Author Topic: People who work with Ferals or general Cat rescue ?  (Read 6051 times)

Offline Littlebobo

• Hero Cat
  • Yumi, Moggchops, Mister and Chalky !!!
Re: People who work with Ferals or general Cat rescue ?
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2007, 23:01:00 PM »
Yep have me tetanus jab right up to date and have it all wrapped up i look like a right mess at the moment with my hand in a bandage and also have a black eye from where i feel over on Monday last week lol..Never realised a cat could actually sink its teeth in so hard !
Fuss me Fuss me ..Come on I have things to do like Eating and sleeping !

Offline Littlebobo

• Hero Cat
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2007, 22:58:05 PM »
You dont think he will hurt the kittens do you ?..they are still quite young i think must  be about 4/5 weeks old although i am not sure ..

Have to admit i am pretty scared about catching this other cat will be getting the gauntlets out me thinks ;) ...

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2007, 22:57:21 PM »
Littlebobo, I meant to ask are you covered by Tetanus?  Cat bites can be very nasty and ideally you need a high dose antibiotic.......make sure you keep an eye on any wounds.  Well done for helping these babes out  :hug:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2007, 22:44:21 PM »
It does sound as if he's protecting the mum and kittens, some cats will do this.  I deffo think he needs to be caught and neutered, it doesn't sound as if he's been done by the way he's acting.  How old are the kittens?  Are they old enough to be taken away from mum or are they still very young?  If they are old enough to be taken away, as this other cat obviously cares about the mum cat, it may be worth releasing them together when they have both been spayed and neutered.

Offline Littlebobo

• Hero Cat
People who work with Ferals or general Cat rescue ?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 22:33:24 PM »
Can you help I have recently been trying to help catch a Mother cat and her three little kittens ..I was given a trap by local cat rescue and have also been given some help by vets but the cat in question has another cat who i think is trying to protect her if that makes sense ..anyway earlier today i was trying to trap one of the kittens ( they all look fine by the way) and this bigger cat litterally pounced on me and has taken a chunk out of my hand ( i'm now on anti biotics ) This cat has apparently attacked several other cats and seems to run the joint ...Do you think that this other cat just needs neutering or is there something more sinister I have also decided that i will try and trap him instead of the mum and kittens for now ( i only have one trap) but will try and get both sets to the vets ASAP do you think that this is the right thing to do ?

Sorry for all the questions just a bit worried ..

Lisa ( missing one rather large chunk of her hand lol )

Link to CatChat