Author Topic: Worried about Tiger again  (Read 46110 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Worried about Tiger again
« Reply #306 on: November 22, 2007, 08:24:40 AM »
Am glad to hear htat - I think we need a special thread for Paddy so we can all see him and send our hugs. I hope he sees the spring.

She is, but aggressive with it, and that is the problem!! I dont mind independent cats, but it is the teeth and claws that come with her I dont like!! IT isn't, as it will impact on her quality of life. I hope we can control things to see X Mas, but not sure at the moment.
Please spay your cat

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #305 on: November 22, 2007, 08:22:43 AM »
Thanks Desley.  Am enjoying what we have.  It's all been a bonus anyway, since his stroke, and he surprised us all then, so it would be great if he could see the spring come.

She's fiercely independent is Tiger, bless her.  I agree - if she's stressed, it's not worth battling with her over it.    :hug:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #304 on: November 22, 2007, 08:05:01 AM »
She is, and that is what causes us so many problems, there are options there, but she isn't the kind of cat we can do things with - just for an x-ray, we had to knock her out after sedating her!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #303 on: November 22, 2007, 07:59:59 AM »
Oh dear Desley Tiger sounds a feisty little mite despite her problems. 

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #302 on: November 22, 2007, 07:56:54 AM »
So sorry to hear about Paddy Sue, I do hope you have some good times together. I think hers might be due to feeling poorly - she had ultrasounds back in teh summer and showed no signs of tumours, although both vets warned there was still a possibility of it, as there was one that wouldnt show up (but her tummy is fine).
I lost teh battle of wills this morning for the meds, she has been in an odd mood since I Got home last night, has a bit of a crazed look about her and keeps running round - including running away from me, I had to chase her for her meds this morning, then she went bonkers, spat it out and sat on it, so I had no chance, and when she moved, I had another go, but she hid under the table and just kept swiping at me, so I gave up - the other worrying part is getting her so stressed her breathing sounds bad. She isn't eating all her wet food either, so I can't even crush it and mix it iwth that. Looks like she might have made the decision about Rimadyl - which I am glad after reading a few articles yesterday.
Please spay your cat

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #301 on: November 21, 2007, 23:10:52 PM »
Hoping Tiger is doing OK today, Desley. :hug:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #300 on: November 21, 2007, 20:09:31 PM »
she didn't like NM last night despite eating it in the morning, so gave her some Asda Tiger Senior today, and she has chosen to go and eat grass instead. She will also only eat JWB dry, not touching anything else - but is constantly asking for food, then just doesn't want what you give her

We have this problem with Paddy too, Desley.  Our vet puts it down to old age, but I don't know.  Paddy was diagnosed with a tumour two weeks ago.  Nothing we can do about it, but I can't help wondering if it's why one minute he eats like a small horse, then the next asks for food but nothing tempts his appetite.  Not that I think that's likely to be the cause of Tiger's problem, but just interested that it's something you have problems with too.  Wish I had some answers for you.  :hug:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #299 on: November 21, 2007, 19:55:44 PM »
Dragan is a little so and so when it comes to his meds.  I have tried various things, spread cheese, he loves that and I can crush his tabs and get them down him sometimes; mixing it well with tuna; squeezing the gravy out of a pouch and mixing it with that.  Always have to crush every pill he has though.  Good luck with it, and hope Tiger's feeling better

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #298 on: November 21, 2007, 07:53:05 AM »
I hope it does too, she did have a bad evening yesterday, hopefully that was just discomfort after being pulled by the vet. She has turned into a fussy eater though, she didn't like NM last night despite eating it in the morning, so gave her some Asda Tiger Senior today, and she has chosen to go and eat grass instead. She will also only eat JWB dry, not touching anything else - but is constantly asking for food, then just doesn't want what you give her. I need to ring up today as I forgot to ask 2 things - how long it will take to see an improvement, and what the potential side effects are. I have a feeling we haven't got a lot of time left though, she is a nightmare to get meds into, I am not fighting with her every other day to get meds into her, to me, that impacts on her quality of life, and every other med I have put in her food she has twigged after a couple of meals, so we shall see if she does the same with Rimadyl.
Please spay your cat

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #297 on: November 20, 2007, 20:50:00 PM »
Poor you and poor Tiger.  I hope the Rimadyl will give her a measure of relief, it does with Dragan and I hope that things turn out better than they look.  Please keep us posted Desley.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #296 on: November 20, 2007, 19:26:59 PM »
Not the best news, her hip is worse, and we are running out of options for pain control, and if we can't control it, I might have to make a decision. Off my head, I think she has had Metacam, steroids (although that was for her tummy, but it didn't help her limp either), cartrophen, and we are now trying Rimadyl. Ultimately though, even if the Rimadyl does work, I know I am only buying her time, as we still dont know if the leg is cancerous, and she does still have 2 arthritic hips.
Her chest fortunately sounds clear (although the vet worried me by how long she listened for!!). And the vet has recommended Katalax/Lactulose for a few days due to the blood in the tray, she has already had Katalax for the past few days. I am concerned about how crazy she is getting over food though.
Please spay your cat

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #295 on: November 20, 2007, 13:01:02 PM »
Good luck with your visit today, will have to go the vets myself soon xx
Caroline xx

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #294 on: November 20, 2007, 10:06:06 AM »
Good luck for later x

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #293 on: November 20, 2007, 07:52:03 AM »
Thanks, I Really do hope this is nothing
Please spay your cat

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #292 on: November 19, 2007, 22:43:37 PM »
Good luck for tommorow. :hug:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #291 on: November 19, 2007, 22:07:13 PM »
Will be thinking about you tomorrow please keep us updated (though I am sure I don't need to ask).  Big hug to you and Tiger too

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #290 on: November 19, 2007, 21:17:28 PM »
Fingers crossed for tomorrow

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #289 on: November 19, 2007, 21:05:35 PM »
Good luck tomorrow   :hug:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #288 on: November 19, 2007, 21:01:05 PM »
Hope you manage to get things sorted. Sendings positive vibes for tomorrow. :hug:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #287 on: November 19, 2007, 19:02:16 PM »
Well, she has an app for 5.20 tomorrow, and am very glad as i came home tonight to some red poo in the tray - I am hoping as it is bright red that it isn't too bad. She seems fine in herself, but still in a skittish mood.
Please spay your cat

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #286 on: November 19, 2007, 15:40:23 PM »
Sorry Desley just realised I have hijacked your thread a bit.  How is TIger today?

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #285 on: November 19, 2007, 12:50:09 PM »
It's really hurtful isn't it?  He ducks away from me as if I bash him!  Anyway today wasn't his last visit has to go tomorrow week for a top up on his antibiotics so hopefully (so long as he is well) he will have an 8 day break.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #284 on: November 19, 2007, 12:02:40 PM »
I know what you mean about vets visits.  Dragan will be on  his 19th in 6 weeks tomorrow.  He hates me.  If I put my shoes on he runs, if I shut the catflap he runs, if someone knocks on the door he runs (in case it's my neighbour who comes with me sometimes), if I shut the lounge door, he runs, if I shut doors upstairs, he runs.  He is constantly vigilant to see if there is any sign that he might be going in that hated basket.  Hopefully tomorrow will be his last visit so he will settle down HOPEFULLY I say!

Horrible isnt it, my Taz does that for weeks after a vet trip, even if it wasnt him that went!  :( Makes me feel terrible, dashing behind the sofa everytime i move  :(

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #283 on: November 18, 2007, 18:59:53 PM »
Aww, bless him. Tiger wasn't that bad, but we were there once a week for quite a few weeks!!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #282 on: November 18, 2007, 18:29:29 PM »
I know what you mean about vets visits.  Dragan will be on  his 19th in 6 weeks tomorrow.  He hates me.  If I put my shoes on he runs, if I shut the catflap he runs, if someone knocks on the door he runs (in case it's my neighbour who comes with me sometimes), if I shut the lounge door, he runs, if I shut doors upstairs, he runs.  He is constantly vigilant to see if there is any sign that he might be going in that hated basket.  Hopefully tomorrow will be his last visit so he will settle down HOPEFULLY I say!

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #281 on: November 18, 2007, 17:32:59 PM »
I dont think Tiger would agree, am sure she would much rather not have had quite so many vet visits this year!! She has been very odd this afternoon, mixture of crazy, aggressive, and still this hunger issue - my sis opened a bag of crisps and haven't seen tiger run so quickly in ages!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #280 on: November 18, 2007, 17:30:55 PM »
Good luck Desley, you are not paranoid just caring and sensible to get everything checked out as it occurs and not leave things to accumulate until they are untreatable.  Good luck and keep us posted.  Hug for Tiger x

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #279 on: November 18, 2007, 12:01:31 PM »
Thanks T.
Please spay your cat

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #278 on: November 18, 2007, 11:59:36 AM »
Sending lots of healing positive vibes your way  :hug:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #277 on: November 18, 2007, 10:20:26 AM »
Yeah, I did know about the pancreatitis test, I didn't make my first post clear, I meant no reliable test in the UK, my vet did tell me about teh America one last year as it was a suspicion with Pebbles.
I am going to try and book Tiger in to the vets this week, her breathing has seemed noisy a couple of times, and i know I am probably just being paranoid and it is just cos I have irritated her by stroking her too much, but I would rather pay my vet to tell me I am paranoid than ignore it, esp with her history.
Please spay your cat

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #276 on: November 17, 2007, 22:02:11 PM »
I don't know where my vet sent the bloods off to for analysis but it did take a while to get the result.  My vet said he never even thought of pancreatitis because it is not common in cats and in all his years of practice Dragan is the first cat he ever came across who had it.

Dragan has chronic pancreatitis and it is managed with an enzyme powder added to his food.  Additionally he has lactulose (as he gets constipated) and Zantic to combat the acid.  he occasionally gets an off day when he is sick but I am now used to the symptoms and can manage it.  However when he raided the bin and ate the netting from the joint this set off a really bid attack for which he was hospitalised.

Good luck to Tiger and I hope you can get some answers soon.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 22:05:26 PM by Maddiesmum »

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #275 on: November 17, 2007, 21:24:49 PM »
Done

This is one of the things i love about purrs, we can gather such a large vault of information for each other and able to pass that on  :Luv:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #274 on: November 17, 2007, 21:20:04 PM »
Will let you do it Lynn if you dont mind.
Many thanks

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #273 on: November 17, 2007, 21:06:33 PM »
I'll draw it to her attention, unless you have already ?

Poor Tan must be rushed off her feet with the xmas cards etc  :innocent:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #272 on: November 17, 2007, 20:59:43 PM »
Good idea Lynn because it is fairly new, I know Andy had to do a little research about it.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #271 on: November 17, 2007, 20:45:04 PM »
Thats great to know T  :)

Maybe tan should put that info on the list so future members needing to know about it can advise their vets who may or may not know about it yet  :)

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #270 on: November 17, 2007, 20:28:14 PM »
There is a reliable test available for Pancreatitis but the blood sample has to be sent to America, just had one done on one of mine.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #269 on: November 17, 2007, 20:23:05 PM »
Thats right there isnt a specific test but diagnosis is usually made from combining blood results with symtoms and other diagnostics.

Also although it can be chronic and perhaps actually seem to go away many cats who get it (not all that often) are acutely and seriously ill with gaurded prognosis.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #268 on: November 17, 2007, 18:46:22 PM »
Dont think pancreatitis is one of the things she has been tested for - she has had bloods, and an ultrasound of her tummy done - it was mentioned for one of my cats last year, and it is something that is very hard to test for, there isnt'a  test over here, what did your vet do for a diagnosis. Her tummy is fine now though, just teh demanding food, and if she is sick, it is generally hairball related when I haven't been as good with teh Katalax. I think it is more likely to be her leg/hips that make her aggressive. I have been worried out of my mind most of the year with her, I am just praying at the mometn she sees X Mas, as I know there is a change the limp is her leg, and we still dont know if it is cancerous or not. i generally have one healthy cat and one sickly cat though, so in one way I am used to it, it is somethign you have to expect by taking on oldies.
Please spay your cat

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #267 on: November 17, 2007, 18:39:36 PM »
Hi Desley,

Have been reading your thread about Tiger and am really sorry to hear what is going on.  Has she been tested for pancreatitis?  My cat was diagnosed with it after a year of being sick and demanding food all the time (though I have to say he didn't put weight on).  She might be aggressive cos her tummy is sore (he was sometimes)?  It may not be the answer but might be worth talking to your vet about?  ANyway I am sure you must be worried out of your mind I am thinking about you and the lovely Tiger.

Link to CatChat