Author Topic: How do your babies wake you up?  (Read 5878 times)

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
Re: How do your babies wake you up?
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2009, 07:40:57 AM »
Charlie stands on his back legs at the side of the bed and starts trying to box me

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2009, 19:45:45 PM »
and he STILL managed to poke a paw through to claw me!!)

Isn't it amazing how when you want them to get under covers they suddenly pretend they have no idea but when you don't they find amazing ways? Lexy is exactly the same!

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2009, 19:32:56 PM »
Capone starts his wake-the-hooman-up routine about 2 hours after I've gone to bed. So usually wake up at 2am with a white paw in my face and quickly have to remove it before the claws dig in (got a punctured eye lid the other morning - very painful!  :tired: ) He then wants to cuddle and get pats - if I ignore him he'll continue the clawing in my face. I'm always super-tired stroking him and he purrs so loudly I would feel mean to stop. This goes on every 2 hours until about 5am, when he's awake walking over my head and clawing any flesh in sight (face/arm/feet/leg) I then have to get up to rattle his foodbowl - he'll run in between my legs all the way to the kitchen and stops to roll around on the floor about 3 times on the way. It is extremely difficult not to trod on him when it's A. completely dark and B. I'm totally cod eyed! So I rattle his food bowl, he eats and then back to bed. Until about 7am when he wants more cuddles.

I work within the makeup & beauty sector at the moment and keep having to explain my scratches in the face!

I am very sleep deprived, but I love him so much I let him get away with it. (this morning I literally had to hide under the duvet - and he STILL managed to poke a paw through to claw me!!)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2009, 14:18:16 PM »
Our wake up routine starts sometime in the early morning with the two of them screaming round the flat playing and chasing each other. This of course has to involve covering every surface in order to knock stuff flying for maximum noisiness.

Then it all settles for a bit again while they sleep off their exertions. About 6.30am Dave then starts his feed me routine. Shoves his soggy nose in my face, nostrils, ears, licks my hands, all while purring madly. Then he'll wander off and find something to make noise with or try to rake in the kitchen bin. Then he comes back about two minutes later and does the whole routine on repeat till about 7.25 when he decides he'll settle for a cuddle. The I have to get up at 7.30am :tired:

Chilli on the other hand stays in her spot on the end of the bed until I have showered etc. In fact, she only gets up when food makes an appearance.

I miss them! :(

Offline Topsy Turvey

• Hero Cat
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2009, 14:02:01 PM »
Its great to see that I'm not the only one mistreated and beaten up on a regular basis!  My little whilte hooligan seems to be a little angel now  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2009, 13:56:11 PM »
Don't even get me started on this one!!! Wake me up? Capone doesn't even let me sleep in the first place!  :tired:
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Angeladeedah

• Senior Cat
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2009, 13:46:17 PM »
One of my little horrors babies starts trying to wake me up from 5am every morning - he paws my face, claws at my face, sits on my face and meows.    I've had so many scratches on my faces.  If I try to hide under the cover he will do everything possible to get underneath to get to me.  So basically, I'm awake from 5am every morning.

Ollie on the other hand, leaves me well alone - he lies at the bottom of the bed and sleeps until I say it's time to get up.  He's such a little angel in the morning. 

So, I'm sorry most of you are suffering as well but I'm glad to see it isn't just me with this problem.

Offline J (Indoorcatsuk)

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2009, 09:40:02 AM »
Mine don't actually wake me up, but about once a week I discover a big scratch mark across my, um, lady bumpers, where night time plodding by my second youngest has left it's mark.
A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere. Groucho Marx.

Offline psychopunk

• Adult Cat
  • pipsqueak & cuscus (not in the picture)
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2009, 21:46:51 PM »
Pipsquak is really good  :Luv: in the morning he comes, lies on my pillow and purrs really loudly. If that doesn't wake me up, he goes back to sleep. Cuscus on the other hand does everything: he looks at me very closely, meows, purrs, head buts, loudly scratches the bed and the carpet. OK, I give in and give him some biscuits. But that is just one part. The other is he wakes Pipsqueak as well (who would otherwise happily sleep until we wake up) and then they start to play fight and run around like maniacs in the middle of the night. If I put them out of the room, they are back in no time (Cuscus has learnt how to open the door). if I block the door, they both scratch the carpet outside the door until I can't stand it any more&open it  >:( Plus I'm a light sleeper and wake up at every noise :tired:

But I love to read how different our cats and their personalities are  :wow:

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Geoffrey and Milly
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2009, 16:42:27 PM »
My first wake up call is around 5.30 when Geoffrey gets off his duvet on the dressing table and gets onto/into bed for a cuddle.  He stays there until around 7am, when his tummy tells him it's breakfast time :hungey:  Then he prods me in the nose (claws out) :poke: and if I roll over, he then gets his paws (claws out) and pulls my hair  :waiting:   If I still ignore him he starts going miaowmiaowmiaowmiaowmiaowmiaow  :notlisten:  until I give up and get up and feed him.  :givein:

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2009, 16:03:31 PM »
Mine normally wake me up with a cup of tea in bed- indirectly of course, they have mithered OH so much that he got up , fed them then made the tea. :rofl:

Thats what happens in our house as well.  Korky has long since realised that whatever he does to me in the morning will only wake me for about a second and then I'm straight back to sleep.  OH on the other hand has to get up once he's awake.  If he ignores the head-walking, stomach-pounding and pathetic meaowing, Korky has discovered that scratching the carpet gets an instant response  :rofl:

Mind you, I suffer most from Korky during the night.  In theory he sleeps on the bed between us but in practice, although he starts out that way. he always ends up over my side and I have about a 2 inch space for my legs and feet.  I often have to get up to move him and if that wakes him he comes and lies on me and tickles my face with his whiskers.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2009, 15:45:23 PM »
The Clan Cats start with the head walking, then the annoy parents, then wake up siblings and get verbal, if that fails hit Minmin  - she yowls for no reason, failing that go down stairs and stick claws in to dogs noses causing them to bark which gets parents up
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2009, 12:56:43 PM »
Bunty stomps around my head talking constantly until I wake.
Elvis pads on my tummy.
Misha doesn't do anything and even when I get out of bed she continues to sleep.
Poppy is always up and about before we wake.
Freddy is usually just coming in from a night on the tiles.

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
  • Mr T and Chloe - We will meet again at the Bridge
  • Slave to: Celyn and Olwyn
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2009, 12:51:24 PM »
Chloe is extremely gentle - she pats your face and if that doesn't work, tries to lift your eyelid.  If I still resist, she puts her paw on my lips to make me talk to her :briggin:

Mr T plays "Meet Mr Bottom" :doh:

He sleeps under my arm all night, then when he want "up" starts to wriggle around.  He has discovered a wack across the bridge of my nose with his tail usually brings me to consciousness very fast!  I'm always ready to be annoyed, but when I see his cute little face and I get the Silent Miaow treatment, I give in and he gets cuddles  :Luv2: 

I'm totally under his paw  :evillaugh:
People Power Works!!!

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2009, 12:08:27 PM »
Lirael will walk across the headboard then jump (at full force) onto my pillow.

Gizmo will walk ontop of me purring his head off and licking my hands.

Smoke scratches at the bed covers or my face.

Penguin will go into the library and meow (it echos in there! When he lived with my mom he would go into the bathroom and stick his head in the toilet and do the same thing again because it echoed).

I rarely sleep past 7am.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2009, 11:26:22 AM »
A dive bomb. Or if that doesn't work, loud purring and scratching at the duvet, usually from a location on the bed that has the least amount of room for madam to plonk her bottom while she does. If that fails to work, then some more clawing at eyes, head, hair and arms. Sooner or later guess who wins? :sneaky:

Offline Topsy Turvey

• Hero Cat
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2009, 10:57:44 AM »
Making me chuckle.  At least I know I'm not the only one with an early morning wake up kitty  :rofl:

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2009, 10:17:35 AM »
The cats room is next to ours so Boopy bangs loudly on the wall if she thinks it's time I got up or if she or one of the others has been to the toilet and she wants me to clean the tray she picks the edge of the tray up and drops it down again and then bangs on the wall and repeats until I go in to scoop it (I regularly end up scooping in the middle of the night :tired:).
If the food bowl has been emptied overnight then throwing the stainless steel dish onto their laminate floor to make a big noise that frightens the life out of me is another favourite (as they all know I go rushing in to check they are ok, see the empty bowl and refill it for them) so I now make sure it's topped up before I go to bed.
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2009, 10:04:19 AM »
This is what happens in our house too Angie only whats odd is that puds mither me until OH gets up etc  :-:

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2009, 10:02:06 AM »
Mine normally wake me up with a cup of tea in bed- indirectly of course, they have mithered OH so much that he got up , fed them then made the tea. :rofl:

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2009, 09:57:17 AM »
This is the one thing I hate about having cats  :evillaugh: the wake up routine!!!

I am sure that Jess sends Milo in to wake us up as Jess is usually found waiting in the door way. Milo comes and headbutts us in the face, then licks nostrils. Failing that he'll purr in your ear. If that also fails he gets on the headboard and jumps onto my stomach, which usually works and I get up. This routine normall starts at around 4:30ish.

Should none of this work, Jess will get on the bed and sit on my chest and bring his face as close as he can and purr really loudly, the thing is I love it when he does that, I open my eyes and his so close I can feel his breath on my face.

At the weekends when they want their second lot of food they generally get in bed with us and play around until we've had enough and get up, last weekend I refused and Jess did settle down curled into me and purred his head off when I stopped stroking him he kept tapping my arm, I ignored him and he started biting my head  :shocked:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2009, 09:48:33 AM »
Well, Sage doesn't, bless her. The others aren't quite so controlled - Astryd climbs in bed and puts cold feet on me and beds down on whichever part of my body isn't covered by my PJs, Jack uses the drawer handles as small cat sized door knockers (even in my sleepy state I have to admire his ingenuity!) and Carrie just goes "Meaaaaaaaaaa" over and over again until I get up. (or words to that effect!) I don't think Parsley used to wake me up either, come to think of it. Tobes would gently pat me repeatedly on the head until I was awake and then look at me as if to say "Oh! You're awake!" :Luv:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2009, 09:41:40 AM »
Amber usually gets on the bed, walks up my body to my head and then sticks a foot in my face.
Mogs never used to wake me up in fact when I got ill she was always locked out of the bedroom and made such a fuss I started letting her in. I would wake to find her just sitting watching me sleep as though if she could see me she was happy.......things have changed since then though. Now she gets on the bed puts her face againat mine, whiskers up my nose and 'Wows' very loudly until I move  :rofl:
If I get up in the night, which I usually do needing to move because of pain I find that Amber shows me the way back to bed and then comes for a cuddle until I get sleepy again
love
Tab

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2009, 08:15:20 AM »
Beavis meows. Then he meows again. And again. Until I give in , get up and try to interpret what he wants. :tired: On a good night this is at 4am-ish. Last night it was at 2.30am , 3.30 and 4 am, at which point he was coaxed out of the bedroom and the door was shut behind him.

Gizzy goes for the scratching at the carpet metho , or if the door is closed he'll have a good go at that instead.

Jerry just purrs at us and goes back to sleep. :Luv2:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2009, 03:15:05 AM »
What's strange is that OH always gets up before me but I seem to be the one that gets most of the attention  :-:

I take it you prepare the brekkie!  :sneaky:

Mine are rather good and there are only 3 of them who actually jump on the bed whilst were in.....One must get under the covers for a cuddle and repays you with that "Thank you" drool!  :sick:

The other puds me (I swear she's a trainee accupuncturist!)  :tired:

Last but not least tiny Maisey.....well she is straight in for the kill with her claws annoyingly pin pricking your arms.... >:(
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 03:16:11 AM by Bazsmum »

Offline Kally

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Chiana and Salem
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2009, 00:14:15 AM »
when we first got riff he used to clean my face every morning and i had an eyebrow piercing at the time he would try to pull it out every morning i think in his mind it was a knot that he had to pull out
The world is a dark place because of negativity so lets brighten it up with some possitivity

Offline **TINA**

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: All of my 7 furkids :o)
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2009, 00:03:17 AM »
Rolo (my avitar baby) Is the one that wakes us up if we try to have a lie in. Stands all over us, whiska's in our face, padding the quilt & our flesh,
Squeeking, then he'll jump off the bed & back on & repeat it  :naughty:

Mick is up half hour earlier than me on a morning. Splitz stays in bed with me, Pod will come & see if i am awake, if i pretend to be asleep
i can assure you he will be on the bed, then stand on me (Pod aint no lightweight) I stroke him and off he jumps, runs down stairs & plays with Flora, then Rolo
joins them. Rolo will pelt up the stairs & seek me, and stand all over me, purring then uses his paw to touch my face, then will chew & pull at my hair.
Splitz is not amused at this LOL as she is 9 times out of 10 stretched on MY pillow  :innocent: She stays in bed, i have to carry her downstairs
so she can have some breakfast, od she would stay snuggled up for hours.

In our last house it was Rolo & Pod banging the kitchen cupboard doors, FOOD time  :tired:
They would do it here, but i can close this kitchen door.

Cats ... Pod, Rolo, Flora, Peaches & Ziggy
and
English Bull Terriers...  Lola & Tom

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2009, 23:31:02 PM »
My two never wake me up - they remain supine in front of the stove until I get up, whatever the hour. Mind you, if I stir during the night (and I am at an age when I nearly always do :-[) I can expect a visitor, or two

you lot just don't have yours trained properly  :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 23:33:29 PM by trigger »
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2009, 23:27:05 PM »
Vocally.

if that doesn't work they go for paws and claws. 

Jaffa used to be a good boy but he's now taken to being the one waking me up first.  Since he sprayed a couple of times in the bedroom, I'm too scared to ignore him so tend to bundle the pair of them out the back if there's still time for some more sleep.  A treat each and shut the door on them.  They do actually tend to go quiet then and wait for me to get up.  Mosi used to be a monster but he is much better in the mornings now.  Still does the wall of death at bedtime though  :shify:

Offline 2d

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2009, 23:09:54 PM »
George doesn't.

He gets fed by hub before I get up, then comes and lies patiently on the bottom of the bed till i get up.

Magnus doesn't get to go out till I get up, so he wakes me up.  He meows and wlks over me.  He bats me in the face with his paw (fortunately without claws), he generally walks over the bed meowing, and then if I'm not up, he jumps onto my stomach from the top of the 8 foot wardrobe...    :shocked:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2009, 23:06:37 PM »
What's strange is that OH always gets up before me but I seem to be the one that gets most of the attention  :-:

Dinah eats hair.  Noni lies on her back on my chest stretching out towards my face and I get a swipe. Freddie jumps up and squeeks loudly directly in my face and then curls up trying to smother me. Billy jumps up and chirrups lying on his back for tummy rub. Millie burrows underneath duvet and uses her tiny needle claws to move towards feet.

Thankfully not all at once  :evillaugh:

Ruby baby honeybun leaves it to her sister to get things moving .....

Offline Purrlishious

• Distinguished Cat
  • Poppy Ruby Dolly
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2009, 22:58:43 PM »
Usually by using me as a human springboard..boing boing... not good when you have a full bladder!

Or, I am so trapped by at least five wedging me unmovable that I have to slide upwards out of my pyjama bottoms leaving them in tacked under the duvet.

What fun! I hope they appreciate us.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2009, 22:46:04 PM »
Smartie jumps on the bed and cuddles into my shoulder and headbuts me very gently and then goes to sleep , so i cant get up till he does  :rofl:
If Winston  wants you to get up he walksround the house making loud high pitched meows - mostly the others dont bother and just stay asleep .

Offline Topsy Turvey

• Hero Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 22:34:32 PM »
My sister stayed with us a couple of weeks ago and Skye ended up sleeping in with her.  She loves cats and said it was lovely till she bit her nose at 6.00am  :rofl: :rofl:

I told her she was lucky, that she didn't get the full routine like me and hubby do!!!  She closed the door the second night she was here  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 22:29:39 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: complete and utter lunacy ... but I wouldn't have it any other way.  I love my small furry "elephant"  ... even at 5:00 am  :Luv2:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Topsy Turvey

• Hero Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 22:15:30 PM »
Its madness isn't it Sam :rofl: :rofl:

Summer and Smartie snooze until we get up no bother.  Its just the pesky little white hooligan that does it :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 22:11:51 PM »
On the very rare occasion Rossi wakes me up she will sit on the pillow and scratch at the corner of the duvet (as if she is covering up something in the litter tray).

Foxy NEVER wakes me up .... she will happily stay in bed all day if I stay there.  She only gets up when I get up and turn the shower on.  She will not move until the shower is running.

Zephyr is my alarm clock ... he wakes me up every morning ... I am usually woken by him jumping out of the airing cupboard (where he sleeps) at about 5:00 am.  If I don't react to the thump of him landing on the floor (he sounds more like an elephant than a cat) - he will jump on the bed and land with all four feet down so the bed rocks, he then marches across the duvet and tramples on me .... if I am foolish enough to ignore all this activity he will then Purr like a tractor and walk over the pillow making sure he stands on my head a couple of times.  If this still doesn't make me leap into action he will continue to purr and either stick his nose / whiskers in my ear or lick my eyelids ... this always does the trick and I immediately sit up.  I then walk down stairs and Zephyr rushes down in front of me .... Zephyr goes through the door at the bottom ... I shut the door and go back to bed!  :rofl:

I then get up when my alarm goes off at 7:30 go downstairs and wake Zephyr up who is usually asleep on the sofa  :Crazy:

Cats ... gotta love em!
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Topsy Turvey

• Hero Cat
How do your babies wake you up?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 21:57:55 PM »
With Skye she plods around the bed standing all over us doing the loudest purrs in the world.  If that doesn't make me or hubby open our eyes then she will choose her victim and tickle them with her whiskas.  Then she proceeds to bite either our eyebrows or nose!   Needless to say, that gets us moving!  :Crazy:

How do your little darlings say good morning?  :Luv2: :Luv2:

Link to CatChat