Author Topic: My failed foster - thanks Angie!  (Read 2020 times)

Offline LilyandGary

• Senior Cat
Re: My failed foster - thanks Angie!
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2009, 20:22:59 PM »
Bazmum, you are so right - he is one special kittie.

True to my word, Angie rang me yesterday and a few hours later "Boris" arrived. He is the fluffiest kitten I have seen in ages! :rofl: He is only about 8 or 9 weeks old, and found outside by a lady and kindly taken in by her. She tried to find the owner, then phoned Angie, and the rest is history. The local vet has not had any potential owner contact them yet, and he isnt chipped either.

Well, within 30 mins of arriving they were playing! Willow seems to accept any and every cat that walks through the door as a new friend. Willow is very happy to have a new playmate as his last ones went to their forever home with my boss today. I dont think he will miss them, he is too busy playing with his new best mate!

I tried to get photos today but they all came out blurred as he kept moving :rofl:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2009, 00:42:51 AM »
I`ve never kept a kitten or cat before in 15 yrs, but Willow is so cute! He just fits right in.

Wow! Willow must be something rather special to stand out among the many that must have passed through in 15yrs!  :wow:

Offline LilyandGary

• Senior Cat
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2009, 20:40:58 PM »
I`ve never kept a kitten or cat before in 15 yrs, but Willow is so cute! He just fits right in.

I have 2 x 11 week old kittens on foster here too, and Willow just loves them! He and CJ were curled up together on my knee earlier, and then CJ washed Willow`s ears. He is such a sociable little fellow. :Luv: He will miss them when they go on Thursday, but I`m sure more will be along soon for him to play with and love.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2009, 11:41:58 AM »
It seems quite a common complaint. I am one too. Sharon's email update yesterday said we had lost a fosterer as she had decided to adopt her charge  :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 11:44:24 AM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2009, 08:55:01 AM »
Don't know why you're thanking me >:(

What is it with Covcat fosterers?  :-[ :rofl:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009, 07:27:39 AM »
 :Luv: :Luv: Willow and Colin are both lovely
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 03:42:35 AM »
Aw! I no exactly what you mean as Im a failed fosterer too!  :Luv2: :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 22:31:49 PM »
he is lovely and so is colin  ;D ;D

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 21:09:32 PM »
Easy to see how he weedled his way in  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: Congratulations on officially adopting him and commiserations on your failed fosterism  :naughty:

Offline LilyandGary

• Senior Cat
My failed foster - thanks Angie!
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 20:14:38 PM »
I said I would never do it, but this little one crept into my heart in the summer. He offically became one of the gang when I caught Lily washing him one end, with Gary attending to the other  :wow:

He came via an ad on the web offering a 9 week old female kitten. I offered to foster him, not knowing at the time he wouldnt be going anywhere. He is such a cutie, and very vocal and cuddly.

So here is the Wonderful Willow. (I thought he was going to be a girl, and gave him a "girlie" name.) :rofl: It`s stuck, but shortened now to My Little Willy (as in Eastenders Ethel`s dog). :rofl: :rofl: He may just stay as Willow when at the vets though, dont want any funny looks!

Oh, and one of Colin, who deigned to come in the other night to sleep on the dog`s bed. He is rarely spotted in the summer, so I took my opportunity.

Link to CatChat