Author Topic: Claire's house of waifs and strays - pics added of Mister Darcy  (Read 6000 times)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Re: Claire's house of waifs and strays
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2010, 17:27:19 PM »
Claire_smc - (send more cats)  :evillaugh:

Offline Claire_smc

• Hero Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2010, 17:13:42 PM »
*sigh* OH has already said we're absolutely not keeping him, and 'our house isn't a zoo' and 'we agreed to only one animal and now there isn't a room in the house where you can escape'. I notice that's not what he was saying when we were first bringing the puppy home and he wanted to keep him  :innocent: Hopefully I've found a home for Tank though so when he goes off (fingers crossed) I'll be able to bring Pepsi downstairs and keep stranger cat in the bedroom for the time being, I would definately be able to introduce the two cats though so that should make it a bit easier. I can kind of see why OH is getting stressed out though  :-[

Although I a already thinking of names......  :shify:
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 17:14:32 PM by Claire_smc »

'I love my cats because I love my home, and after a while they become its visible soul'

'I have studied many philsophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior'

Offline angel-77

• Senior Cat
  • Tia & Oscar
  • Slave to: Tia (Tee'bo) & Oscar (Oscardoodles)
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 17:05:54 PM »
Good for you for rescuing him and giving him a safe place!!

Hopefully you will have some luck with the posters, if not, you will have a new addition to the family  :evillaugh:

You are getting as bad as me with my menagerie!!!

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 17:04:05 PM »
You are a star Claire  :Flowers:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Claire_smc

• Hero Cat
Claire's house of waifs and strays - pics added of Mister Darcy
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 14:45:34 PM »
For those who don't know, I'm currently looking after a puppy for my friend at work who wanted rid of him, so I have him in my living room while I try to find him a new home. Because of this Pepsi has been living in the bedroom because I don't feel like they'd be able to be introduced.

For the past few days I've heard meowing coming from upstairs and assumed it was Pepsi making noise in the bedroom. However, we went out last night and when we came home and were stood in front of our house we heard yowling which couldn't have been Pepsi because we have double glazing and it was a really loud and clear sound. The house next to ours was drug raided a while ago and has been empty and boarded up for about the past month, however recently we've noticed their back door has been open so we assumed someone was squatting in the house. Today two old ladies came knocking on our door and said there was a cat trapped in the house as obviously the squatter has left and closed the door behind him  >:( So me and Si went on a rescue mission, opened the back door and coaxed this poor little kitty out, gave him some food which he absolutely wolfed down and took him off to the vets to be scanned. He has no chip but he has a collar which the vet remarked looked like it had been on for a very long time. He's an entire tom, very skinny and raggedy and has a scarred patch on the back of his neck. I don't think being trapped in the house for the amount of time he probably was would be enough for his condition to be like that so I think he used to be someone's pet but he's been living as a stary for a while? However the old woman said the other day there was a man asking around as he'd lost his cat so it could be him, but he doesn't look very well looked after  :scared: He seems quite friendly, was rubbing up against my legs and didn't mind being picked up and put into the carrier so he might well be someone's pet.

He's currently in our bathroom  :Crazy: I'm going to put him up on some lost and found sites and poster our area, and I have the number for the CPL. OH and flatmate are very not happy with me at the moment  :yawn 2: The thing is, because he's obviously used to being an outdoor cat, he's not happy with me either. I don't want to just turn him back out onto the streets but I don't know what to do otherwise!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 20:45:25 PM by Claire_smc »

'I love my cats because I love my home, and after a while they become its visible soul'

'I have studied many philsophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior'

Link to CatChat