Author Topic: Applaws pouches  (Read 6305 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Applaws pouches
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2010, 18:55:24 PM »

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2010, 19:17:32 PM »
Saw the applaws pouches in Jolleyes yesterday.  Bought Jaffa a chicken and asparagus one.  He ate it all, but asparagus???  :shify:  Odd meals for both of them yesterday as Mosi had Schessir chicken and apple dinner  ;D

Asparagus and apple  :Crazy: mine quite like the pumpkin tins  :shify:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2010, 11:06:08 AM »
Saw the applaws pouches in Jolleyes yesterday.  Bought Jaffa a chicken and asparagus one.  He ate it all, but asparagus???  :shify:  Odd meals for both of them yesterday as Mosi had Schessir chicken and apple dinner  ;D

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2009, 10:05:35 AM »
My local pet shop told me they would be doing a cat version when the dog one was brought out, but that must be well over a year ago. Might write to JWB and ask them
Please spay your cat

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2009, 19:41:34 PM »
I am still waiting for the JWB wet food.
Do you know if James Wellbeloved are planning on doing pouches or tins? I'd love it if they did, because I think they really are one of the best cat foods on the market. I'm sure if they did wet food as well as dry, then plenty of people would buy them.

The JWB dog wet is in pouches, what annoys me is that whatever company they always seem to go for dog versions first and then its ages and ages before the cat ones are developed, how long ago did naturediet announce it was bringing out a cat product, must be a couple of years, im still waiting....  :waiting:

Offline harlequin

• Senior Cat
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2009, 14:13:14 PM »
I am still waiting for the JWB wet food.
Do you know if James Wellbeloved are planning on doing pouches or tins? I'd love it if they did, because I think they really are one of the best cat foods on the market. I'm sure if they did wet food as well as dry, then plenty of people would buy them.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2009, 10:10:20 AM »
The burns food I was given was fishy, but what a weird texture - didn't go down well with the girls. I am still waiting for the JWB wet food.
Please spay your cat

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2009, 08:37:11 AM »
None of applaws or almo nature are complete foods, despite what the manufacturers may try to tell us  ;)

The Applaws Kitten tins are complete

Ah right - I think the kitten varieties of both applaws and almo nature may be complete.  But almo nature are claiming their adult cans are complete and they're not, so I am wary of believing them.

Offline Lottie (Team Svartalfheim's)

• Distinguished Cat
  • GB* Svartalfheim's Sunset Boulevard
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest cats
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2009, 22:10:12 PM »
None of applaws or almo nature are complete foods, despite what the manufacturers may try to tell us  ;)

The Applaws Kitten tins are complete
Feel free to visit the Team at www.svartalfheim.co.uk

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2009, 10:40:05 AM »
It worries me a bit that there are so many complementary foods around these days.  It's fine as long as people are aware that they are complementary  and shouldn't make up a large proportioin of the diet, but with so many around it's easy for people not realise that they've picked up something that is not complete.  Almo nature annoy me too as they say it is complete but then go on to say that it should be fed alongside their dry!  Their leaflet even ponts out that the dry is for nutrition and the wet is for the moisture levels.  Rather contradictory!

I agree, more and more people like to think they are feeding natural healthy diets to their cats but may not read the small print, at one time cat food was complete and that was that.

The only burns pouches i saw were fish so i didnt bother, id rather buy human grade fish much cheaper, do they have meaty ones now?

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2009, 08:34:53 AM »
It worries me a bit that there are so many complementary foods around these days.  It's fine as long as people are aware that they are complementary  and shouldn't make up a large proportioin of the diet, but with so many around it's easy for people not realise that they've picked up something that is not complete.  Almo nature annoy me too as they say it is complete but then go on to say that it should be fed alongside their dry!  Their leaflet even ponts out that the dry is for nutrition and the wet is for the moisture levels.  Rather contradictory!

I have seen Burns pouches before but they are very expensive.  When I saw them they were over £10 for a box of 12 pouches.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2009, 12:39:39 PM »
Never seen them - was given a Burns pouch yesterday, didn't know they did wet food either (although another complimentary food!!)
Please spay your cat

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 13:24:14 PM »
Didn't know they had brought out pouches.  Not seen them anywhere.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 12:31:29 PM »
All pouches complementary like the tins.
My lot have never gone for cat food tuna, or the sardine ones like hi life make  :sick: it seems to smell more than humangrade fish. Apart from Gooey they dont really like fish prawns etc  :shify:

I have discovered lola likes raw fish after she came home with a big goldfish and was planning on  munching it in the kitchen, she had to settle for licking the juices up, was a battle - me with the trigene and lola going noooo let me eat it  :sick:

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 12:13:30 PM »
I just bought a load of Feline Fayre in the large 400g tins for Noah as it's down to 49p in Asda. :wow: 70% kitty crack tuna, obviously it's not complete but good for a treat. Are the non-tuna Applaws pouches complete? I know their small tins are not.
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Applaws pouches
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 11:49:20 AM »
Anybody tried them yet? (or know of a free sample  ;) )

Flavours as follows:
Chicken & Ostrich
Tuna & Seabream
Tuna & Black Tiger Prawn
Chicken & Asparagus
Chicken & Pumpkin
Tuna & Anchovy
Chicken & Wild Black Rice

I never see the point of buying the tuna ones  :-: its not complete so they might as well have normal  john west tuna, get more for your money

Link to CatChat