Author Topic: Meet Buster  (Read 6484 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Meet Buster
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2010, 11:34:45 AM »
Well, he had his vet visit on Fri, didn't really like my new vet though, I told him about 4 things that concerned me and didn't really get an answer to any of them, so dont know if he is suspecting something and wants to wait for bloods to come back (I suspect hyper-t), or thinks they are nothing and that is why he said nothing - I also got a urine sample so that has been sent to the lab with the bloods. I have started him on some glucosamine, as i asked the vet about the chance of him getting arthritis in his deformed paws and got told that 95% of old cats get it!! Luckily he enjoys his food so much he hasn't noticed yet!! I asked if he had extra toes or just no claws on some and got told 'no, he's just lost claws' - like losing claws is a normal thing to happen!! He hadn't weed on anything while I was away, but I have cleaned up 4 lots of cat wee since coming back!! He has had a few supervised trips outside, he keeps going up to the neighbours cats and sitting looking at them, regardless of the fact they are growling away at him!! He does walk very funny outside on his deformed paw, it is like he doesn't like to touch certain surfaces.
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2010, 08:10:29 AM »
Another couple of weeks, as i go away next Fri, so was planning on doing it the day after I get back, unless he seems like he needs to go before.

You can see in the photos that his toes dont look long enough, and have a slightly 'webbed' look to them, so am fairly sure it is a birth defect, especially with the other paw on that side not being right.

The last pic was taken to show his mouth, his two last teeth seem to keep his mouth slightly open most of the time!!
Please spay your cat

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2010, 20:33:33 PM »
Buster's gorgeous and soooo DAZ white  :Luv2: :Luv2:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2010, 15:26:14 PM »
Lovely lad  :Luv:

.....have had more chance to look at his feet today, it seems to be both his right paws, his back one looks like it hasn't fully grown, he hardly has any toes (or they have been amputated), his front one is just turned inwards.

When is he due a vet check up Desley?  Would dearly love to hear that his paws have not been damaged on purpose  :(   Perhaps he was in an accident and he needed surgery?  Glad to hear he uses them to play with Da Birdy  :Luv:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2010, 14:03:00 PM »
 :Luv: awww he sounds so sweet, here are the photos...............
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2010, 11:05:32 AM »
They were both on my knee again last night, but managed to get a pic - would you be able to post it tomorrow Jane? He is really keen on other cats, he has just seen a neighbours cat through the window and cooing at her - shame the girls hate cats!! Zi tickles me, her, Buster and Ellie all come into the bathroom with me in the morning, Zi will let Ellie walk in, but growls at Buster!! At least she has stopped batting Ellie round the head every day now!!

I clipped his claws last night - he hates his feet being touched. Some of his toes dont have claws, so now not sure if he is a polydactyl or just has deformed feet! His front right paw is almost certainly deformed, there are 2 toes without claws, and his foot is turned in at an angle, and when you look at the underneath, all his pads are turned in too. Will have to get the vets opinion as to whether it is worth starting glucosamine supplements now. ETA - have had more chance to look at his feet today, it seems to be both his right paws, his back one looks like it hasn't fully grown, he hardly has any toes (or they have been amputated), his front one is just turned inwards. He favours his left one when playing wiht Da Bird too!!

He loves people and fusses, whether this will calm down the longer he is here I dont know, and he is so playful, it is wonderful watching him race round the house having a mad 10 minutes!!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 19:44:05 PM by Desley (booktigger) »
Please spay your cat

Offline purrdy1

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2010, 21:40:12 PM »
aww he does sound like a real delight!...sorry to hear about the weeing issues! that is a shame..i hope that he settles soon xx
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." Mahatma Gandhi

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2010, 20:29:38 PM »
Aaaw Ellie and Buster sound like they are gonna be great together.  :Luv2: :hug:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2010, 13:44:55 PM »
Great news Desley! after such a short time too  :)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2010, 10:58:33 AM »
Awww. He does sound lovely! :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2010, 08:06:18 AM »
Thanks, we had a good night last night, he has a mad 10 minutes pretty much every night when I come home, it is wonderful to watch him bounding about and playing, despite his age. He started off cuddling next to my knee, and Ellie on my knee, but I had to move her to wash up, and when I sat back down, he went on my knee - she decided she also wanted to go on my knee, so did her usual 'I'm going to sit with you, you can either stay or move' - he moved slightly, so was sprawled half on me, half on the sofa, and she laid across him!! They stayed there for ages too, I was late to bed!! Unfortunately camera batteries had died, I am hoping they will do it again tonight and I can get a good pic.
Please spay your cat

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2010, 15:18:39 PM »
Buster is lovely  :Luv:  Fingers crossed the weeing sorts itself out.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2010, 13:40:45 PM »
Not sure how I missed this, but well done on your new addition  ;D :Luv2:

Hope you resolve the weeing issues, he sounds lovely  :Luv:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2010, 12:29:45 PM »
I wonder if he and Freddie were twins in another lifetime? ...... 2 teeth AND peepots  :)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2010, 00:09:33 AM »
Aaaw the little *ugger.

You are right not  alot of people woulod take him in or other cats with probs and it's fantastic that you and others do take them in.

Mary  :hug:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2010, 08:14:17 AM »
He uses the tray as well Mary (all 3 of them!!) - each has different litter in it atm, and there is only him that knows about the new one, no one else goes in that part of that room.

I do seem to keep managing to come across these males with weeing issues!! At least it is only certain beds and clothes, he is fine with the bath mat, and the blanket and carpet tile on the landing, as well as the blankets on the sofa. Without meaning to sound big headed, he is lucky, very few people would take on an oldie with weeing issues, he could have easily had to spend the rest of his life in the rescue, and he is such a loving boy it would have been a shame.
I discovered this morning he only has two teeth, bless him!!
Please spay your cat

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2010, 17:00:08 PM »
Oh no, not a very nice surprise for you.  Maybe he just needs someone to spend some time with him training him to use the litter tray. Funnily enough I was watching a repeat of 'How Clean is Your House' this morning and the woman had a cat that weed everywhere - Haggy took her to a vet and she was told by the vet:

Not to fully clean out the litter tray every day which is what she was doing - a cat needs to smell that it's his/her toilet.

make sure the litter is quite deep so they have something to dig into.

Use a large tray so they have room to stand in.

When they went back 2 months later the cat was using the tray.

Good luck.

Mary

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2010, 08:04:32 AM »
He is a lovely boy - with a very bad habit!! He thinks certain cat beds and piles of clothes are litter trays - have had 3 cat beds and 2 piles of clothes weed on since he came. I thought he must have cysitis with the move, the rescue told me he had done that ever since coming in, but they only put certain beds in the oldie room so forgot to tell me!! he doesn't seem to mind the bath mat and the blanket on the landing, so hopefully I can put a blanket in the bathroom, as Zi does like to have a bed in there!! When he goes for his full check up, I will get a urine sample done to be on the safe side.  Very playful and active for his age, but also likes to be a lap cat (just doens't like being picked up yet).
Please spay your cat

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2010, 06:55:31 AM »
I met him at the rescue and he's so lovely  :Luv2:

Offline Shiroi-Neko

• Distinguished Cat
  • Ai-Chan & Tora
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2010, 21:53:36 PM »
Buster looks great! Love his markings

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2010, 21:35:08 PM »
Aaaw bless him - gorgeous little old man  :Luv:

So gald he's with you.

Mary

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2010, 21:31:05 PM »
I love cats with fresian markings  :Luv:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2010, 21:10:37 PM »
Buster is gorgeous :Luv: and lucky to be with you :) :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2010, 14:24:26 PM »
 :Luv2: :Luv2: Photos of Buster and Ellie
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 14:25:14 PM by Janeyk »

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2010, 13:22:00 PM »
Thanks Jane - it was a shame you couldnt make it, it was a very successful day, lots of people - weather wasn't great, but c'est la vie!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 13:15:47 PM »
 :) Desley that's great news 

:( sorry couldn't make it yesterday would have loved to have seen Buster and all the others again (if still there) hopefully next time.

I hope that things soon settle down.

If you like you can email the photos to me.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 13:20:22 PM by Janeyk »

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 13:13:36 PM »
I know - I never expected the girls to, they dont even like each other all the time, and that is 18 months on, but I thought Ellie would - she has been hissed at, batted at, pinned down by mine this year and hissed at by the neighbours cat and accepted it all, yet seems to have issues with Buster. She is going back to the rescue after my hol though, so in a way it isn't too bad if she doesn't like him.
Please spay your cat

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 13:08:02 PM »
He sounds lovely  :) Shame the girls aren't so keen... yet!

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Meet Buster
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 12:58:50 PM »
8 weeks after losing Sam, I feel ready for another cat (despite saying I wouldnt go back up to 3!!). Buster has been with us so long he is due for his boosters in a month, and I doubt he was vacc'd as soon as he came in cos he was rather thin. His other name was twinkletoes, he does seem to have either extra toes or toes that are wider (he isn't keen on me investigating!!), and one of his front paws seems to be at a funny angle, although dont know if that is due to extra toes or not. The rescue think he is about 13. I did something I never do and let him loose straight in the house (mainly for Ellie, as she is lonely) - none of the girls like him though, have never heard Ellie hiss and growl at another cat before, so am going to have to put the cage up and give her some time to investigate him that way. He is a complete catnip junkie, and loves to play, and is really loving, but was more interested in teh catnip and toys than me last night!! He has spent a bit of time in the cat room and not noticed Clyde, which is a bonus. Will send pics to someone tomorrow for uploading.
Please spay your cat

Link to CatChat