Author Topic: Time to go  (Read 6346 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Time to go
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2009, 16:56:53 PM »
No news is good news Carol - I will call the transport company tomorrow just to check, but I am sure they would be in touch if there were problems. I will be there myself in less than a week, and they are unlikely to starve themselves in that short a space of time, even if they do dig their heels in and refuse to cooperate. I fly in via Sydney and have 6 hours there so can go out to the Quarantine station if necessary. But won't if it's not as I don't hold with visiting animals then walking off and leaving them once more - I visit once, and that is to take them home .... ;D

I think I would be the same it would be so hard on both sides,  keep thinking ahead BC  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2009, 16:40:23 PM »
 :hug:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2009, 16:37:17 PM »
No news is good news Carol - I will call the transport company tomorrow just to check, but I am sure they would be in touch if there were problems. I will be there myself in less than a week, and they are unlikely to starve themselves in that short a space of time, even if they do dig their heels in and refuse to cooperate. I fly in via Sydney and have 6 hours there so can go out to the Quarantine station if necessary. But won't if it's not as I don't hold with visiting animals then walking off and leaving them once more - I visit once, and that is to take them home .... ;D

Offline ems

• Super Cat
  • My two gorgeous girls, Nina (white) and Kiki
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2009, 16:22:09 PM »
Aw BC  :hug: Sending lots of these for you  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2009, 15:03:59 PM »
Do you know whether they have arrived and settled in or do you have to assume that no news is good news?

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2009, 22:58:45 PM »
The time will soon fly by and then you will all be reunited and can start that new life as a family again :Luv: and im sure everything will be just fine till then,and just so you dont get lonely :: :grouphug: :
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 22:59:13 PM by bonnielass »
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2009, 22:48:35 PM »
I logged on at lunchtime and had to quickly log back out again as got upset for you and your 4 legged pals BC. Couldn't start blubbing as not in my own office :-[.  Hope they have a smooth uneventful journey and settle into their temporary home quickly and that you get news of their safe arrival as soon as poss.   :hug: Glad to hear that you are feeling more appreciated. Better late than never.

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2009, 22:33:30 PM »
Must seem strange without them  :hug: - but won't be long before you are all together again  ;D

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2009, 20:28:19 PM »
 :hug:  I'm sure they will be fine.  It's always hard sending them off to a cattery etc. but you will be reunited soon and they will love it over there!

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2009, 20:08:00 PM »
Well, I just got home, thank you for all your kind thoughts. I'm sure you're right, but at the moment I am sitting here looking at Shadow's ball that he had to leave behind and wondering how they are getting on in the temporary residence. To answer your comments:
Leigh: once I get on line I will be back - you don't get rid of me that easily
Indy's Mum = yes it will be more than a bit squeezy in the caravan while they are banned from going outside
Carol - I am not sure what diseases - he has been tested for a list of things on his bloods but the only one i can remember is leptospirosis. But because Australia is an island, and Tasmania is a rather smaller island, they are fussy about what can come into the country as we are free of a lot of things that are common over here (weird since so much of our stock originated here, but there you go).

It is very quiet here - I almost wish the neighbours would start making a racket .... :(

Had to stay in town for obligatory coffee with a former boss (I have so many bosses, current and ex). It was nice to catch up and he said kind things. I also scored a bonanza in the farewell gift department from my main office (as opposed to my employers - that is tomorrow). A London T-shirt and obligatory tatty ash tray, a wonderful Whittards chocolate shaker set with ceramic shaker, two sorts of chocolate and two metal stencils (that i am going to have to sneak past quarantine, but might get away with) and a set of lovely shower toiletry things and liquid soaps that will be great in the caravan! :wow: I am overwhelmed as I have seen what they have sent others off with and this is so much more ... :Luv2: Maybe the liked me after all ... :shy: even if they didn't want to work with me all that much ...

Offline Topsy Turvey

• Hero Cat
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2009, 19:57:08 PM »
Four weeks will fly by BC.  They will be well looked after and delighted to see you when the time comes to take them home x

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2009, 19:44:44 PM »
Good luck with the move, it looks very clean and orderly like any good quarantine kennels.  ;D  Im not sure if its different over there but the quarantine kennels here that i had an interview at, are not allowed to let dogs/cats out as its against defra rules  :tired: it was the pups that got to me tho, they flew into the uk once jabs were done and then grew up in quarantine  :( recipe for disaster i guess as theres no training going on, feel sorry for the new owners adopting 9 month old delinquents!!

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2009, 14:19:37 PM »
BC  :hug: :hug: x

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2009, 13:57:57 PM »
 :care: Awww, must be so odd, I am not looking forward to next Saturday, more specifically Sunday morning when they won't be there to wake me up :(

Four weeks will fly though and you will be back together before you know it.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 16:22:04 PM by 925dancer »

Dark Moon

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2009, 13:52:32 PM »
All of us will be thinking of all of you - sending warm thoughts your way to ease your loneliness and moving headaches; and loving, calm thoughts their way to reassure them that they haven't lost you, that this is temporary, and that you'll all be warm and happy and together again soon.

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2009, 13:24:32 PM »
 BC :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2009, 13:20:13 PM »
I couldnt see the link cos I havent put acrobat back yet.

I bet you are feeling very sad and lonely but as you have so much to do I am sure the time will fly  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2009, 13:17:36 PM »
Well, they've gone now. They will spend tonight at Heathrow at the kennelling facilities having their last treatments for fleas and such, and onto the plane tomorrow - the house seems very empty.

Its so difficult when you can't explain to them whats happening isn't it.  Without the animals home just isn't home is it - I bet you'll be relieved when its your turn to go.  Forgive my ignorance but why exactly do they have to be quaranteened (which diseases(s) I mean).

Offline 2d

• Adult Cat
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2009, 12:37:19 PM »
Good luck.

It must be wierd, and lonely without them, but I think that it's fantastic that you're taking them.  So many people emigrate and leave their animals behind - not that I'm knocking that entirely, it's how we got George and Edward - but I'd be doing the same as you.

Fingers crossed that everything goes well.

And the quarantine place look lovely.

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
  • Alfie, Frankie & Leigh, my boys & me
    • http://www.alfie-cat.co.uk
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2009, 12:20:39 PM »
Hiya BC,

Sorry, with all the packing etc. etc. I missed this post. Sounds like a BIG adventure awaits you all, a big upheaval but a lovely new life.

I have very much enjoyed chatting to you and shall miss your company on Purrs.

Wishing you all a very safe trip and every hapiness in your new abode.

:hug: :hug:

Cheers

Leigh, Alfie and Frankie xx
Alfie and Frankie's dad - "Letterbox" are Rockin' the Feline World

Offline Indys Mamma

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2009, 12:10:45 PM »
just think, in 6 weeks and in that caravan you may be wishing they were in kennels again  :innocent:

with all the preparations for your own move it will fly past, and you will be glad you don't have to worry about them  :hug: :hug:

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2009, 12:09:04 PM »
Aww BC I can't imagine what saying good bye was like, but just think 4 weeks and you're all be back together  :hug: :hug:

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2009, 11:52:10 AM »
Must be a weird feeling. But time flies, and before you know it you will all be re-united again, in your new, exciting life!! I'm sure they understand more than we think they do... infact maybe they are secretly excited too.  :hug:
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2009, 11:22:32 AM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug: those four weeks will fly past and think of how happy they will be to see you again an what fab life you all have to look forward to.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2009, 11:18:25 AM »
Awww, BC.  :hug: I can't imagine how you must be feeling. I hope the time passes quickly and you're all back together soon.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2009, 10:56:19 AM »
I'm sure they will be looked after and it's going to be fantastic when you are all together again - One massive animal party  :Luv2: :rofl:

Mary  :hug:
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2009, 10:50:49 AM »
Well, they've gone now. They will spend tonight at Heathrow at the kennelling facilities having their last treatments for fleas and such, and onto the plane tomorrow - the house seems very empty. Now I have to trudge back up to London for the second last time ... :(

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2009, 10:49:53 AM »
Sending you a big :grouphug: I'm sure the 4 weeks will fly by and before you know it you'll be starting your fabulous new life together.  Just looked at the link and there's a pic of two cats sharing the 'roof space' in the accomodation so looks like they'll be together  :hug:

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2009, 10:41:46 AM »
 :hug: hun  Betcha 4 weeks will go quick and what a life they will have out in the sun  ;D

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2009, 10:39:41 AM »
Here's a link to the place where they will be staying - looks quite civilised for the cats, if a little spartan (but it is quarantine after all, and at least it is easy to keep clean). The doggy accommodation looks a little more basic, but I imagine they also have fields for the dogs to run on and get their exercise ...

http://www.animaltravel.co.za/Eastern%20Creek%20-%20Sydney.pdf

I'm sure they will be fine there BC  :) it does look very much like our cattery and kennels.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2009, 10:29:03 AM »
Will be thinking of you today BC, it must be hard for you but just concentrate on the reunion in a few weeks. :Luv2:

That's what I was about to post too, BC  :hug:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2009, 10:28:30 AM »
Where on earth has the time gone!!! 

Will be thinking of you today BC, it must be hard for you but just concentrate on the reunion in a few weeks. :Luv2:
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2009, 10:24:07 AM »
Here's a link to the place where they will be staying - looks quite civilised for the cats, if a little spartan (but it is quarantine after all, and at least it is easy to keep clean). The doggy accommodation looks a little more basic, but I imagine they also have fields for the dogs to run on and get their exercise ...

http://www.animaltravel.co.za/Eastern%20Creek%20-%20Sydney.pdf

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2009, 10:20:45 AM »
Personally I think SMidgen would rather share with Shadow, but I don't think they quite see it that way  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009, 10:14:38 AM »
I am assuming that while in quarantine they will be penned either together or adjacent to each other. They seem to be very aware of the needs of the animals and companions are generally kept together because they are less likely to suffer from the process - it's much the same as a good quality kennelling facility in that way ...

yes I would think you're right so at least they will be together  :Luv2:

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009, 10:11:24 AM »
I am assuming that while in quarantine they will be penned either together or adjacent to each other. They seem to be very aware of the needs of the animals and companions are generally kept together because they are less likely to suffer from the process - it's much the same as a good quality kennelling facility in that way ...

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009, 10:05:54 AM »
will they be kept together?

Smidgen and Esther will be travelling in the same box, but with a wire partition so they don't hurt each other if they stress out or panic. Shadow will have his own box - he is allowed to take his blanky with him, so will have familiar smells. The cats will have their normal bedding also so wil have something familiar to cling to.

that is good and will they be together for the 4 weeks?

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 10:01:01 AM »
will they be kept together?

Smidgen and Esther will be travelling in the same box, but with a wire partition so they don't hurt each other if they stress out or panic. Shadow will have his own box - he is allowed to take his blanky with him, so will have familiar smells. The cats will have their normal bedding also so wil have something familiar to cling to.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 09:59:41 AM »
I can't believe how quickly this has come around - can't even imagine how you are feeling bc

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 09:58:45 AM »
Sending you a massive  :hug: hunnie, of course they know there's something going on, and it would be so lovely if they could understand just what a wonderful life they are going to have in just 4 weeks  :hug:

I know today will be hard, but just think about their faces when you see them again, and how pleased you will all be to see each other again xx

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Link to CatChat