Author Topic: Zooplus wet food options? (and a quick Zooplus litter Q too!)  (Read 2162 times)

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
Re: Zooplus wet food options? (and a quick Zooplus litter Q too!)
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2009, 22:41:28 PM »
Helen just be thankful your boys are short haired if you are going to try Oko Plus  :evillaugh:    NFCs very furry feet + Oko Plus+ laminate floor in their room =  :tired: :tired:   but you can't beat Oko for odour control so it's worth the mess and daily hoovering.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 23:09:01 PM by Team Svartalfheims »
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2009, 22:28:16 PM »

Tracking would have to be my main priority, it's the only reason I'm trying something new - as great as chick crumbs are I'm bored of the chick crumb trail that the boys insist on leaving  :evillaugh:

I know just how you feel - unfortunately Cats Best tracks about the same as chick crumbs. I'm using Cats best at the mo, but the tracking is seriously doing my head in  :doh:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2009, 21:09:45 PM »
I must try DHL sometime.  I go with parcelforce because they used to leave the boxes outside my door which was very handy (outside my flat door, inside the main door) but lately they have taken to leaving a card.  Which means I have to take a day off work to be in for the re-delivery  :(  If I'm going to end up taking time off work to wait in for it, I might as well go with DHL.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2009, 21:06:34 PM »
Went for the classy cat in the end, I'm dreading the state of the boxes with 36kg of food and 15kg of litter  :evillaugh: Paid the extra £1 for DHL to deliver as they seem to be in better shape when they come via DHL.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2009, 19:18:40 PM »
Food sorted  :wow:

72 cartons of Bozita
6 tins Bozita
6 tins Schmusy
6 tins Animonda Carny

in regards to the cat litter I cannot recommend OKO Cats best enough! :wow:

I also have to say Cats Best would be my recommendation. The grains are quite big so any tracking is much easier to clear up and control than the finer grains of Classy Cat (if Classy Cat is the litter I'm thinking of!).

Hmmn, despite the above I'm swaying towards the Classy Cat - have just read reviews for the Oko cats best and nearly all of them mention that it tracks quite badly.  Tracking would have to be my main priority, it's the only reason I'm trying something new - as great as chick crumbs are I'm bored of the chick crumb trail that the boys insist on leaving  :evillaugh:

Oh, and Kirst... don't do it!!!!! Once they've tried the Gourmet Perle they won't  go back  :evillaugh:

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2009, 19:02:08 PM »
Dave enjoys his Animonda Carny and the tins I bought months ago are only just running out! Very good on the wallet  ;D

I also have to say Cats Best would be my recommendation. The grains are quite big so any tracking is much easier to clear up and control than the finer grains of Classy Cat (if Classy Cat is the litter I'm thinking of!). I also have found the litter tray mat catches the worst of the overspill.

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2009, 18:51:00 PM »
Dont know about the food as have never tried any of them (mine have been on felix but we are trying gourmet perle this wek!) but in regards to the cat litter I cannot recommend OKO Cats best enough! :wow:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2009, 18:41:15 PM »
The cheapest place to buy bozita now seems to be cat shows.  I bought loads at the supreme cat show and think it was pretty cheap.  They didn't sell the turkey pate one though and the boys love that so have to get that from zooplus.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009, 18:40:18 PM »
I've ordered some porta 21 this time but can't remember what it's like.  I think I have ordered it before but I can't remember much about it.  Think it was a while ago so we're trying it anew now.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 18:36:11 PM »
OK, Schmusy & Carny added to the list.  The Bozita cartons used to be really cheap if you bought in the bulk 24 packs but now they're the same price whatever the pack size so I thought I'd try a few others that were reasonably priced.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 18:37:15 PM by Tiggy's Mum - Helen »

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 18:28:00 PM »
I, or rather the boys, like cosma and schmusy.  Animonda goes down well too with the boys (and the carny goes down will with my purse  ;))

I think I tried the bozita tins once and wasn't too keen on them.  But the boys ate it ok.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
Zooplus wet food options? (and a quick Zooplus litter Q too!)
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 18:08:01 PM »
I need to do a Zooplus order and want to try some different wet foods - any recommendations or ones to avoid? Has anyone tried Bozita tins rather than cartons? To give you an idea of their tastebuds they used to eat Felix as tiny kittens, then Natures menu, and for the majority of their lives Bozita cartons. They've never turned their noses up at any of them so I think they are fairly non-fussy.

Am also going to order some litter while I'm at it as a trial.  On the most recent litter thread Classy Cat and Cats best Oko plus seem to be the two main contenders.  Which one is less dusty/tracks less out of those two?

:thanks:

Link to CatChat