Author Topic: Runny Poos!!  (Read 6103 times)

Offline Bee

• Senior Cat
  • A meow massages the heart
  • Slave to: Motown, Drum & our beautiful baby Bass RIP
Re: Runny Poos!!
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2011, 23:43:06 PM »
Ok thanks Gill, I'm sure I'm being paranoid and the sick is a very small amount, probably just hairballs...  Just an overly worried mum!  :thanks:
I am impressed by her manners too, heading to the litter tray making a little well with her paw and being sick into it so that the litter stays dry!

Ooh the girls celebrate their 1st birthday in 20 mins  :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2011, 23:37:12 PM »
I wouldnt worry, Lupin goes less frequently with the chicken, just keep an eye on them  :hug: :hug:

Offline Bee

• Senior Cat
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2011, 22:19:00 PM »
...just found some sick in the litter tray.. I'm starting to worry now... neither of them have been to the toilet today though and they both seem fine... Hmmmm....

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2011, 20:34:56 PM »
Sooo.. the girls are really enjoying their chicken, I think it's helping.. Today they've had a medium sized breast fillet chopped each in intervals throughout the day.. I'm not really sure how much I should be feeding them though... they seem to be hungry again... how much is too much?  :-:

I ended up giving Riley at least two small/med chicken breasts a day but he is a) male and b) fully grown (4 yrs now). If they're hungry still you could try addding cooked rice to the chopped chicken. I tried it on Riley but he just ate round it  :innocent:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2011, 20:29:03 PM »
I feel that this chicken doesnt really fill them up, I am aslo giving Lupin some biscuits now, they are Hills science plan sensative and just noticed he has left some in the dish......wow

He is still not solid but better than he was.

Ducha is back on his normal food again and juice from the chicken LOL

Hope they are back to normal tomorrow, think Lupins like this too long for an overnight miricle.

Offline Bee

• Senior Cat
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2011, 19:04:46 PM »
Sooo.. the girls are really enjoying their chicken, I think it's helping.. Today they've had a medium sized breast fillet chopped each in intervals throughout the day.. I'm not really sure how much I should be feeding them though... they seem to be hungry again... how much is too much?  :-:

Offline Bee

• Senior Cat
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2011, 23:00:30 PM »
Well the girls have eaten their boiled chicken right up so we shall see what happens.... Might try the oven tomorrow just for a change... Bass seems to have all but recovered but Drum did another stinker today... bless her, I want the to be well for Friday as it's their 1st birthday!!  :(
I might get some RC pouches to reintroduce the wet food post chicken...

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2011, 19:02:33 PM »
It's normally cheaper online than at the vets, mine charge £10.50 a box whereas it's £8.60 a box online.

P.S Apologies for taking your thread off onto a Royal Canin sensitivity tangent Bee!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 19:03:23 PM by Tiggy's Mum - Helen »

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2011, 18:43:49 PM »
Too expensive online and vets round here seem to have stopped selling RC and Hills.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2011, 18:37:09 PM »
You can get the pouches from any vets (they're not a prescription food so you shouldn't need to be registered there). Also VetUK sell them and numerous other places online too.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2011, 18:28:17 PM »
RC sensitivity biscuits made Lupin ill again, havent got anywhere to buy the pouches.

Also breast meat here lol and need some more.

Cant mess around with putting stuff in the oven when 2 mins in microwave boils it and as he doesnt drink then the water which becomes tasty juice is useful for him to drink.

Ducha also partial to this chicken in juice........sigh

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2011, 18:07:06 PM »
I'm shuddering at the thought of a runny bum/longhaired white cat combo!

Oh yes, been there  :sick:

I always just bake the chicken in the oven, never bother with boiling it.

:evillaugh:

Me too on the chicken front, only the breast as I don't like the brown meat so don't expect the boys to eat it either  :naughty: I just wrap it in foil and it comes out soooo juicy I'm jealouus of the cats dinner  :evillaugh:

Saying that I tend to buy the Royal Canin sensitivity pouches if either of the boys have an upset tummy now as it's just so much easier than faffing around with cooking, cooling and chopping chicken - especially when I'm up at 5am for work!

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2011, 18:02:01 PM »
I'm shuddering at the thought of a runny bum/longhaired white cat combo!

Oh yes, been there  :sick:

I always just bake the chicken in the oven, never bother with boiling it.

Offline Bee

• Senior Cat
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2011, 12:35:52 PM »
Aaah thanks for the well wishes guys  :)

Drum and Bass send you both some ankle licks  ;)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 23:59:36 PM »
Thanks and know Lupin will get back and since the last explosion he is now playing again.............somehow need to stop each eating the others food. Havent found anywhere to hide Duchas food that Lupin doesnt find it and I can get to it without having to get up every half hour!

Lupin is just a gannet but Ducha who is 18yrs next month only eats a very little at a time.

I boil the chicken in water.....not a lot, in wave and keep in fridge. I cut chicken into very small pieces and it gets about 2 mins. Out of fridge I give him the juice and chicken cut down again and in wave for 10secs to just take the chill off it.

It heats up very quickly so just need to make sure its not hot.

Hope they both get well quick  :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 23:56:05 PM »
My vets don't advise starving them any longer but putting them straight onto a bland diet - chicken or chicken with rice if they'll eat it.  If Bass has cleared up quickly then hopefully Drum will too.

Luckily my boys are shorthaired but having seen the devastation that can be caused by a runny bum on a shorthair cat I'm shuddering at the thought of a runny bum/longhaired white cat combo! Huggies babywipes are brilliant for any marks on the carpet and could also be used to wipe her if she gets in a mess.

I've had good success with Lacto-B before but I don't think many vets sell it (they seem to favour pro-kolin aka kitty face paints), it's handy to have in the house ready for any relapses.

:get well: girls :care:

Offline Bee

• Senior Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 23:51:22 PM »
Oh Gill, you sound much worse off than me! Hope your kits are ok! Thanks both of you for the advise I'll pick up chicken tomorrow and order the online stuff, I've trimmed the girls a little but they are very difficult to hold still!

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 23:46:01 PM »
I have been giving Lupin Lacto B last week but on Sat he was worse than usual, wonder if i gave him too much, so be careful of dosage.

The other one is a paste you squirt in mouth so turned that one down from vets.

Have had him on boiled chicken since Sat and was getting better but stole loads of Duchas food and now is back how he was grrrrrrrrrr.

Thanks Angie cos didnt know how much and how often to give him the chicken cos he gets hungry so quick.

Hope that helps Bee.

Now Ducha been sick all over bed, started this morning when he ate some rc sensitive biscuits I wanted Lupin to eat, Ducha just cant tollerate biscuits at all, they went in and straight out again grrrrrrrrrrrr.

So now have two cats to get backl to normal.

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 23:35:14 PM »
trim hair round their rear ends.
Buy some proKolin or Lacto-B online.
Starve for 24 hours and then try something bland like boiled fish or chicken is small but frequent meals. You could try mashing up a bit of boiled egg in with their food.

Offline Bee

• Senior Cat
Runny Poos!!
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 23:18:00 PM »
Argh!
First Bass had a little bit of runny stools going on, she got better and now Drum too... I'm keeping a close eye and will head straight to the vets if hers doesn't clear up... but any tips in the meantime would help. I've cleaned out their cat fountain and replaced the water as usual, done a full dump and clean of the litter trays and restricted them to just a little dry applaws ... they obviously don't go out so can't have eaten anything unusual that I'm aware of..
the other issue I have is that, well they are long haired lovelies... so this and sloppy toilet are not a great partnership.. Drum was very distressed at the mess she was in when she couldn't clean herself properly, we got hold of her and tried to help her and got most of it off but not until after she'd tried and made herself sick.. which she did in the litter tray like the well mannered young lady that she is!
They both seem quite happy playful and not at all off their food so I can't work it out.. when it was Bass I thought it might be because i'd tried her on other food but Drum has only eaten the Hi Life and turned her nose up at everything else...  :shocked:
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 23:19:27 PM by Bee »

Link to CatChat