Author Topic: Cats Protection  (Read 6039 times)

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
Re: Cats Protection
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 22:04:44 PM »
The Cats Protection League is a huge national charity with branches all over the UK, not all of which are actually rescue homes as such ... many of their cats are actually with volunteer foster carers in their own homes.  They do fantastic work and if they've got a reputation for being cowboys, I've certainly not heard about it!  They take their work very seriously and have a mission to ensure that all their cats are neutered before they leave, plus they do home visits before allowing anyone to adopt one of their cats, to ensure they are suitable owners.  One of my cats is ex-Cats Protection League and I found them fantastic.  Bear in mind that although they have 7,000 cats and that seems a lot, it's all over the UK, not in one rescue home!

Offline Steve1977

• Adult Cat
Cats Protection
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 21:57:32 PM »
Me and my g/f are looking into the possibility of getting a pet kitten (and we may even get two based on the feedback we'v been getting!)

But we'r going to spend weeks researching, visiting rescue homes etc. (we'r going the rescue home route) and weighing up the pro's (of which there are many).

Iv read plenty of things on this website: http://www.catchat.org/kittens.html

Which suggest getting them from care homes because they are being looked after, getting used to human interaction etc. But even then it says to beware of certain care homes and so I happened to come across this website:

http://www.cats.org.uk/

Now a lot of rescue homes are small and people see it as a chance to look after pets who have come across unfortunate circumstances, yet the place above looks more like a pet store than a rescue home. What with the sheer magnitude of cats they have, are they a reputable place? Or do they have a reputation for being cowboys?

Link to CatChat