Author Topic: New hoover  (Read 6108 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: New hoover
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2010, 19:21:34 PM »
Best price so far
http://www.vaccessories.co.uk/miele-gn-bags-genuine-p-7.html as you say its hard work filtering through the fakes  :tired:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2010, 19:59:27 PM »
just need to find the best price on bags  :tired:

Not a lot in it price-wise - trust me, I looked  :evillaugh:

Be careful as there are a lot of fake ones around - especially on eBay. They sometimes says something like "Fits Miele" or "Miele type" - don't be fooled, the real ones have an 9 stage filtration so make a big difference. They don't tear like the cheap paper ones either. I just get mine in Debenhams now for about £8 for 4 (each bag seems to last around 2 - 3 months) you also get a motor filter in each pack.

ETA - I just checked and they are £9 in Debenhams now, £12 in Argos - you can get them for £8.99 direct from Miele freepost as well. There are a few kinds - I assume your takes the Hyclean G/N ones?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 20:09:21 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2010, 19:12:29 PM »
Finally managed to get my mum to get a new hoover, our Vax is sooo loud i use earplugs!
We got the miele pet turbo 5000, it was here for £175 but we must have got the last one as its not there now  :shify: http://www.coopelectricalshop.co.uk/products/productList.asp?qtype=2&brandCode=MIELE&priceLow=&priceHigh=&topGroupCode=VAC&groupCode=VCCYL
Ordered just before 5pm yesterday and it arrived this afternoon, free delivery  :wow:

Anyway, its very good and much quieter than the other uprights we have had incl a dyson, thumbs up here, just need to find the best price on bags  :tired:

Offline Shiroi-Neko

• Distinguished Cat
  • Ai-Chan & Tora
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2010, 09:49:25 AM »
I am happy with my Dyson Dc11. Any way it Dont worry a single hair of Ai Chan ;) ( for any body who don't know about my baby she is a Deaf Cat)

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2010, 09:34:25 AM »
I can't remember how much quieter - there are some videos on youtube but nothing with a direct comparison. I just saw a brand called Nilfisk and they are virtually silent  :Crazy: the model was HDS 2000 - they are designed to be used in hotels etc.

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Rosiecat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2010, 09:25:45 AM »
Mark, how much quieter is the Miele than a Dyson please?  Four out of my five indoor cats are long haired - lots of vacuuming  :evillaugh: - and my Dyson seems to be getting noisier by the day!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2010, 18:36:22 PM »
One issue I have is the quiet setting is barely quieter than the regular  :Crazy: - still much quieter than my old Dyson though  :evillaugh:

Offline catwomyn

• Kitten
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2010, 16:46:55 PM »
another vote for the Miele Cat & Dog.

I love it, I really do. The cats hate it though!

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2010, 14:51:57 PM »
If the Dyson Animal is not picking up animal hair I'd be inclined to return it!  ;)
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline Rosiecat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2010, 14:09:23 PM »
Oooohhh this is a topic close to my heart - I HATE Dysons with a passion  >:( >:( have had two, currently have the Animal but don't feel their adverts are entirely correct shall we say!!!

I have hard floors downstairs and a sort of mid chocolate coloured berber up the stairs and in two of the bedrooms (chosen to disguise fluff and works brilliantly).   My elder son's carpet is navy blue and of my three Persians the biggest and hairiest  is usually found in there - flat out, legs in the air  :evillaugh:

Would a Miele Cat and Dog remove white/blue/ginger/black Persian fuzz from a dark blue carpet do you think?   (Currently do it on  hands and knees with lots of muttering!!!)

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2010, 22:31:55 PM »
I'll stick with my Dyson dc20 thanks!  :snooty: :heeee heeee:

Offline Miss Kitty

• Adult Cat
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2010, 22:02:48 PM »
Have you seen the iRobot Roomba hoover?  A real favourite with kitties everywhere...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ-jv8g1YVI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewdbilSWjaM&NR=1

;D ;D ;D

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2010, 17:06:21 PM »
I got the HEPA version as it came with a hard-floor attachment but only realised afterwards that you can buy any attachments you need anyway  :Crazy: - there are a few extras on the top-of-the-range such as a motorised turbo brush - I would have got a matt red one  :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 22:43:33 PM by Mark »

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2010, 16:23:45 PM »
I've got the Miele Cat and Dog one and it is fantastic and it picks up all hair from our very deep pile carpet (and when they are losing all their winter coat they seem to trample it right into the carpet! :tired:) and it also comes with a separate head for hard floors and several attachments!!  ;D I am v possessive of my precious hoover  :evillaugh:

Ahhh ha!! Mucho thanks! Sounds like the Miele Cat and Dog is the best choice, so we should stick with that one. It's just so hard knowing which one to get, as you never know if it does what you need until after it's been bought.

Boopy is black and long haired so similar to what I'm dealing with in regards to Molly. So the Miele should be fine here  :wow:

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline Lottie (Team Svartalfheim's)

• Distinguished Cat
  • GB* Svartalfheim's Sunset Boulevard
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest cats
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2010, 16:15:48 PM »
I've got the Miele Cat and Dog one and it is fantastic and it picks up all hair from our very deep pile carpet (and when they are losing all their winter coat they seem to trample it right into the carpet! :tired:) and it also comes with a separate head for hard floors and several attachments!!  ;D I am v possessive of my precious hoover  :evillaugh:
Feel free to visit the Team at www.svartalfheim.co.uk

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2010, 16:09:33 PM »
I recently got a cylinder Dyson (£100 Asda offer ;D ) and I do find it a bit 'clunky' tho it does pick up well. I don't mind the bagless thing as my last vacuum was a reusable bag which I got filthy emptying.  >:( If you have a Dyson don't forget they have a five year warranty, then after that you can pay £70 to get a full service, apparently this includes all parts! I have only heard good reports about the servicing and they seem to be quite generous with new parts, some people have virtually had a new Dyson.

I can vouch for that, I always get insurance and have had lots and lots of new parts previously though none for a while, there's never been a problem and well worth it.  However, I think I'm going off Dyson's,  I've just been hoovering and it doesn't seem to be picking up it was like it the other week and we cleaned it all out but it's doing the same thing again.  Sometimes it just seems to nudge bits and I've had to go round picking bits of litter up again will have to have another look at something's not right  :tired:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2010, 15:56:25 PM »
I can honestly say I've never used a hoover like my new one, its almost effortless in picking up, I also love all the attachments I've used them all.

I lvoe the fact its bagless, its so easy to empty, much easier than my handheld one.

I think I actually do love it  :rofl:

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2010, 15:42:25 PM »
It could be the type of carpet. When I had the flat carpeted I had no money so it was the cheapest I could get. Its really good at not staining or pulling but doesnt have a deep pile and somehow cat hair seems to weave into it. I used the turbo brush on the miele on the highest setting and it still didnt clear it. The dyson does but omg its loud!!
love
Tab

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2010, 14:36:32 PM »
I recently got a cylinder Dyson (£100 Asda offer ;D ) and I do find it a bit 'clunky' tho it does pick up well. I don't mind the bagless thing as my last vacuum was a reusable bag which I got filthy emptying.  >:( If you have a Dyson don't forget they have a five year warranty, then after that you can pay £70 to get a full service, apparently this includes all parts! I have only heard good reports about the servicing and they seem to be quite generous with new parts, some people have virtually had a new Dyson.
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2010, 14:31:50 PM »
I never need to - the mini turbo brush is excellent.

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2010, 14:29:42 PM »
Well we've always been a bag household .. I would probably continue that tradition on my own, nothing wrong with a bag. Heard too many things about Dysons to consider them .. have heard they break really easily and I'm not exactly gentle with things  :scared:

Buuuuuuuuut it's the getting on hands and knees brushing up the hair which I want to get rid of. It takes hours! Just want something which vacuums up hair on carpet. With the carpet we have the hair lies on top, so it shouldn't be too much to ask of a vacuum. The current Morphy Richards pet vac is about 3 years old and it's been struggling for the past 2 years  :-:

Have to say Tab, you are the first person who has said about getting on hands and knees with a Miele .. no one ever admits that in their reviews  :(

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2010, 14:01:07 PM »
Where as I have a miele and recently gained a dyson animal and I much prefer the dyson. It doesnt cause me so much pain and it actually picks up cat hair from my carpet where before I had to get on the floor with a rubber brush thing to get the hair off.
love
Tab

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 13:52:20 PM »
I love my Miele - they are German made unlike most things (made in the Far East) and very solid. I jammed the metal pipe (my fault as I jammed it in the cupboard) I phoned them and they sent a new one out, no questions. I know a lot of people think bagless is great but I think they are messy & smelly + you have to wash filters etc. A box of 4 bags from Miele costs about £8 but lasts a year as the dirt gets compacted in the bag + there is a little flap so you never see the dirt. The bags themselves are made of a special material that acts as a filter. I really can't fault Miele.

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 13:20:17 PM »
Ahhhh, now which one is best .. the Samsung or the Miele  :scared: At the moment we are saving up the Nectar points from Sainsburys and going to change them into Argos vouchers and get the Miele. Think we have about £100 worth at the moment :innocent:

But if the Samsung is that good, it makes me wonder which one is better  :scared: I've got a big black hair on cream carpet problem  :scared: I'm sooooooooo never having carpet in my own place.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 13:07:29 PM »
IT looks pretty powerful  :Crazy:

There is a Miele HEPA - that is the one I have. I love it  :) http://www.johnlewis.com/230402971/Product.aspx?source=14798 I would never go back to bagless as the bags compact the dust and only need changing every 2 or 3 months (they weigh a ton when full  :sick: )

I think we paid about £180 for ours.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 13:08:55 PM by Mark »

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
New hoover
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 10:16:12 AM »
After much dilerbration we finally bit the bullet and brought a new hoover at the weekend.

We went for this one
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/0884642/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CKitchen+and+laundry%7C14418476/c_2/3%7Ccat_15701316%7CVacuum+cleaners%7C14418639.htm

And honestly its amazing, I love it  :shocked:

It picks up every scrap of cat hair  :wow: even without too much effort.

I had my heart set on a Miele but I don't think it had a Hepa filter which was another requirement, the Miele was also heavier.

Link to CatChat