Author Topic: walking my cat  (Read 1664 times)

Offline nutzy

• Adult Cat
Re: walking my cat
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2009, 20:30:03 PM »
My very first cat, Lolly, used to walk my daughter to nursery when she was little.  Nursery was just next door, so it wasn't far, but the teachers thought it was great and the kids loved it.  Lolly often used to spend the day at nursery and come home with me when I collected my daughter at 12.

Pam

Offline Philip

• Distinguished Cat
    • United Kingdom Ragdoll Cat Trust
  • Slave to: Ellie, Bertie, Christian, Saba
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2009, 19:14:07 PM »
I walk one of my raggies  :rofl: Elle loves it.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 19:15:20 PM by Philip »
[/img]
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h61/cheekee_munkee/All-3-together-web.jpg[/img]

RIP Maddy 02/06/2009 xxx
RIP Delphi 21/02/2011 xxx
RIP Skye xxxx

Bring love and happiness to all you do and it will be repaid tenfold.

Offline madasacatter

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2009, 14:10:29 PM »
Sometimes our 2nd hand Van (Turkish Van) comes with us and the 3 German Shepherds.  Scarily usually at night, when he is supposed to be in!  But he gives us that look as if we didn't take him, we would be being soooo cruel!

He walks with us, obviously we go to his pace, and all the time I am on pins in just in case a car should come down the lane (no path after 100 yards past our house). 

Years ago we had a black short haired (ex Coventry CPL) female that used to come with us across the fields with the dogs.  My only worry was that another dog may have chased her, but she seemed to stand up for herself quite well!
Coventry Cat Group

Offline jeremys_mummy

• Adult Cat
  • Our beautiful Rolo
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2009, 13:38:10 PM »
We live on a cudi-sac so car rarely come up our road and then we go across fields he has fantastic road  he hides in a bush when he hears a car plus he loves it when the children come out to stroke his tummy!

My Babies
Rolo Ragdoll 27/01/2009
Jeremy Ginger Tabby 5/9/2008

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2009, 09:48:38 AM »
 ;D how unusual, I used to love to watch a neighbour walk his 2 dogs (he also had 2 cats) and 1 cat used to walk up to the end of the road with him then stop, she never went further near the main roads.  Then you would see my neighbour turn the corner and the cat would walk back down with them.  It was if he said to the cat now you wait there Amber we won't be long  :evillaugh:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2009, 08:58:58 AM »
I think Philip takes one of his raggies out for walks - I'm sure there were some photos around somewhere

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2009, 07:38:04 AM »
Scamps and Kali go for a walk round the woods with me when i take the dogs, which is a bit difficult as i have to have eyes in the back of my head to watch for other dog walkers,altho most of them know me now and when they see me always shout to ask if i have the cats,  ;D they all think im  :Crazy:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009, 22:01:42 PM »
Our Gandolf used to walk to the end of the road with our neighbour and wait for him whilst he went in the shop for his newspaper and come back with him. 

Hate to be a spoil sport but I would freak out if either of our 9 month old girls went out the front, let alone go for a walk, despite it being a very quiet road trafficwise. 

Offline LilyandGary

• Senior Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 19:58:12 PM »
How good is that! He obviously enjoys he evening strolls with you.

My first cat Angus used to come for a walk when I took the dogs out each morning. He followed us as far as the end of the road, then settled on a wall (always the same one) to wait for us to come back to collect him. He was extremely well known by all in the area, and if raining used to shelter in the corner shop where I got my paper on the way back from the park! He would trot along with the dogs, and never minded how many I had with me.

My friend had a cat who did the same thing when she walked her dog, taking short cuts and waiting for her by the gate by the field if he got tired.

Offline jeremys_mummy

• Adult Cat
  • Our beautiful Rolo
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 19:32:12 PM »
Awww bless him our other cat just sits at the door its waaaaay to much effort for him! lol i do swell with pride when he is trotting next to me!   :Luv2:
My Babies
Rolo Ragdoll 27/01/2009

Offline LadyJane

• Hero Cat
  • Samson xx
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 19:26:25 PM »
haha no we don't but that's great.

Samson has the attention span of a goldfish so he'd soon forget about walking with me and go off on a solo mission I'm sure :rofl:

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,26287.0.html

Playing on the bridge - Sooty, Misty, Tim, Tom, Ebony and Pepsi - I miss you all and think of you often

Offline jeremys_mummy

• Adult Cat
  • Our beautiful Rolo
walking my cat
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 19:18:56 PM »
Our cat rolo is 7 months old and every morning a evening we go for a walk! He looks forward to it as soon as i put my coat on he is MEOWING at the door rearing to go, by walk i don't mean on a lead i would never do it i just think its very unnatural for a cat, he trots along by my side for our 35 minute round. My family think were crazy and we do get some very strange looks we have been doing this everyday for the past 6 weeks. and it can just be me thats goes for walks with there cat?

let me know if any of you go for "walkies"

thanks
My Babies
Rolo Ragdoll 27/01/2009

Link to CatChat