely  ;D

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #116 on: November 09, 2009, 22:49:31 PM »
Thanks Gill, yes, perfect timing! I still can't believe how close i was to missing him, literally one second!!!!!!

Thanks Trigger, yes, that would be ideal for him-do you know anyone lol? I would doubt he'd have been eating their food, in fact i rather think they stopped putting food out after the first few weeks!
I took a couple of photos when he was back at Cramar in the pen:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #115 on: November 09, 2009, 22:30:31 PM »
What wonderful news, and just in time before the winter really sets in  :hug: :hug:

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #114 on: November 09, 2009, 22:13:45 PM »
that's wonderful Shirley - and really so unexpected - it must have been him eating the CDS's food - I wonder where he's been sleeping?

he really needs a cat proofed garden, doesn't he, even perhaps with a nice outdoor enclosure so he could be brought in at his own pace and choosing
Robert A. Heinlein:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #113 on: November 09, 2009, 21:36:48 PM »
Thanks Helen, 11 weeks and 2 days he's been missing and 5 weeks the time before-talk about stress!!! I still can't believe how close we were to not seeing him-if i'd gone on my own, i wouldn't have gone to the CDS's street, but Paul's always thought he would have stayed around there and he was right! (And he's not a cat person lol!)

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #112 on: November 09, 2009, 21:31:26 PM »
Thanks Liz, he is lovely-he's not really feral, he hasn't got a nasty bone in his body, just very nervous. He's so cuddly with me and now lets other people stroke him, so fingers crossed........he's a good traveller lol!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 21:38:47 PM by Shirley »

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #111 on: November 09, 2009, 21:29:32 PM »
 :cheer: :yayyy: :wooooo:  :cheer: :yayyy: :wooooo:  :cheer: :yayyy: :wooooo:  :cheer: :yayyy: :wooooo:

Excellent news! Just goes to show - persistence pays!

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #110 on: November 09, 2009, 21:26:03 PM »
So pleased you have found him, if we weren't so faraway we would have had him here we are used to nice ferals and he sounds wonderful

Good luck with the blood test

Nice to know all your hard work paid off in the end :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #109 on: November 09, 2009, 21:10:57 PM »
HI All, I'VE FOUND HIM AND TAKEN HIM BACK TO CRAMAR!!!!!!!!!!!!         :Party 3:     

It was a miracle i did tho-a second later and i would've missed him!!!! Paul (my 'friend' ) and i had just put another 100 fliers in letterboxes, posters in the pub, shop, on lampposts, trees when he suggested we put a couple of posters near the CDS's -just to remind people-this is about half a mile from where we'd just been and where the last possible sightings had been. We drove up to their street, got out the car and Paul said 'There's a grey cat', which went into a bush on someone's garden. I started whistling and he came out!!!!!!!! After a lot of fuss and getting him to follow me to their house, they weren't in! Arrrgh!! What now?? I hadn't taken the carrier with me cos i never in a million years expected to see him, so i had to be brave and pick him up!!! He hardly struggled at all and i took him back to the car and threw him onto the back seat with Paul!!    :rofl:   GB was brilliant-he either lay on the parcel shelf, or on the passenger side floor, by my feet or on my lap being fussed for the 6 mile journey to Cramar!!!! Ooops!   :evillaugh:
He's now in a pen waiting for a blood test  cos he's been out so long, so i don't know what's happening to him after that. I wish he could be happy in the Paddocks or, if he's rehomed, a 100% guarantee he can't escape!!! I'll speak to Janet on Wednesday.       :dance:
I just burst into tears when i left him!
Thanks to everyone for your support all these weeks!
As soon as i got back i had to take my best friend  with her cat to the vets and he was pts-supected brain tumour, he's only 10, so that knocked me back a bit.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 21:13:51 PM by Shirley »

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #108 on: November 06, 2009, 15:38:01 PM »
Hi bazsmum, poor Tina sounds like Chuch was then-hope she'll soon be well, poor little mite, thank God for Gill and Moira!

My friend managed to do about a dozen posters     :sneaky: and my son has done 100 fliers-i just need someone to help me with them now lol!

My Greek furry fund is doing brilliantly-we now have £349 (or more if someone's paid by Paypal-only just come in from being out since 8.30.this morning!!!!)

Hope you and your beautiful furries are well!

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #107 on: November 06, 2009, 14:11:00 PM »
Hi Shirley, have seen you posting on Tina Tuna's thread about Chuchy's rat bites!  ;) Defo sound's like the same to me also!  :hug:

Hope she managed to sneak you a few out! Bless her though she must be stressed with the extra work!  :( :hug:

Your son is home this weekend then, yay! bet you will be glad to see him!  :Luv2: :hug: Im sure he will of done you more than enough fliers to keep you going!  ;)

I agree with your other ex boss, he is such a bonnie cat I know I would not be able to resist him so Im sure he would have the same pull on many!  :hug:

Hope you managed to get loads of dosh for the Greek appeal, very worthy cause!  ;) Yes the weather IS poop!  :cold:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #106 on: November 03, 2009, 22:18:51 PM »
Hiya! Well, the girl who was doing the posters hasn't got back to me yet-hope the BIG boss man didn't catch her-oops! I'll email her tomorrow but don't want to be too pushy-since all the redundancies they've piled loads of work onto her!

My son, hopefully, will have done my fliers by the time he comes home this weekend!!!   :crossed:                       GB will be in the local paper for the THIRD time on Friday!

Spoke to my ex boss (no, not THAT one lol  :drool;   ) today and he's convinced GB will have found himself a home cos he's so good looking! He was the one that used to buy the food for all the cats we had at work and absolutely LOVED GB and his mommy. I hope he's right............... :scared:

I've been busy with my 'Greek furry' appeal for the last couple of weeks, so that's kept me occupied and not worrying about him so much, tho' the weather is pretty grim now........... :(

Link to CatChat