Author Topic: TULIP!  (Read 14789 times)

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
Re: TULIP!
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2009, 10:58:03 AM »
I love your little darling too - such a wise look on that edible little face!   :Luv2:

Tell me more!  That little belly definitely BEGS for kisses!   :Luv:

Well, Poot has only been with me for about a week and a half, we adopted him on 14th August after we lost our beloved boy Max to kidney disease (he's the gorgeous black panther in my avatar piccy  :Luv2: ).  We'd had Max with us for 9 years and battled all sorts of issues, but none really related to the FIV which made him so hard to home in the first place!

We hadn't really planned another cat so soon, but my friend at CP told us about another little FIV baby who'd come to them after testing positive as a stray, and, well, I think Max had a hand in all of this, to allow another FIV little man the same chances he had in his life with us  :Luv2:

Poot is getting more confident by the day, and is really friendly and cuddly, but also loves to play too  :Luv:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline SparkleCat

• Senior Cat
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2009, 10:53:20 AM »
Lovely babies you have there hunnie, Tulip is scrumptious, and Sebastian looked like a gorgeous boy  :Luv2:  :Luv:

Thank you for your kind compliments!   :hug:

I love your little darling too - such a wise look on that edible little face!   :Luv2:

Tell me more!  That little belly definitely BEGS for kisses!   :Luv:

I have only had Tulip for 6 months and I am SO proud of her.  I have had a mix of Persians and moggies in the past.  I love ALL animals PASSIONATELY!   :Crazy:

HUGE love,
Sparkletcat and Tulip
xxx

Offline SparkleCat

• Senior Cat
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2009, 10:48:58 AM »
Oscar, Amber and Star are all rescued and Tilly isn't, Star had an abused background and was taken by the rspca, Oscar and Amber were both given up due to allergies.  Star is a bit of a loner but the other three get on very well - fortunately we have enough space for them to do their own thing and Star sleeps and eats separately out of choice - the all enjoy the garden though!

Yes Gillian's portrait of Amber is lovely I am in the queue for the others to be done at some point but Gillian has a lot going on at the moment with her mum in hospital

I am sorry to hear about Gillian's mum, it must be a very worrying time for her.   :(

You must get more portraits done.  Your poor babies had a rough start before they got to you, didn't they?  Except for Tilly that is, lucky girl!  They are all blessed to be with you now. 

Tulip is very much an indoor girl.  We have a little outside courtyard and I am wondering how she would be on a little lead.  What do you think?

Sparklecat
xxx

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2009, 10:32:02 AM »
Lovely babies you have there hunnie, Tulip is scrumptious, and Sebastian looked like a gorgeous boy  :Luv2:  :Luv:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2009, 10:26:15 AM »
Oscar, Amber and Star are all rescued and Tilly isn't, Star had an abused background and was taken by the rspca, Oscar and Amber were both given up due to allergies.  Star is a bit of a loner but the other three get on very well - fortunately we have enough space for them to do their own thing and Star sleeps and eats separately out of choice - the all enjoy the garden though!

Yes Gillian's portrait of Amber is lovely I am in the queue for the others to be done at some point but Gillian has a lot going on at the moment with her mum in hospital

Offline SparkleCat

• Senior Cat
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2009, 10:17:39 AM »
found it!

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,24290.0.html

You are SO lucky to have such BEAUTIFUL cats!  :Luv2:   Imagine having so many!  :Crazy:  I should LOVE to have more but Tulip needs to be Queen!   Tell me about their characters and their histories.  Do they all get on?  Are they all rescued?  The portrait is lovely too.  Aren't some people talented?!

Thank you for finding the thread.  We must get more pictures of them put on the Forum!

BIG love,
Sparklecat and Tulip
xxx

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2009, 09:29:31 AM »

Offline SparkleCat

• Senior Cat
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2009, 09:21:37 AM »
unfortunately not, I am incompetent in such matters lol!  Bazmum has kindly posted pictures of them for me in the past I'll try and find the thread - I have four cats - Star long haired white and tabby, Oscar tabby, Amber brindle torti and Tllly brown spotted bengal

They sound GORGEOUS!  Lovely names!

Let me know when you have found the thread - I will look too - so that I can drool over the pictures!   ;D

Love,
Sparklecat and Tulip
xxx  :Luv2:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2009, 09:14:45 AM »
unfortunately not, I am incompetent in such matters lol!  Bazmum has kindly posted pictures of them for me in the past I'll try and find the thread - I have four cats - Star long haired white and tabby, Oscar tabby, Amber brindle torti and Tllly brown spotted bengal

Offline SparkleCat

• Senior Cat
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2009, 08:46:35 AM »
no I don't think he particularly needed to be an only but had had a rough life (left behind by owner and living in neighbours shed!!) that they tend to err on the side of caution rather than having them returned - he did find a lovely home in the end but I was very sad, he was a sweetie

Aw!  Bless your heart.  How could anyone DO THAT!  It makes me so ANGRY    :censored:  and so SAD!   :'(

I am glad he found a good home and thank Heaven for people like you!   :hug: 

Can you post me some pictures of your babies?

Love,
Sparklecat and Tulip
xxx

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2009, 08:36:17 AM »
no I don't think he particularly needed to be an only but had had a rough life (left behind by owner and living in neighbours shed!!) that they tend to err on the side of caution rather than having them returned - he did find a lovely home in the end but I was very sad, he was a sweetie

Offline SparkleCat

• Senior Cat
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2009, 08:33:15 AM »
LOL! Could be me!

Creampoints and redpoints can look very similar, easy to mix up when they are kittens especially. My Lucy is a creampoint, don't know if I've got pics of her in the gallery - when you see her and Sam (redpoint) together its easy to see the difference, but when you see a red or a cream colourpoint in isolation its not always easy to tell.

Sam and the tomatoey face - well that'll go down in history....! Suzie, she was beautiful, she came to me age 10 and i sadly lost her to CRF (due to PKD) age 14.  :(

No there's no difference between Exotics and Persians (cept for the coat as you say) - they are all......addictive!  :evillaugh:

I don't think Exotics prefer to be 'only' cats, my persians all (mostly!) love to be with each other, sleep together, wash each other etc  (and with my moggies too) - but there have been exceptions (that was a simple clash of personalities between 2 cats though) and I guess that it all depends on each individual cat.

Do you know what Seb's pedigree name and cattery prefix was? What happened to him?  :hug:

I am going to check his Pedigree details and post a reply this evening...PROBABLY with more photos...I just can't help myself!   :hug:

HUGE love,
Sparklecat and Tulip
xxx

Offline SparkleCat

• Senior Cat
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2009, 08:30:32 AM »
Another persian addict here too - i also love the exotics faces -Tulip is so gorgeous and so was Seb -would love more photos  ;)

Thank you!  :thanks:  It is SO good to meet other Persian/Exotic addicts!   :Luv:  Although, in truth, I simply love ALL cats/animals!   :Luv2: I have had moggies too but would seem to have attracted the Persian variety for rescue in recent years!

I will try and put some more photographs on this evening...I don't need too much encouragement!   :rofl:

I have only had Tulip for 6 months and I am SO proud of her!   ;D

Please post some more photos of your babies for me to drool over!   :hug:

HUGE love,
Sparklecat and Tulip
xxx

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2009, 00:17:36 AM »
Another persian addict here too - i also love the exotics faces -Tulip is so gorgeous and so was Seb -would love more photos  ;)

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2009, 23:36:36 PM »
LOL! Could be me!

Creampoints and redpoints can look very similar, easy to mix up when they are kittens especially. My Lucy is a creampoint, don't know if I've got pics of her in the gallery - when you see her and Sam (redpoint) together its easy to see the difference, but when you see a red or a cream colourpoint in isolation its not always easy to tell.

Sam and the tomatoey face - well that'll go down in history....! Suzie, she was beautiful, she came to me age 10 and i sadly lost her to CRF (due to PKD) age 14.  :(

No there's no difference between Exotics and Persians (cept for the coat as you say) - they are all......addictive!  :evillaugh:

I don't think Exotics prefer to be 'only' cats, my persians all (mostly!) love to be with each other, sleep together, wash each other etc  (and with my moggies too) - but there have been exceptions (that was a simple clash of personalities between 2 cats though) and I guess that it all depends on each individual cat.

Do you know what Seb's pedigree name and cattery prefix was? What happened to him?  :hug:

Offline SparkleCat

• Senior Cat
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2009, 19:35:18 PM »
what eyes!!!  I love exotics, I wanted one from the blue cross I go to called Alfred but he had to be an only cat - Tulip is lovely!!!

That is interesting...I wonder if Exotics prefer to be 'only' cats?!   8) 

I wonder if The Blue Cross have contacted the Exotic Shorthair Society - they can help with re-homing.   ;D

Big love,
Sparklecat and Tulip

Offline SparkleCat

• Senior Cat
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2009, 19:32:59 PM »
Tulip is lovely and so was Seb  :Luv2: (what colour was he? can't quite tell from the photie)  :Luv2: I havent got exotics, but got 9 longhair persians.  ;D

You must be the Gillian that Tan talks about!  I have been waiting to hear from you as another Persian Fancier!  Sebastian-Basil's pedigree called him a Creampoint, however, he really did appear to be a Redpoint!  Other people with Redpoints swore he was one!  He was re-homed with me as his previous owner brought three puppies into the home and he, obviously, did not cope well.  Mind you, he landed on all four paws when he did arrive at what we call Buckingham Cat Palace!

I have been looking at your Persians in the "Gallery" - Sam and Suzie, in particular, are to die for!  I must confess, I have also seen pictures of Sam covered in tomato soup - courtesy of Tan!

I don't think there is too much difference in the Persian and Exotic barring the shorter coat but, as I say, Tulip is my first and I am eager to learn more!   :doh:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2009, 17:35:48 PM »
Tulip is lovely and so was Seb  :Luv2: (what colour was he? can't quite tell from the photie)  :Luv2: I havent got exotics, but got 9 longhair persians.  ;D

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2009, 16:54:58 PM »
what eyes!!!  I love exotics, I wanted one from the blue cross I go to called Alfred but he had to be an only cat - Tulip is lovely!!!

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2009, 15:04:14 PM »
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww  :Luv:

Offline SparkleCat

• Senior Cat
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2009, 13:48:50 PM »
Thank you, Tan!  I will pass on your kind words to Miss Tulip!  :thanks:

PLEASE don't encourage me to put more pictures of her on the Forum...you know I can't resist!  I am turning into a "stage mother"!

Sebastian-Basil (nickname "The King"!) was a darling boy.  A real lap cat, affectionate, vocal, the type who loves you right back!  I think Gillian will love him too!

Tulip is full of catitude!  Everything is on her terms.  She is in charge and she knows it!  :evillaugh:  She is confident and scared of NOTHING! 

I am her slave!!!!!  and I LOVE IT!

Does anyone else on the Forum have an Exotic Shorthair?  Tulip is my first Exotic.
BIG LOVE,
Sparklecat and Tulip
xxx :Luv2:

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2009, 13:26:07 PM »
 ;D :cccooorrr: :catlove:  I so adore Tulip  :wow:  Sucha wonderful gorgeous face.

Thanks kath for posting pics and we want more... more !!   :evillaugh: ;)

What her personality like?  I bet it's great  ;D

Seb (RIP hunny) he is gorgeous as well. What was Seb like hun?

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 22:27:24 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I love the pic of Tulip in her plastic bag ... she looks like she's got one of those old lady rain hats on!!!!
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline SparkleCat

• Senior Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 19:26:09 PM »
Thank you for your kind compliments, Janeyk and Bazsmum.   :hug:

I just cannot get over everyone's cats!  I think I must be in Heaven having so many to drool over!   :Luv: :Luv2:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 19:21:17 PM »
 :Luv: :Luv2: gorgeous photos
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 19:00:12 PM »
What beautiful pictures.... I love their faces!  :Luv2:

Sebastian Basil was stunning!  :hug:

Offline SparkleCat

• Senior Cat
TULIP!
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 18:37:14 PM »
Hi Everyone,

Firstly, may I thank you all for welcoming Tulip and myself SO warmly!  I am SO enjoying looking at all of your babies!

Here are some further photographs of Tulip and also one of Sebastian-Basil, RIP dear friend.

Sparklecat
xxx

Link to CatChat