Author Topic: Introducing Our Norwegian Boy & Our Maine Coon Girl  (Read 3176 times)

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
Re: Introducing Our Norwegian Boy & Our Maine Coon Girl
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2007, 18:23:05 PM »
So adorable!

I'm biased on Norwegian forest cats though as I'm a godmother to one and that person has two now as well as a birman and a moggie.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2007, 17:22:57 PM »
 :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: ooooh what stunning furbabes
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Sally45

• Adult Cat
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2007, 16:37:38 PM »
What a beautiful furry family you have Sally  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Thankyou Ruth

Sal
xx

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2007, 00:29:08 AM »
What a beautiful furry family you have Sally  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Sally45

• Adult Cat
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2007, 23:35:47 PM »
Just wonderful Sally  :Luv:

Thanks, Linda

We're very close friends now with Kais breeder so we're off to visiit some of Kai's little brothers and sisters in two weeks time (only 6 weeks old they are, awwweeeee) and it's always, always hard to resist!! lol   :Luv:  I worry about how Kai would be with another kitten around, as he's so spoilt and our baby!! Meg wouldn't be best pleased either - but she'd just stomp around in the huff until she got used to the idea - LOL

Sal
xx

Offline Linda (Bengalbabe)

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2007, 23:27:45 PM »
Just wonderful Sally  :Luv:

Offline Sally45

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2007, 23:22:53 PM »
Thanks!

Both Meg and Kai are two now. We got them both on the same day (only two weeks between them)

Yep, they sure are addictive - we're in constant touch with his breeder and would love to breed them ourselves, but don't yet have the time - his breeder has just had some more kittens, so I'm always very, very tempted!!!

Sal
xx

Awww same age as my Bilbo Baggins  ;D Who is Kai from? Do you show him?

Kai is an Ulvika cat - we did show him when he was old enough and when we first got him,  he was doing really well - however he decided that he didn't enjoy the show ring and wasn't happy, so we stopped. Unfortunately, as we really loved it, but if he wasn't happy then we weren't going to force him.

Sal
x

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2007, 23:17:52 PM »
NFCs have a head that is an equilateral triangle, MCs heads are wedge shaped and have a square muzzle, NFCs must have a straight profile (nose) whereas MCs have to have a break in their profile, MCs coats are very silky and shaggy whereas NFCs have coarse fur with a thick wooly undercoat and long flowing waterproof guard hairs, NFCs usually have a bigger ruff in the winter, MCs tails are often a bit less bushy than NFCs,  MCs ears are set higher on their heads than NFCs ears, NFC eyes are almond shaped whereas MCs eyes are more open, body shape wise MCs are rectangular whereas NFCs aren't as their hind legs are longer than their front ones.

:Crazy:  I'll take your word for it, they both look the same to me - both absolutely gorgeous  :)

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2007, 23:10:02 PM »
Thanks!

Both Meg and Kai are two now. We got them both on the same day (only two weeks between them)

Yep, they sure are addictive - we're in constant touch with his breeder and would love to breed them ourselves, but don't yet have the time - his breeder has just had some more kittens, so I'm always very, very tempted!!!

Sal
xx

Awww same age as my Bilbo Baggins  ;D Who is Kai from? Do you show him?
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2007, 23:08:00 PM »
:wow: Wow, they are stunning cats  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: For the dim amongst us, what's the main differences between Maine Coon's and NFC's  - apart from the originating country?!

NFCs have a head that is an equilateral triangle, MCs heads are wedge shaped and have a square muzzle, NFCs must have a straight profile (nose) whereas MCs have to have a break in their profile, MCs coats are very silky and shaggy whereas NFCs have coarse fur with a thick wooly undercoat and long flowing waterproof guard hairs, NFCs usually have a bigger ruff in the winter, MCs tails are often a bit less bushy than NFCs,  MCs ears are set higher on their heads than NFCs ears, NFC eyes are almond shaped whereas MCs eyes are more open, body shape wise MCs are rectangular whereas NFCs aren't as their hind legs are longer than their front ones.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 23:08:47 PM by Team Svartalfheims »

Offline Sally45

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2007, 23:07:01 PM »
:wow: Wow, they are stunning cats  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: For the dim amongst us, what's the main differences between Maine Coon's and NFC's  - apart from the originating country?!

Hi Tiggy's Mum

Although they look the same from the distance, they are complete different build. Different texture coats, different profiles etc. The requirement for showing NFCs is for a straight profile, whereas for the MC it's not so flat. I tend to think with our two that Kai is madder!! He's certainly a lot softer than Meg is. She's quite aloof and is her own cat at times, and will only come for a cuddle when SHE decides to, whereas Kai is a right lap cat and adores hugs and kisses and cuddles - lol

Sal
x

Offline Sally45

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2007, 23:03:14 PM »
Lovely! I adore the bottom photo of Kai! How old are they? I am sooooo impressed that you've only got one NFC, I take it you were warned that they are addictive when you got Kai  :evillaugh:

Thanks!

Sal
xx

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2007, 23:01:19 PM »

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 22:54:37 PM »
Lovely! I adore the bottom photo of Kai! How old are they? I am sooooo impressed that you've only got one NFC, I take it you were warned that they are addictive when you got Kai  :evillaugh:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 22:47:16 PM »
They are heavenly  ;D

Offline Sally45

• Adult Cat
Introducing Our Norwegian Boy & Our Maine Coon Girl
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 22:19:25 PM »
Well here they are, as promised!

Kai is our wonderful Norwegian Forest boy and Meg is our beautiful silver Maine Coon.

Hope you like!

Sal

« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 22:20:22 PM by Sally45 »

Link to CatChat