Author Topic: Why don't people keep their cats inside in this weather?  (Read 6067 times)

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
Re: Why don't people keep their cats inside in this weather?
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2010, 12:11:32 PM »
I keep telling my two they don't know how well off they are being indoor cats in this weather while their poor meowmy has to battle her way to work on public transport, they ignore me of course  :rofl:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2010, 12:07:19 PM »
mine do go out but not for very long, well Amber doesn't she is a girl of summer  :naughty:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2010, 12:06:13 PM »
The straight answer to the title is................cos some cats like to go out no matter what the weather and I for one would have big problems with Sasa especially but also Misa if they couldnt go out.

Sasa was out watching the birds this morning, Misa is still asleep cos he goes out hunting at night.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 11:40:28 AM »
I am worried that they will shelter under the vets/VNs cars at the back. AFAIK, the owner is home during the day as from what I have heard, he is a guitar maker/teacher so I picture him as a doped up hippy type.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 11:36:38 AM »
Have to say all our mob are indoors at times like this I am so glad we have a vcery large house they are all sleeping a lot but a bit stir crazy after 7 days of confinement - which will continue till I can at least get out the door and have some space even the dogs did a double take this morning
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 11:27:33 AM »
poor little thing

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Why don't people keep their cats inside in this weather?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 11:25:28 AM »
It was the same last winter. The 2 tortie sisters are out in all weathers/all hours  >:(

I know some people don't agree with feeding other people's cats, but these aren't just chancers, they really are starving at times. Her sister was on the fence miowing for food at 7am and this one was just outside. I held a bowl of simply up for her to eat. She stayed for a fuss and waited for ages. She had a layer of snow on her  :'(

I went to get the camera (as am going to try to find out who owns then to report them)

She decided to take off as I took the photo from the kitchen, but you can see the snow on her - poor baby  :'(

I had already cleared the snow off the fence.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 11:27:05 AM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Link to CatChat