Author Topic: How did you come across Purrs and how long did you lurk for?  (Read 6437 times)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Re: How did you come across Purrs and how long did you lurk for?
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2011, 20:37:14 PM »
Did you first see Christopher & James on the Paws Inn thread on Purrs Frances?

I lurked on both sites for a while and joined Purrs on August 25 2010 (no, I didn't remember - had to check my profile!).

Yeah, yeah - we believe you, thousands wouldn't  ;)  :evillaugh:

Offline Frances

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Christopher, Eleanor and George; RIP James
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2011, 18:35:24 PM »
I think I probably googled "cat rescue" and found both Purrs and CC separately.  This would have been shortly after I lost Woody last year and was going though my "I want another cat (or two) but how am I going to be able to choose" phase. 

I lurked on both sites for a while and joined Purrs on August 25 2010 (no, I didn't remember - had to check my profile!).  I don't think I started posting until after I'd been to see Christopher and James at Paws Inn in October.

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2011, 17:35:42 PM »
Me too  ;D

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
Re: How did you come across Purrs?
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2011, 17:28:39 PM »
I googled cat forum just after I posted this to see where we came and we are about the 5th link down so am pleased you 'shopped around' Jiji  :)

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2011, 17:25:25 PM »
I just did a search for cat forum, looked at a few but thought Purrs was more friendly and was more 'me' because it supported rescues. I did lurk for a short while, but the more I read about the rescues and the genuine care they have for their charges made me eager to join and help in a small way :shy:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2011, 17:15:42 PM »
 :wooooo: our first non 'via CatChat' post  :wow: It's definitely addictive isn't it  :doh:  :Crazy:

Offline den22

• Distinguished Cat
  • In loving memory of my beloved Butch 1998-2010
  • Slave to: Fudge & Ariel
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 17:09:45 PM »
My daughter is a member of another forum for Bengals she thought it would be nice for myself to join one so she searched and found Purrs  :Luv:
I became a member and have been hooked ever since and as you know I'm not the only one Fudge has also got his paws on here too :shify: :shify: :evillaugh:

Denise
Xxxx
The Purrs 2013 Christmas Auction is now on!
All funds donated to Feral & Stray Foundation  - starts 17th November to 1st Dec 
Will you be a bidder, or donate something to auction - or both?!

Den22

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 17:02:31 PM »
So, we seem to have a common theme of finding Purrs through CatChat in one way or another  :) I know the Purrs shop is doing quite well on ebay nowadays so was wondering whether members were finding us through there but evidently not  :evillaugh:

Liz - does your surprise have four legs and a tail  :shify:  :wow:

Edd - seems like only yesterday reading his story again, hard to believe it was nearly 18 months ago  :Crazy:

Offline madamcat (Edd)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 16:51:11 PM »
I was a member of Cat Chat and a lurker on here  :shify: until a elderly cat was taken into the local RSPCA hospital as a stray and the finder was told the cat was to be pts after 7 days.  Joined up on Purrs to help get support for the hospital to release the cat for adoption by the original finder which was being refused.   >:(

Thanks to CC and Purrs peeps and rescues,  the head vet agreed to the adoption at the eleventh hour. The lady from Shepherd's Bush adopted the cat and he was named Justin (for Just in Time):
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,30339.msg545155.html#msg545155

That was in January 2010  :)

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 16:28:45 PM »
Came over from CC when it closed and got hooked on the auctions and am still coming back, have loved and lost many oft he Clan and have new members, new doggies and a wonderful community that I belong to so all in all still here and have a surprise announcement later on :evillaugh:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 15:42:46 PM »
I was never a member of Cat Chat but I found Purrs through it. Found CC from a Google search for rescues.

That's interesting, I've always thought the CatChat link to Purrs looks a bit odd 'cat community'  :-: Glad you clicked on it though jezebel  :naughty:  :hug:

Gillian - I remember the feeling of relief too, I think it was Sam who trawled for everyone's email addresses in the hours before CC closed to tell us about the 'temporary' forum. If Tan is Queen of Purrs then Sam is Princess of Purrs  :naughty:

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 15:27:40 PM »
I was never a member of Cat Chat but I found Purrs through it. Found CC from a Google search for rescues.
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 15:25:12 PM »
Same as you Helen, I was on CatChat and well remember how upset we all were when it closed, and then the relief when Purrs came into being and we were all together again here.  :)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
How did you come across Purrs and how long did you lurk for?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 15:13:46 PM »
Just interested really, I saw a recent post by a new member that said they had been a lurker for years before joining and it got me thinking... We have nearly 4000 members now (obviously not all active ones though) and who knows how many lurkers so it got me thinking where did they all come from?!

I joined after CatChat had to close it's doors, I wasn't particularly active on CC but was gutted when they had to close so came here when Tan set up the temporary refuge that is now Purrs  ;D I'm now well and truly hooked  :Crazy:

« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 17:29:16 PM by Tiggy's Mum, Reason: to add to title »

Link to CatChat