Author Topic: Worried about Widget  (Read 2095 times)

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
Re: Worried about Widget
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2007, 17:35:30 PM »
Hi Helen I posted on here last night but it's disappeared  :Crazy: that's two or three times that's happened to me  >:(

Widge was much better yesterday thanks. Still a bit sheepish but comes for a fuss now thank goodness  :)

They went for their post-op check today and passed with flying colours  ;D

The vet mentioned Guinness's gums and I'll start another thread about that  :tired:

Seems like our boys will take longer to recover from anesthetic than most cats  :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2007, 09:33:38 AM »
Is Widget any better this morning Ellie?   :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2007, 22:08:09 PM »
 :hug: to Widget and you of course...

I'm sure he'll be absolutely fine in a few days - what you are describing is pretty much how Lukey was, lethargic, eating but nowhere near the amount of his usual greedy piggy self, very quiet.  It took him until yesterday (6 days) to recover whereas Riley bounced straight back.  Sounds like our boys are the sensitive type who take a bit longer to recover than others  :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2007, 21:43:39 PM »
Aw bless him....does sound as if the anesthetic has laid heavy on him......last cat i had done (although a female) she was all quiet for at least 5 days, very shocked and traumatised but then just snapped out of it (phew) hope its just a case of that  :hug: :hug:

C'mon Widget were all rooting for you  :Luv:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2007, 19:00:03 PM »
I would take it one day at a time and unless he seems sick, try not to take him back before the due date.

is he eating and using the tray OK?

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2007, 15:24:12 PM »
 :thanks: everyone and thanks T I remember  :hug:

He is like that with all of us  :( well apart from Mupps. They adore each other and Mupps has been looking after him this morning bless him.

Phoned the vet again (paranoid Mummy) and they said that he was very nervous while he was there  :( and as the wound is ok and he is eating and drinking normally it might stress him out to take him back so soon, however if I am still worried tomorrow just to phone and they will see him. He is due back on Wednesday for a post-op check-up.

Susan's friends have been banned till further notice and I am trying to keep things as normal as possible.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2007, 14:58:29 PM »
Ellie
Try not to worry too much, he takes longer to get over things than his brother. I remember the problems I had when their mum beat them up.
Perhaps as others have said a trip to the vets may help  :hug:
Tx

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2007, 14:54:44 PM »
Ahhh bless him ... he might be feeling a be "delicate and sore" ... I would go with Christine's advice and see how he is in the morning.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2007, 14:33:11 PM »
It sounds to me as if he is a bit traumatised by the experience and is worried you are going to cart him off to the vet again.  If he is recovering well in all other respects, I am sure he will quickly put the ordeal behind him.

From what you say, Id bring out the quiet music and Feliway while keeping a watchful eye from a tactful distance, if it were me.

:hug:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007, 14:30:36 PM »
 :hug: to both the boys, and a kiss and cuddle for Widget.

Maybe take him to the vet tomorrow, Ellie, just in case?  Sounds strange that he cowers away, I would have thought he would come out a little like Guinness. Does he do the same with Susan or just you or Pete?

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
Worried about Widget
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 14:24:27 PM »
As most of you know the boys had the snip-n-chip on Friday. Both were almost back to normal that night and yesterday Guinness was running around like a maniac again. Widget however was more sleepy and didn't eat much, he usually eats anything in his path, just very lethargic. I phoned the vet and they said this was normal, some animals are more sleepy after the anesthetic than others. His wound was fine and he had no signs of a temperature.

Today is his more his normal self eating and playing wise but he is very scared  :( Widget has always been the quieter one of the boys, he doesn't go to other people where as Guinness is a tart and loves a fuss off anyone  :tired: He backs off when I try to stroke him and jumps at the least wee noise  :'(

He was sleeping for a while there and usually when he wakes up he comes looking for a fuss, however he just sat there with a really sad face and when I tried to fuss him he moved away and cowerd (sp) :'(

Anyone any ideas why he is like this it's breaking my heart  :'(

Link to CatChat