Author Topic: Painted Persians  (Read 2486 times)

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Re: Painted Persians
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2009, 17:57:25 PM »
So just a slight hint of a sheen.....ah sounds lovely!  ;)

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2009, 17:48:06 PM »
It drys more like the oil based 'satinwood' paints. Nice.  :) The one I used was B&Q Colours Quick Drying Satin.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2009, 17:34:11 PM »
OH likes gloss hence our glossed doors and skirts!  :sick: :evillaugh:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2009, 17:27:07 PM »
I like gloss, nice and shiney  ;D

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2009, 17:14:32 PM »
I love matt on paintwork.....real wood aint meant to shine and I would also use a matt varnish!  ;) :P

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2009, 16:35:10 PM »
I would guess matt but dont know.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2009, 16:02:32 PM »
does it dry shiny or matt?

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2009, 17:48:26 PM »
I didnt know that Gillian will have to have a look.

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2009, 17:41:03 PM »
You can get water based paints for doors, skirting etc. So much easier and no smell (hardly) at all. I used it when I did the bathroom and grooming room recently - and I used it over the oil based paint already there (did rub it down - a bit) and it was fine. It drys so much quicker than oil based.  :)

Offline woodlandcats

• Hero Cat
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2009, 05:47:03 AM »
When I was 19 and had my first appartment and my first cat (a foreign white) I was painting white and left the tray on a ladder. Of course Zowie found the ladder rather intresting and climbed it, walking straight into the tray...
And I couldn't see the paint on her...
Every life should have 9 cats

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2009, 01:07:10 AM »
Good Luck Gill !
I had to do my 2 window sills on the stairs last time is satin wood as Winston was always on them -this year i did them when it was warm and he likes to be in the garden all day then - so i managed to do them in gloss while he was out-i also kept a small part of the window open for it to dry quicker too.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 00:55:12 AM »
Thanks I will have to think about that cos I prefer gloss but if it comers to a rush I may have to change

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 23:56:34 PM »
The only thing i can think off is to use Satin wood on the doors -its not as shiny as gloss and maybe not as hard wearing , but it dries quicker .
I have just finished emulsioning the kitchen today and  Friday i am going to gloss -then thats the whole inside finished  :yayyy:  The carpet men are coming again Monday to do the kitchen and hall -hope they don''t spend half the time drinking coffee again  >:(  i will say something if they do as i have to go back to the vets Monday tea-time .
They are coming at 11.30 ish - i hope they are gone by 3pm !!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 23:57:00 PM by bunglycat »

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 23:01:41 PM »
Oh dear this sounds very difficult as I have 3 doors into the hall and stairs and 3 upstairs into the landing and stairs and Sasa cannot be shut in anywhere  :'(

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 00:04:37 AM »
It was bad enough it was emulsion -i was in a total panic in case it poisoned him - not that it had time ! If it had been gloss i think it would have been straight to the vets !
The only way i did it was to shut them out of that one room just for one night /day .
I did that with all my rooms each time , when i did the living room , i had to shut the door and take my dinner up to bed and sit in bed and  watch tv - all cats came up with me .  Not sure how i am going to do the gloss in the kitchen - probably as early as poss - leave door open for it to dry quickly and if still tacky at night -shut it off again and put litter trays and food in hall - bit cramped but only for one night .
Some of the gloss dries quite quickly now .
The cats don''t like being shut out of any room , but they manage for one night - with lots of attention when they try to get in it !

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 23:07:03 PM »
At least it was emulsion  ;D ;D

Please can you telll me how to paint doors and get no fur on them cos want to paint mine and have been putting off doing bathroom door for a couple of years and now the birmans have their litter tray in their......sigh

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
Painted Persians
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 23:00:21 PM »
Well after all this painting -it had to happen on the last room .
Back door not quite shut ( back door is dead opposite hall door where all food , litter etc is as i am painting the kitchen ) - Smartie came in -but instead of going stright ahead - why did i think he would !!??   He went under the table - great fun as its covered with big dust sheet - great  to hide under - so i shoeed him out - again not the way he should have gone - opposite way - straight through paint tray with white emulsion in that i was just putting back in tin and forgot was still on the floor !
Little paint paws all over kitchen and out back door all down garden with me trying to catch him :rofl: ( wearing a pair of shorts and vest covered in multi colour paint -more paint than cloth !!!)
Then i realised - cant pick him up - my hands are covered in paint - quick run in to scrub my hands , then grab Smartie ( who thinks this is a fun game !!  :rofl:).
Cat   to kitchen sink -oh , sink full ,roller in it with paint on - run upstairs wuith cat and  into bath, run water and he walks up and down the bath and paint comes off , no problem , so thought i would finish it off and shampoo his feet and ruff with some cat shampoo - Smartie is enjoying it - Winston is pacing the bathroom floor crying  cause Smartie is in the bath and wet !
Anyway - he now has the best smelling feet of any cat around now  :rofl: :rofl:
Also noticed last night Winston had a touch of green in his white ruff !!! - Luckily it was all dry and combed out .
Wasn''t expecting to bath a cat half way through painting !! 

Link to CatChat