Author Topic: Forum Etiquette: The Rules  (Read 5792 times)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
Re: Forum Etiquette: The Rules
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2007, 14:04:52 PM »
 I have not been on there for years, although I sometimes receive mail from members. I only ever went  on during the evening for a bit of relaxation. However, some people started to become extremely rude you know the type about the snake and the eye, that used to come on every day and they all thought they were original, also too many kids who should have been in bed were on. Of course as it is instant on the chat it takes a time for those people to get chucked off
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2007, 13:45:52 PM »
Quote from: Ela

I assume you mean the cat chat, I have not been on there for years. I think it goes on everywhere, but as I say we are not fooled. ;D
[/quote

i thought u always went on the aol cat board
i once remember someone saying u were " the best person to ask for cat health/care queries)
u was always on there when i use to b with aol , i use to miss the cat board until i knew about this board ,aol is  :censored: compared to this
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

• Super Cat
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2007, 13:42:27 PM »
the ones who do it must b a bit slow not to realise there ip number is recorded after each and every post

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2007, 12:32:18 PM »
that still going on on aol then ela ?

I assume you mean the cat chat, I have not been on there for years. I think it goes on everywhere, but as I say we are not fooled. ;D

• Super Cat
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2007, 12:23:56 PM »
[quote)

What I find irritating in forums (not necessarily this one) is people who  register in a different name, post a comment because they perhaps are not brave enough to so in their own name, or perhaps vote for something then often don't post again or pop up only occasionally like a bad penny, and they think we don't know. ;D

that still going on on aol then ela ?

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2007, 08:09:23 AM »
Nothing major, but I know from bitter experience that as forum users get more comfortable and 'at home' in their surroundings, you get all sorts of bits of bad behaviour surfacing that were kept under wraps when they were new. A

What I find irritating in forums (not necessarily this one) is people who  register in a different name, post a comment because they perhaps are not brave enough to so in their own name, or perhaps vote for something then often don't post again or pop up only occasionally like a bad penny, and they think we don't know. ;D

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2007, 23:12:55 PM »
I have NO idea what all these posts about problems among members are about, as I have a talent for not noticing very much at all  ;D but I hope all issues are resolved soon. I think what Tan has done in setting this site up is a lovely thing and if people can't be nice, they should keep their opinions strictly polite.(Or vent it to their nearest and dearest! ;) )

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Beccles

• Distinguished Cat
  • Daphne and Elettra born 18.06.06, Figaro 23.08.07
    • My weblog: Comprehension Dawns
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2007, 22:35:29 PM »

I would like to draw everyone's attention to the Forum Etiquette and Registration agreement document which we all signed when we joined Purrs.

It can be viewed here.

we all saw them when we signed up surely,so whats new or changed that we should have to be reminded?

Nothing major, but I know from bitter experience that as forum users get more comfortable and 'at home' in their surroundings, you get all sorts of bits of bad behaviour surfacing that were kept under wraps when they were new. A bit of a reminder seemed to be needed about what is expected and what is not acceptable.

So far, so good. :)
Spaying and neutering saves lives.
Nobody has a right to own a cat. It's a privilege.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2007, 17:00:17 PM »
am paying over one hundred pounds per month vat,

Of course with Charity status you will be also able to claim Gift Aid which is another 28p in the pound which will help you enormously I am sure. Good luck.

Offline ronandcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
    • LostCatsBrighton
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2007, 16:24:50 PM »
 Hi Tan Gill Thanks for your most welcome reply and i agree with Ela i think you both do a great job raising money for all the little Puscats, we would not be able to take in as many little lost and unwanted little mites if it were not for all the hard work you both do,  although i am going to have to slow down, as i cant keep taking in as many as i do and i HATE saying no, i am still waiting to hear if my charity status goes though,then i will know where i stand, i am paying over one hundred pounds per month vat, and wish the vets were not so greedy still i know things will work out in the end, but there is only so many hours in a day you can work sometimes i wish there were more,but i know i will get there in the end, little Tigger The one eye cat is doing fine he has even been in the garden with me today but i have to watch him as he cant see to well out of his other eye and all my other cats seem to have taken to him, but i blame myself for letting the last people home him, he was not treated to well when i lift my hand he ducks and seems frightend but he will be happy living with us, well thanks again and hope you have had a great Easter Ron.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2007, 08:08:53 AM »
Sounds soppy i know but it comes from the heart.

I don't think 'what your wrote' ;D was soppy at all, just the sentiments of a true pet lover. I can't say cat lover because I know occasionally cat rescues help other pets and wildlife as well.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2007, 20:38:18 PM »
I second what you have said Ron, and also what Tan has said  ;D

I would hate to see anything happen to Purrs after all the hard work. We have been through a learning curve and the thing about learning is that one never stops.

Ron you can be sure of one thing and that is Tan and I will never let the CC problems take over Purrs and we aim to keep a friendly, happy , helpful place were people can get surport when their cats need help and also when they have been through tragedy and lost their cats to the Bridge.

Every cats life is important and I hope that we can continue to help as many cats as possible  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2007, 18:40:07 PM »
Hi Ron,  :thanks:  :Luv:

No Trouble brewing that i know of Ron and all old trouble will be kept off Purrs.   
The angels like you, Dawn, Teresa, Lesley, & others who run the indepandant rescues, all the wonderful fosters like Desley, Kelly etc, and all our fantastic group rescues like CP etc are our real hero's .  :Luv:  As i have said before, i have always wanted to help the cats that need love and care but not yet brave enough to do it myself sooo our next best thing is to support and help you angels in rescue, who spend your lives caring for the needy cats. We care and respect you all very much for doing that.
To know that one more cat gets a loving home or one more has had life saving care because of you lot and that we have helped just a little, gives me such a buzz.  It makes me want to raise all i can for all the rescues on here and me and Gill will try our best to do that through Purrs. 
Sounds soppy i know but it comes from the heart.  :Luv:

Offline ronandcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
    • LostCatsBrighton
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2007, 17:09:47 PM »
 Hope we have not got Trouble Brewing this has been such a good site, I would hate to see it all go pear shape after all the good work that Tan has put into it, Don't really know what happend on cat chat, But it would really be a shame to loose one of the best sites on the net through bickering between ourselves,Tan has put a lot of hard work into it, and this site  has raised a lot of money to help save a lot of little cats in diffrent Charity's registered or not, I know i for one would be in a lot more trouble with my vet bills if Purrs had not given me the help they and all the loverly people did who took part in the Christmas raffle and the help they have given Dawn, and i know the people on this Forum all think the same so come on folks lets all get behind Tan  and give her all the backing she gives us, and anyone who thinks the can ruin our purrs like they ruined Cat chat get off our Forum  and this is not ment for any one person" keep the good work going Tan I just wish i had the Time to get on the site more often Ron.Lostcatsbrighton

fuzziesdad

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2007, 12:36:35 PM »
OK I will give this a think and PM you.

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2007, 11:44:04 AM »
Yes the registration part is the same but i have now added my own rules from experience gained from running this forum over the past weeks and as my rules were not wriitten and posted on the main forum for all to see and follow, i feel it is not right for past complaints that have been dealt with to be part of a members record. Members did not know what my rules were previously but now they do.

If you have any new complaints, please contact me or any of the Admins or Mods via PM or email and we can deal with it.  :)

fuzziesdad

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2007, 00:00:31 AM »
I would like to draw everyone's attention to the Forum Etiquette and Registration agreement document which we all signed when we joined Purrs.

It can be viewed here.

we all saw them when we signed up surely,so whats new or changed that we should have to be reminded?

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2007, 19:02:24 PM »
I was only joking  :)  Yes that's exactly why i wrote the new rules and posted them so everyone knows where we all stand.  :)
It should have been done in the begining but as this is my 1st time running a forum, the all important rules for everyone to follow were missed, esp with the auction for Ron that needed to be set up straight away when Purrs opened.  Now with the experience of running a forum over the last 21 weeks since Purrs started, i see the importance of having the rules followed, to keep a friendly forum to aid Purrs's main goal  - helping the needy cats by fundrasing for the rescues.  As this was solely my mistake at the begining any old complaints that have been dealt with will not be part of a members records.

fuzziesdad

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2007, 18:35:12 PM »
I am not trying to make it hard just trying to get things straight so we ALL know where we stand.

fuzziesdad

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2007, 18:32:23 PM »
tan said since the new rules have come into force

so I can assume from this any before will not count?

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2007, 18:25:31 PM »
Coo Roger you aint half making this hard  :rofl:   
If you or anyone has had a PM that they think has gone against the rules or they feel is offensive since the new rules have come into force, then please report them to a Mod or Admin. We won't know that you have had any unless you send them to us.
Once we receive your compliant, we will look at both sides and take appropreate action if found that Purrs's rules have been broken.
We will not be one sided , we will always look at it from both sides of the coin. We cannot let Purrs, ourselves or Staff get involved in personal disbutes that happen outside of Purrs and any of this will be deleted from the forum with or without notice and members warned.

If you had a PM that you feel you wish to report, please do, we cannot help you if you don't tell us and send a copy of the whole PM.  If you do not want to receive any PM's from any member, you have the choice to put them in your ingore list under the personal messsages options in your profile. This will stop any PM's getting through to you.

• Super Cat
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2007, 17:01:38 PM »
whoz been sending u naughty pm then ?

thank god i dont do pm with anyone there too personal if u ask me

fuzziesdad

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2007, 16:38:22 PM »
so (this is me being thick again) just to clarify each time someone sends a naughty PM no matter to who it counts as one offence.

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2007, 11:31:44 AM »
Thanks Des   :hug: Yes , If you feel any PM needs reporting, please report it to us as unless you do, we will not know about it and therefore us Mods and admins can't deal with it. Everyone has the choice in their own profile whether to accept PM's from a member or not, it is completely up to you.  :)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2007, 11:06:35 AM »
Thank goodness for that, thought I was in trouble again. ;D

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2007, 11:04:32 AM »
That is more the situation I meant Ela, i used the wrong word, was too busy thinking of somethign else!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2007, 11:02:35 AM »
Blocking should only be done if you dont really like the person, 

I have blocked someone because they kept sending me messages after I had asked them numerous times not to. Surely It would not be wrong to block someone in these circumstances.

I did not block them because I dislike them, as that is not true.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2007, 10:50:23 AM »
As Tan says Roger, we only know about PM's if they have been reported to us, we can't access peoples inboxes. But yes, if it has been reported, it should count as one offence. Blocking should only be done if you dont really like the person, not if they have broke the rules.
Please spay your cat

fuzziesdad

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2007, 10:06:51 AM »
so what we are saying here is that for want of a better word naughty PM's can be sent by whoever and the best way of dealing with these is to block PM's from this person,when really if the PM has been sent surely this should count as one offence  especially if they have been reported to you or one of the other moderators or admins.

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2007, 21:23:55 PM »
Yes the rules cover all posts and PM's on Purrs. With PM's we would not know about any that are against the rules unless reported to Mods or Admins as they are private between members.

Obviously on any forum where there are lots of memebers, not all are going to get on with each other at times. We all have different tastes and personalities and that is why there is a part of the rules asking for all members to be polite while getting your point across and hold adult discussions. If there are any posts or PM's that you feel are against the rules, please report them. If there is a member you do not want to receive PM's from , you can put them in your ignore list in your PM section of your profile to stop any PM from that member getting to you.

fuzziesdad

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2007, 20:28:36 PM »
excuse me for being a nuisance but does this also apply to PM's?

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2007, 18:05:44 PM »
hope you don't mind me asking this but do these rules and regs apply to moderators as well as us common folk?

In my opinion, as a moderator, they apply even more to me

xC
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2007, 15:13:08 PM »
Yes of course, the new rules and warning system are there for all of us.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 15:13:52 PM by Tan »

fuzziesdad

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2007, 14:12:10 PM »
hope you don't mind me asking this but do these rules and regs apply to moderators as well as us common folk?

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007, 21:33:31 PM »
This is the place to see the rules if you have never looked at them and if you have not read them I suggest everyone takes a read.

Thank you

« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 21:52:18 PM by Tan »

Offline Duncan and Findlay

• Adult Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 13:21:33 PM »
Has someone been naughty?  >:(
You don't choose a cat, the cat chooses you.

Offline Beccles

• Distinguished Cat
  • Daphne and Elettra born 18.06.06, Figaro 23.08.07
    • My weblog: Comprehension Dawns
Forum Etiquette: The Rules
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 17:50:22 PM »

It can be viewed here.
Spaying and neutering saves lives.
Nobody has a right to own a cat. It's a privilege.

Link to CatChat