Author Topic: Yay! They love each other!  (Read 2295 times)

Offline unseeliechylde

• Distinguished Cat
Re: Yay! They love each other!
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2007, 20:11:49 PM »
They can be really sweet with each other (in between the stampeding around, wrestling and falling out) - I guess its because they are both still quite young. It's just nice to know that they've hit it off, and can look forward to growing up, and growing old, together :Luv:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2007, 12:17:16 PM »
Oh Wow - love those piccies - especially the bottom ones!   Really glad they've now got mutual respect for each other!  :)

Offline unseeliechylde

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2007, 10:46:59 AM »
 :rofl: :rofl: oh yes, Chris, we get the pouncing / spitting / batting routine, but its usually Riley acting like the over-enthusiastic kitten (despite being twice her size and probably over double her weight!), while Skye growls, bats and runs off to sulk someplace before coming back to start another dispute herself! :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2007, 00:07:09 AM »
Love those pictures  ;D

Offline chris91011

• Adult Cat
  • R.I.P.Tigger Sept95--30/1/08-much loved & missed
    • My Pet Site
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2007, 23:25:18 PM »
oh that is so lovely--so cute!!!!!!!!
i remember when we first got Meg, tigger would'nt have anything to do with her, would'nt go near her, would'nt even come into the room! he would just look at her in disgust, but Meg would just go up to him[she was very forward! still is!!] and he would spit and growl at her, it took him 2-3wks before he would come into the room and be where she was, but there ok now, she is a terrible torment with him tho, she hides behind doors and jumps out at him, then he hisses and spits at her then she backs off, she knows how far she can go with him!! other times there will be one on either side of the door and the front paws come out and there's a boxing match going on! so funny to watch!!! :naughty:
chris.

Offline unseeliechylde

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2007, 09:42:38 AM »
I'm really pleased - he still bullies her, of course, but at least he's also being nice to her now! ;D I was worried when we first decided to get her - Riley's a bit of a spoiled boy, and was used to all the attention, so I wasn't sure if he would be willing to share, or accept another cat in "his" space. Skye grew up with her littermates for her first four months, so she seems more accepting of domineering big brothers! :evillaugh:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2007, 07:00:20 AM »
That's so cute, you expect brother/sisters to love each other but it's even cuter when they weren't brought up together  :)

Offline unseeliechylde

• Distinguished Cat
Yay! They love each other! - Now with Pics!
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2007, 19:05:32 PM »
Some pics of my babes being huggy :Luv:

Offline unseeliechylde

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2007, 12:30:07 PM »
 :thanks: guys :Luv: There's still the odd bit of rough and tumble, and Riley does take thnigs a little to far now and then, but things are definately getting better ;D I'm just so glad because we really did get her as a friend for Riley (as well as a little girl for us), so it's great to see that he is finally taking to her, and settling back down to his "usual" self ;)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2007, 23:25:16 PM »
Thats wonderful news  ;D

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2007, 22:53:07 PM »
I knew it!!  Of course Riley had to let it known who is the big bro first, but he is such a sweetpea at heart, and who could resist the charm of cute little skye!!? :Luv:
I am so chuffed for you all!! ;D :Luv: :hug:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 21:45:34 PM »
yay - that's great. Hope they continue in that vein - nothing nastier than two cats suddenly realising they hate each other while sharing the pillow with your head. I find retreating under the duvet is the only solution  :rofl: I actually prefer it with one on each side as it saves electric blanket - though it gets a bit nasty on hot Brisbane nights ...

Offline unseeliechylde

• Distinguished Cat
Yay! They love each other!
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 21:33:12 PM »
Sadly I didn't have my camera to capture the moment (isn't it always the way? :doh:), but for the last two nights, Riley and Skye have slept wrapped around each other on the pillow above my head! :Luv: Previously, they slept one on each side of the bed, and Skye would get a bop on the nose if she came too close.
They have also started playing together, with toys! :Luv: Previously, Riley would watch Skye play, and attack her at strategic points, then they'd chase each other around. Riley was playing with Skye the way he would play with a cat toy, which was a bit rough on her. Yesterday and today they took it in turns to play with da mouse, and chased each other with minimal wrestling!
I'm just so happy! Over the last 3 weeks Riley has got used to, tolerated, grudgingly accepted her, then began to get on reasonably well about 50% of the time, but now he seems genuinely to love her to bits :Luv:
He even came running from the living room to the kitchen when she meowed (she's not used to being picked up much yet), and licked her head when I put her on the floor again!
I'm just so pleased - she has adored him from the outset, but he has been a bit cool towards her, being polite one minute and a bully the next. This has been the first signs that he genuinely likes her rather than just doesn't mind her - yay!!! ;D

Link to CatChat