Author Topic: Batfink, Marmite, Smeagol, Custard and Milo  (Read 4715 times)

Offline unseeliechylde

• Distinguished Cat
Re: Batfink, Marmite, Smeagol, Custard and Milo
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2007, 16:07:12 PM »
Awww!! Gorgeous babies and fab names! Love the wee ginger-nuts :Luv: but marmite and batfink are adorable - and really suit their names! :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2007, 14:47:59 PM »
 :rofl:  Look at his little pink toes!

Offline smeagol

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Batfink, Marmite, Smeagol, Custard & Chugnut
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2007, 19:14:28 PM »
Aw thanks everyone. Custard is sat with me again but Milo is trying to remind me that I haven't posted his pictures yet! I saw an advert on my local freecycle for a sneezing kitten! I thought it sounded odd so contacted the lady to find out what the situation was. It turned out she had got a kitten from her local farm to replace the puppy she had rehomed because she couldn't cope. She had two young children that the kitten was scared stiff of and he never came out of hiding when the children were around. It sounded fairly obvious that he also had cat flu and really needed out of the situation he was in. So I collect him and took him to the vets. Several weeks later and he is ruling the house!

This is the only good picture I have of him because he is a non stop terror! (most of the time):

Clare and the furry hoard, Batfink, Marmite, Smeagol, Custard and Chugnut xxx

At my Mother's: Amber and co.

Not forgetting those passed: Hamish, Python, Monty, Carmen, Crystal, Salem, Abigail, Smokey, Pixie, Scampi, Squidly, Giblet, Rhubarb and Spider

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2007, 13:40:16 PM »
gorgeous  ;D

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2007, 08:23:46 AM »
 :shify:  Hey - I seen!  Dey is not bad lookin' little tackers, atchully...  :shify:

Paddy

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2007, 08:22:39 AM »
Wow!!  Just seen these piccies and they're fantastic!   What adorable little puds.  I'd better not let Paddy see - he'd be thunderstruck  :rofl:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2007, 19:47:02 PM »
I've not heard anyone call it seal position before, although I'm new to cat forums still. Its just been me, OH and my Mum that come up with silly names for things.

I'm always coming up with silly names for things.  The first time I saw my Fat Foxy lying like that I just thought she look like a seal on the beach  :rofl: :rofl:

I love the pics of your babies ... the kittens pics are sooooo adorable - especially the sleeping ones  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Linda (Bengalbabe)

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2007, 22:52:48 PM »
Just fabby, I adore Marmite  :Luv:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2007, 19:17:30 PM »
 :omg:  You've got some seriously cute cats  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:  I love the one of a pile of sleeping kittens  :)

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2007, 18:10:54 PM »
Aw bless your furry family are beautiful.......but I think Smeagol needs a new make-over!  :evillaugh:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2007, 17:17:40 PM »
Oh Clare you are so fortunate. Go on... Milo!!! Where's Milo!! Did I miss one?  :shify:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2007, 14:57:19 PM »
oooooooooh ginger pudding and custard - my favourite  :Luv:

They are gorgeous wee kitties!!

Offline smeagol

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2007, 14:53:44 PM »
Smeagol (dark red tabby) and Custard (ginger tabby and white) were found by the side of the road as kittens. We found them full of cat flu and living in a drafty shed. The 'owner' didn't want them so we took them home via the vets. The cat flu soon cleared up but Custard's eye lid never quite formed properly so she sometimes gets a weepy eye. Smeagol has been recently diagnosed with an auto immune disease but is back to his normal self and doing really well on steroids to clear his pododermatitis. We also took in their two brothers Rhubarb and Spider but we lost them to the road this summer. It was a real shock because we live in such a quiet rural area. There will always be idiots that drive too fast though. I miss them so very much  :'(
Spider was the black one and Rhubarb the Ginger tabby and white boy.

They are now about a year and a half old and so very loving. Custard collapses for a belly rub whenever she sees you and purrs like a diesel engine. Smeagol likes to sleep in the middle of the bed between me and OH thus stealing all the duvet. He sneaks up to the top of the bed in the mornings for belly rubs and to remind me that its time to get up for breakfast.

When they first came to us full of cat flu:

Better:

Smeagol now:

Custard now:

Not forgetting those passed: Hamish, Python, Monty, Carmen, Crystal, Salem, Abigail, Smokey, Pixie, Scampi, Squidly, Giblet, Rhubarb and Spider

Offline smeagol

• Adult Cat
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2007, 13:26:17 PM »
I've not heard anyone call it seal position before, although I'm new to cat forums still. Its just been me, OH and my Mum that come up with silly names for things.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2007, 11:47:39 AM »
Ahhhhh how utterly gorgeous.  I'm so pleased to see another cat sleeping like that ... my Foxy does that as well ... I call it her seal position  :rofl: 
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline smeagol

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2007, 11:26:09 AM »
Marmite was meant to be a companion for Batfink. A friend said they had a farm kitten left from the litter and were desperate to get it homed so the mother could be spayed. Being a sucker for a sob story she brought her over. We were told she was 10 weeks but it turned out she can't have been much more than 7 weeks and was tiny. Poor little girl was so clingy. She formed a really close attachment to me and I often woke in the night to her needing and suckling my hair. She eventually got over it but we still remain very close. Batfink wasn't too impressed at first but she reluctantly showed her the ropes. She has just joined me for some cuddles and some nose kisses. Those are her speciality  :Luv:

So here she is with her Daddy:

Sleeping in strange positions:

Loving her Fink:

She is quite fond of Smeagol too:

Huge eyes:

Aw:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2007, 10:50:08 AM »
Yep my Lexy has a black nose too, my sister's Pippa has one too. They just look wonderful.

Can't wait to see the others.

Offline smeagol

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2007, 10:49:02 AM »
Oh yes! Even though we have since moved house, got a larger tank and with a less comfortable looking lid its still one of her favourite spots. It does have very good viewing of the bird feeders though. We have a dormer window with a feeder attached to the glass where the cats can't get to it from the outside but it makes fantastic watching.

I must say her little black nose is really cute. Some call them Hitler cats because of the moustache - someone posted a whole website about them on another forum! I think its really endearing  :Luv2:

I'd never thought of those markings as like finger prints before! Aw! Thanks for pointing that out  :Luv2:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2007, 10:47:06 AM »
I adore the four fingerprints on her forehead!! :Luv:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2007, 10:24:32 AM »
Aw she's so cute!!! Love that black nose!

I see she guards the fish so no one else can get a go then..  :evillaugh:

Offline smeagol

• Adult Cat
Batfink, Marmite, Smeagol, Custard and Milo
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 10:20:24 AM »
Well after being shown the rule book and told in no uncertain terms that its a necessity to post photos of the furry hoard, here they are:

Batfink (sometimes Fink, Stink, Stinkerton or Stinkypuss) came from Ty Agored (Welsh for Open House) in the summer of 2005. I had always had cats when living at home but they stayed with my Mother who lives a few miles up the road when I moved out. So my OH and I decided it was time we had our own fur baby. At the rescue they have a room where the cats ready, neutered, vaccinated etc can be viewed. I found it over whelming as all these lovely cats were all wanting some attention. Fink was sat in the corner on a little wooden corner shelf looking at bit sad. OH went over to say hello and she gave him kisses on the finger. Well that was that! It turned out the reason she was sad was she had ear mites that were causing her to hold her ears a little flat:

We soon sorted that out though:

My favourite:

Well just a silly moment:

More to follow  :Luv2:

Link to CatChat