Author Topic: X POSTED FROM CC.  (Read 1272 times)

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
Re: X POSTED FROM CC.
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 22:01:49 PM »
I would be concerned that they would portray cats like Minimopsical as freaks rather than showing what wonderful quality of life can be achieved.

I am pretty certain that they would, Teresa, and also portray you and the rest of us as freaks for caring.  Of course, I may be wrong.  But I doubt it...
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 21:37:32 PM »
I would be concerned that they would portray cats like Minimopsical as freaks rather than showing what wonderful quality of life can be achieved.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 19:01:27 PM »
Hope you had a great holiday, Ela  ;D

I saw this post on CC and I am just slightly hesitant as the editorial stance might be 'mad cat women' and thus demeaning to participants.  I could of course be entirely wrong but if anyone is interested in participating in the programme, I'm used to assessing the media's agenda (for the day job) and will happily ring 20:20 on a member's behalf.

In any case, anyone interested in responding should start by probing the programme's brief  :hug:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
X POSTED FROM CC.
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 18:54:50 PM »
Hello,

I'm Annabel and I work for Twenty Twenty TV - we're a leading television production company and we're making a documentary for Channel 4's Cutting Edge strand about pets with special needs or disabilities. I'm hoping you might be able to help me.

The documentary aims to focus on the immense love that people have for their disabled animals, and the lengths and expense to which they will go to ensure they are happy and well taken care of. We also aim to look at the industry catering to these animals and the cutting edge veterinary technologies allowing us to prolong the lives of our pets.

We're keen to get in touch with anyone who owns a disabled cat - one that needs a lot more daily care than an able bodied cat would. We're specifically interested in cats with Cerebellar Hypoplasia or brain damage.

If you do have a disabled cat and you'd like to find out more about the documentary, please do give me a ring, I'd love to hear from you. We also interested in finding disabled cats awaiting a new home and currently living in a rescue centre - if you know of any then please do give me a call. My number is 020 7284 2020 and my email address is annabelborthwick@twentytwenty.tv.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you,

Annabel
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Link to CatChat