Author Topic: Keep her quiet for 24 hours.....  (Read 2173 times)

Offline unseeliechylde

• Distinguished Cat
Re: Keep her quiet for 24 hours.....
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2007, 19:02:43 PM »
I can sympathise - it seems your pretty Dru has a soulmate in my girl Skye - we just got her back from her spaying this afternoon, and had to spend 2 hours playing with her (as gently as she will tolerate) to get her to settle down! It's been all we can do to discourage her from leaping around doing somersaults - and the "aftercare info" says: "....but they may be a little groggy today, and be more quite than usual for the next few days."  :rofl: as if!

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2007, 15:55:29 PM »
Dru - short for Drusilla (as in Spike and Drusilla from Buffy the Vampire Slayer - sadly my darling Spike died on the road 10/10/07 :()

However, Drusilla is shortened to Dru and more commonly she is known as Droosie Maloosie the Floosie :)

the name suits her.

I love the way peeps have these long funny names for their cats, I do it too  :rofl:

RIP Spike  :(  :hug: :hug:

Offline Amanda

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 12:39:32 PM »
Dru - short for Drusilla (as in Spike and Drusilla from Buffy the Vampire Slayer - sadly my darling Spike died on the road 10/10/07 :()

However, Drusilla is shortened to Dru and more commonly she is known as Droosie Maloosie the Floosie :)

the name suits her.
"Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it"
Ferris Bueller

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2007, 21:50:15 PM »
Short for druuuuuuuuuuuuul  :rofl: :rofl:

ccmacey

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2007, 21:32:46 PM »
They do seem to recover quick. When I had Macey done she was bouncing all over when we got home  :Crazy:

Dru- what a lovely name for a cat, I have never heard that before.  :)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 19:04:12 PM »
cats are wonderful in how they seem to recover so quickly  ;D

Offline Ralph's mum (angie)

• Super Cat
  • Rainbow Bridge Babies Bob, Max and Ralph 🌈💔
  • Slave to: Harvey and Ruby the mutts!!
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 16:13:23 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Cats don't come when they are called,
They take a message and get back to you later.
                           Wilfred P. Lampton

Offline Amanda

• Adult Cat
Keep her quiet for 24 hours.....
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 15:44:17 PM »
On 12th October my beautiful Dru went off to the vet to be spayed. Collecting her that afternoon I was handed a buster collar and a list of instructions for care in  the immediete post operative period.

Firstly - the buster collar - well - we tried and we failed. My husband held her while I put the collar on - about 8 attempts and each time she got it off in seconds. We gave that up as a bad job and decided to just watch her to see she did not get at her stitch.

Secondly - keep her quiet. Hmmm! Decided to bed her down in our room as she likes sleeping with us and will often just settle down. This worked well and the next morning we were relieved to see that her stitch remained intact and that she was her usual purring self.

Just at the point when we were congratulating ourselves on mostly following the instructions the vet had given us, a spider wandered out of behind the curtain and sat motionless at the top of the window. Dru was up the curtains in about 3 seconds flat where she hung, gripping onto the curtain material with back claws and one set of front claws while the other paw swung around in attempt to get the spider. Spider fell to the floor - so did Dru whereupon she sat washing herself with an "I meant to do that" expression on her face.

All I could think was that having surgery like Dru had just experienced would have meant me being in bed for days - obviously if you are a six month old cat it doesn't matter.
"Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it"
Ferris Bueller

Link to CatChat