Author Topic: My first train trip = by Shadow  (Read 2018 times)

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
Re: My first train trip = by Shadow
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2007, 09:45:58 AM »
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz too sleepy to chat today ............ still very tired...................

Offline em1209

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2007, 09:44:46 AM »
Wow Shadow what an adventure, glad you had fun

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2007, 22:35:11 PM »
Mummy says to tell you that sadly my new friend is too young for her and from my perspective, while he is fun, he does not live locally... It was just like a dog-park friend

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2007, 21:47:00 PM »

and i had a new friend to dribble on in the back seat with mummy

Ummmmmmmmmmm who is this new friend?  :shify: :shify: :shify: ;D

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 21:18:03 PM »
Meeeoooow!!! 

Shadow, I have a doggie friend called Deedee and he's a Saluki. Meowmy looks after him sometimes. I'm glad you like our British trains. But British mini cab drivers have to go to special school to learn to be grumpy - did you know that? Buses can be fun too because you get loads of little old ladies making a fuss of you.

I think we should make you an honourary cat and give you Freedom of the Purrs Forum, which means you can leave your bone on the floor and none of us will knick it.  Anyone second? :wow:

Offline Ralph's mum (angie)

• Super Cat
  • Rainbow Bridge Babies Bob, Max and Ralph 🌈💔
  • Slave to: Harvey and Ruby the mutts!!
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 18:04:07 PM »
Awwwwwwwww Shadow, glad you had a nice train journey and a good day out.  What an adventure you have been on today, you are very  lucky

You must be very tired after such a fun filled pack adventure, so I will let you rest.

Max  :hug:

[attachment deleted by admin]
Cats don't come when they are called,
They take a message and get back to you later.
                           Wilfred P. Lampton

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
My first train trip = by Shadow
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 17:27:15 PM »
Hello all, I know i am not really a cat but I am all that my mummy can brag about right now. Today I had a big adventure. I caught a train!! Yes, really, a dog allowed on a train. Never happens back home in the antipodes. There they would have put me in a box in the guards compartment. But here in my wonderful new smelly country I am allowed on a train.

We went down to the station with Auntie Shaunnagh but she stayed on the platform when the train pulled in. But my mummy and I went onto the train where I lay down and mummy told be I was a GOOD DOG  :wow: The train stopped and started a few times and I had to keep on sitting up to let people past. Then we got to a place mummy called gravesend. The strange men in cars wouldn't let me get in so mummy had to walk all round the station to another place where a lot of men stood around and talked before one of them made mummy get in the car and spread a rug over her lap so I could climb on. Mummy seemed to think I was squishing her but I tried really hard to think light.

Then we got out of the car at a wonderful place with lots of fabulous smells called Jeskyns Farm. We walked along a path then across some rough ground where I discovered english fences are different to Australian fences (I found this out by running headlong into the mesh and bouncing right back again - ouch. But there was also a nice big pond that I could swim in.

Then mummy and another person went across the road and spent a lot of time banging staples into stakes around trees. I made sure they were well watered but then all the wonderful smells tempted me to wander around. I found nice soft green grass to lie in when the sun got too hot, but by lunchtime I was very hot and thirsty.  :sigh: We went back to the farm buildings and had food and water and lots of other people made a big fuss of me :puppy:. One was even nice enough to run water all over me with a hose without all that nasty bubbly stuff that mummy uses on me.  :yesss:

Then we walked and we walked and we walked and it was wonderful. Then a nice man gave us a ride back to the station in his car (he was much nicer than the other one and i had a new friend to dribble on in the back seat with mummy) and we caught the train home again. I was very good on the train on the way home too but sitting up for people to go pass was a bit hard as I am very tired now :yawn:. Am glad to be back in my house again (well, it's not really my house, but the furniture is the same as in my house so I guess this is where i live now.

Link to CatChat