Author Topic: This is going to sound silly...  (Read 6105 times)

Offline hOrZa

• Honorary Cat
Re: This is going to sound silly...
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2009, 22:54:49 PM »
mine just have trouble trying to turn the corners at speed, always good for a laugh :evillaugh:
Cats are like little bundles of razor blades wrapped in soft fur.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2009, 22:51:13 PM »
Laminate floor and wet paws is one reason why I love my cats, its hard not to laugh when a fat bambi flies into the house!

I want laminate! I'm often tempted to take them round my sisters and let them have a spin on her floor  :naughty:

My cats have had some fun of late, put em in a box and they slide for ages!  :evillaugh:

Offline nutzy

• Adult Cat
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2009, 18:15:57 PM »
I bet I'm  not the only one who has to go and check on them if I wake up in the middle of the night

and if I can't find one I put on the lights and a dressing gown and hunt properly - and it isn't as if they are not all in the house or enclosure, so I don't know what I think might be wrong -  but I just have to be sure

Rajah always comes and sits on my lap when I get up to go to the loo in the night.  If he doesn't, I have to go and see if he's ok. 
Pam

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2009, 15:19:18 PM »
Laminate is immensely good fun, I miss having it!

Being at home a lot due to my ongoing unemployed status, I find myself going to find and check on the babies if I haven't seen them for a while. They can't go anywhere other than the flat but I just have to check.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2009, 15:09:53 PM »
Laminate floor and wet paws is one reason why I love my cats, its hard not to laugh when a fat bambi flies into the house!

I want laminate! I'm often tempted to take them round my sisters and let them have a spin on her floor  :naughty:

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2009, 15:05:37 PM »
I bet I'm  not the only one who has to go and check on them if I wake up in the middle of the night

and if I can't find one I put on the lights and a dressing gown and hunt properly - and it isn't as if they are not all in the house or enclosure, so I don't know what I think might be wrong -  but I just have to be sure
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Manc Cat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2009, 14:53:17 PM »

I often look at bazza and just think, your ace mate. I look at Ronnie and think, why did we get him lol

Both cats like to push it, every morning they scratch the door and not even flying slippers scare them anymore!!

My mates think its a bit weird but they do things that I cant explain, maybe It time to start a rpoper family ha ha

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2009, 23:05:01 PM »
Seeing Scottishcatlover's thread reminded me of the number of times I have kissed paws better  :shy:

Nothing at all wrong with Freddie's paws but I was kissing them for about a minute 20 mins ago.  Noni woke me up this am and I told her she was the most gorgeous creature that ever lived and let her dribble on me for 10 mins.  I tell Ruby a simailar tail all the time; last time around 2pm today and Millie had to listen to same story about 7pm tonight as she lay across me being a gorgeous babe. 

I haven't told Dinah and Billy that today  :-: .....but they know  :) :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2009, 21:47:51 PM »
They are my babies , I adore them. :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline Catz

• Adult Cat
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2009, 21:37:01 PM »
I have to say goodnight to each and everyone of my cats before I go to bed, even go hunting the house for them for me to do so. Does anyone else do that  :Luv2:

I'm the same. If Magnum doesn't come in on a night I get worried about him and can't sleep.

Offline puggy1975 Zoe

• Hero Cat
  • Tyler and Ollie
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2009, 20:29:09 PM »
I think that every day and everyday before i go to work. Ollie and TYler are my babies and love them so much. They are my world
Zoe, Ollie and Tyler

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2009, 19:42:16 PM »
Seeing Scottishcatlover's thread reminded me of the number of times I have kissed paws better  :shy:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline woodlandcats

• Hero Cat
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2009, 19:13:12 PM »
O I know the feeling way too much.
As just now, I have a baby guinnea piggy that I'm cuddling, not yet 3 weeks old, but I'd fight dragons for her!!
My dogs, my cats, my buns, my piggies, I love them more than I would ever love a human being except for my kids that is.
Every life should have 9 cats

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
  • Mr T and Chloe - We will meet again at the Bridge
  • Slave to: Celyn and Olwyn
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2009, 19:07:16 PM »
Where I used to live, I had an answer phone that I could access from elsewhere, to pick up messages.  When I did so, the thing would play out into the room.

When my cat Tabitha was sick, I still had to go to work  :(  I wouldnt have been able to afford the vet biils (and general biils) if I hadnt .  Didnt work from home in those days

So ....  I made a special message on the answer phone (people must have thought I was mad when they phoned me  :-[ ) and I would access messages so that Tabby could hear my voice telling her I loved her.

I used to nip into the loo at work with my mobile!!

How "daft" is that ?  :shy:
People Power Works!!!

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2009, 17:51:08 PM »
Memph comes to bed when I do, so don't have to go hunting. I always say night, night and good morning. In fact I'm always talking to him  :evillaugh: he has a Christmas present and I get a card from all the fluffs  :evillaugh:

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2009, 17:39:42 PM »
even go hunting the house for them for me to do so. Does anyone else do that  :Luv2:

Yep, have to make sure they're in and safe even though we have a cat flap and they are possibly going to go out anyway. :shy:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2009, 15:52:57 PM »
It is overwhelming. Even the idea of leaving them for one night fills me with dread. I think about them when I am at college and even have to keep my driving in check so as not to speed on the way back. The funny thing is, I expect them to be the same but 9/10 they are fast asleep  :evillaugh:

Same here - but the boys wake up when they here the door, and Zubin is so pleased to see me - he rolls round wanting for a tummy hug - then he goes out for a wee  :)

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2009, 15:51:47 PM »
Big hug to Carol  :hug:

But yes, I know exactly what you mean and I don't think a day goes by when I don't gaze at them and marvel at what wonderful boys they are and how I'm so lucky  :)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2009, 15:42:21 PM »
It is overwhelming. Even the idea of leaving them for one night fills me with dread. I think about them when I am at college and even have to keep my driving in check so as not to speed on the way back. The funny thing is, I expect them to be the same but 9/10 they are fast asleep  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2009, 15:23:52 PM »
I find it quite hard to show my feelings, to my cats though it simply flows.....I am pulsating with love for them all, each and everyone has a special place in me.....One that goes all fuzzy when I think of them!  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :hug:

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2009, 15:19:52 PM »
I have to say goodnight to each and everyone of my cats before I go to bed, even go hunting the house for them for me to do so. Does anyone else do that  :Luv2:
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2009, 15:10:37 PM »
... but do you ever look at your cats and just think "I love you SO much"????

Short answer, yes....don't care if it's silly they're part of my family. ;)

I would think it silly if they wasn't part of the family. They are my babies, Yes I buy them Christmas prezzies, wrap them and thye go under the tree. they even have a Christmas card each, birthday cards and even a cake. OK Mummy & Daddy eat the cake but they do have some of the cream  :Luv:.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2009, 15:06:08 PM »

Short answer, yes....don't care if it's silly they're part of my family. ;)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2009, 15:03:13 PM »
All the time - I love them more than anything and I tell them every day as I leave for work.   :Luv:

Offline koscha (Ruth M)

• Hero Cat
  • Meowmy to Kelirehenna, Rincewind & Zeratul
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2009, 15:00:21 PM »
Yep...I do this too

It tends to be different for each of the boys as Z's not a cuddle boy unless on his own terms, so he gets a bear hug and a whacking great sloppy kiss, then back down.

RW however, gets picked up onto my lap, then we have a little ritual...it goes along the lines of 'Ooooo's my hairy bear, I could just eat you with a little spoon...nom nom nom' Then the bear hug and kiss! His face usually reads as such-  :tired:

Guess what i'm going to do when I finally get back to Essex...Royal mail had better deliver this parcel tomorrow. They've already cost me two days with my boys thanks to thier p**s poor service!  >:(

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2009, 14:52:36 PM »
This thread makes me so sad.  Ssince Korky went to the bridge in October our house is now cat-less for the first time in over 35 years. We plan to travel a lot next year so it wouldn't be fair to get another one yet but I am sooooooooooooooo missing feline company.  Nothing even gets close to having your furbaby wake you in the morning for a cuddle (or a feed) - even if it is way too early! 

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2009, 14:42:51 PM »
Yes, i am the same - i love them all more than anything or anybody -only trouble is your heart gets broken when anything happens -each one takes a little bit of it with them when they go to the bridge .

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2009, 14:25:26 PM »
Yup, I can totally go along with this  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2009, 14:11:19 PM »
Always.

But the only reason I have a cat and now like cats is because of this one. There is something about him which made me fall head over heels in love with him. I love the little man to death.

Every day I grab him and give him the biggest, squishiest hug and a ginormous kiss on the head ... Whether he likes it or not  :evillaugh:

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2009, 13:46:05 PM »
ALL the time! Mostly when Dave is asleep and I can forget about his naughtiness for a while :evillaugh: But yes, I do get overwhelming moments where Ijust can't fathom how much I love my little critters. They are gorgeous, I don't know what I'd do without them and am actually not looking forward to having to share their affections with my brother when he moves in.

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2009, 13:41:39 PM »
Oh yes I do it all the time. Especially with Mogs as Im surprised and pleased she's still here but very aware of her age.
Amber gets picked up and cuddled to be told. Mogs only gets picked up and cuddled if Ive had a drink then the pain of the claws doesnt hurt tooo much
love
Tab

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 13:37:25 PM »
Not silly at all  :hug:

I love early mornings waking up with most of my cats on the bed and they come one by one to have a snuggle  :Luv2:
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 13:11:25 PM »
Oh yes!!
Please spay your cat

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
This is going to sound silly...
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 12:59:38 PM »

I was just looking at Katie who's watching over what I type and she really is just so beautiful  :Luv2:

They can drive us up the wall and yet there's just something about our furbabes aren't there? They really are magical  :Luv2:

I know I can say it on his forum and people won't think i'm completely loopy!!!!
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Link to CatChat