Author Topic: The 10 caravan cats rescue  (Read 6139 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: The 10 caravan cats rescue
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2009, 08:04:24 AM »
Sounding better news but fingers crossed for the ones who are still not quite better xx
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2009, 08:01:19 AM »
Aww, fingers crossed for everyone
Please spay your cat

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2009, 21:29:13 PM »
Please keep gingers crossed for Lola and charlie xx

I've only got one ginger cat, I'm afraid, so will have to use my fingers instead ;)

which I do, most readily
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline RACR

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
    • RACR
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2009, 21:18:33 PM »
Sorry not updated, been so busy its been unreal!

Carma's update: She went back to vets on thursday as after 3rd op another lump grew. Luckly this time it was nothing and due to having 3 ops it was a large area of scar tissue. Carma is fully recovered now and will go up for rehoming. Smashing girl ive fell in love with and really wanted to keep, but unfortunatly my other cat and 2 dogs just dont like her at all :(

Lola and charlie. Well, we arent having much luck with these 2. Its one step forward and 15 back. As soon as they start respond to meds they stop and become very ill again :( There are other tests we can do if we cant find out what exactly is wrong and they dont respond any more at all to any meds, but they are extremely costly and at the moment funds are dried out as the vet bills alone for these 2 is sky high. We are hoping with the tests being done over the next week we will get answers and its something that can be cured and them helped.

3 boys have settled well, been neuetered, chipped and innoculated. 2 have been reserved pending homecheck next week :)

Serenity and Hope are coming on well also, really come out their shell in the foster home. Gained weight so will be spayed etc.. Serenity does seem to have started sneezing bouts again and now with snotty discharge so that will need sorting out for her.

Milly the tortie is settling. More confident at night time and edgy in the day, probably because daytimes are more active and busier but she is getting there. Has responded well to anti biotics this time so fingers crossed.

With a few these cats it will be a matter of time before they are able to be rehomed. Some due to ongoing illness and some just still to nervy, not really ready yet and need alittle more time to trust humans.

Please keep gingers crossed for Lola and charlie xx

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2009, 10:40:41 AM »
How is Carma today?

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2009, 13:26:36 PM »
 :'( Poor little Carma, how awful for her, I'll be thinking of her and everything crossed she is home with you soon and well. 
Best of luck with Lola too.

Offline RACR

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
    • RACR
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2009, 13:23:50 PM »
I've  had to rush carma in the vets  thismorning. Woke at 5.50am, (it wasnt like that when I checked her at 10pm!) to faint meowing, went out to look and she was dragging herself along floor. I checked her over and her stomach where she had spay had swollen badly. She has a infection that has kicked in real fast and badly. She is in and on a drip and they have managed to stabelise her. I am so worried and a wreck :(

Lola has also been taken for last minute spay as she has come in heat and Charlie has shown interest, this and her eye not responding they decided to get her in today, spay her and sort eye, which was suggested to be possibly removed :(

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2009, 08:16:37 AM »
Glad Carma got through her op OK, she is very lucky she was caught. Good luck with all the others.
Please spay your cat

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2009, 21:06:58 PM »
Sending vibes for Lolas eye treatment, hope the new one works for her  :hug:
Pregnant spays are normally done midline,i assume its easier to remove all that way. Lucky you got her in before things got serious  :(

That's how one of the ferals I trapped was done, best of luck xx

Offline RACR

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
    • RACR
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2009, 19:00:39 PM »
I took her in as she was walking funny. She was walking and stretching her back legs out. At 1st I thought it was because she had been penned so was stretching out abit. But it continued and she started wobbling. Thats when vet did ultra sound and found that :(

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2009, 18:38:33 PM »
Sending vibes for Lolas eye treatment, hope the new one works for her  :hug:
Pregnant spays are normally done midline,i assume its easier to remove all that way. Lucky you got her in before things got serious  :(

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2009, 14:13:57 PM »
What a worry, im sorry to hear about Carma thank goodness she went to the vets when she did, and i really hope that Lola can be helped with her eyes, i think your doind a marvellous job on these poor kitties and i am sending lots of healing and positive vibes for them all :hug:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline RACR

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
    • RACR
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2009, 14:02:10 PM »
Had new update from Charlie and Lolas foster mummy.

Lola has stopped responding to the eye treatment she is on and now her other eye has started getting sore :( they are to go back today and try a new treatment. I am really hoping this one works.

Charlies chest seems to be better but still has snotty nose, so he may need to continue with anti biotics a while longer.

Offline RACR

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
    • RACR
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2009, 17:46:31 PM »
Carma had emg spay today after having a ultra sound. She was in early stages of pregnancy and her uterus on the verge of collapsing, she wouldnt of made full pregnancy with risking her life. She has had a midline spay (not sure why they do it like that?) She has also been id chipped and will have her 1st jab thursday.

Poor Lolas eye still isnt clear enough to see whats what, the vet decided against spaying just now due to very ill health, same with charlie :( Fingers crossed these come through good.

Hope and serenity are coming on great. Gaining weigt, will be weighed again in a week or 2 to see if ok for spaying. Serenity keeps getting a dodgy eye where one min it looks sore and inner eyelid closing in, then it goes back to normal again.

3 boys are gradualy getting weight up. Bigger boys respitory infection cleared but has come back so he will continue treatment for that. Hopefuly we can start getting more neutered and spayed etc.. They now have a foster home lined up also.

Offline RACR

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
    • RACR
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2009, 14:18:05 PM »
I have just had a member off here drop off some donations of food, cat litter, trays, bowls and beds for these cuties. I am not sure of the user name, I am thinking its moria? I would just like to say a huge thank you, as they are very much needed and appreciated  :thanks: Apoligies for the state you caught me in, old tracksuit, hair tied back a mess and bags of dirty litter tray waste etc.. all out, I was cleaning out cages lol.

I am planning on letting one of the females have full room freedom later today as she seems calm enough now, maybe serenity also? I dont think Hope is ready yet as she is still very scared, esp when taking her out the cage/pen. They do seem to find the cages a huge comfort zone. I took carma out and she just went straight back in and seemed happier in there. I will take things at there own pace as not to stress them. The boys dont seem ready to try out yet, until all nuetered it will be rotate out pen/cage time.

I hoovered today as rabbits get hay all over lol, the girls werent to bad with the hoover, the boys how ever totaly freaked out, so I had to remove them from the room.

The female with a fosterer in chilwell, thought to be pregnant. Well apperently she did a huge poo today which consisted of hundreds of worms!! poor girl :( Her eyes seem to be drying out with the anti biotics working. The girl in swindon pictured below with bad eye, ointment sems to be working and eye is starting to open up. The biy there also is slowely coming round now.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2009, 12:33:32 PM »
I love the girls names. :) Glad they're all doing well.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2009, 11:01:31 AM »
Pleased they are doing well  :)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2009, 10:57:01 AM »
Glad they are coming round, and fingers crossed for them all to continue coming round
Please spay your cat

Offline RACR

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
    • RACR
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2009, 20:03:19 PM »
Well I am really please with these. Ive been spending alot of time sitting with them and talking to them and its paying off, they are really coming round. The larger black girl esp, the second I open there pen she is up and rubbing against me, purring  :Luv2: infact putting fresh water in is a task as she knocks it out my hand lol.  Tonights feed just done, boys are always straight in, love there grub lol. The girls ready and waiting, even tortie girl, 1st time has tucked into food  ;D and voluntarly come for a fuss, wasnt as ease with it but she she was ok.

I have named the girls in the theme of hope and peace:

Tortie girl: Serenity
Black big girl: Carma (peace in african)
Black small girl: Hope

Serenity has started sneezing, well sneezed a couple of times. I will observe her over next 24hrs as not sure if its the dust frm cat litter as she spends a lot of time laying in there with head down  :scared: I am using cat litter donated which is heavey and dusty, but will pick some different one up tomorrow.

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2009, 21:45:52 PM »
Good on you for helping these cats.

I really feel that the RSPCA need to be accountable for what they have done - they are not short of money!
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline RACR

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
    • RACR
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2009, 21:40:33 PM »
Thats brilliant Andrea probably all the stress of whats happened plus if they are not 100% they will be upset ,i would have thought after a couple of days they will have calmed down,the 3 boys are beautiful and i would have thought when they are ready they will soon get homes,that poor little girls eye looks a bit of a mess poor babe :Luv:

They seem to fnd the cages as security and comfort also. Im sure they should settle soon, the little feral one seems to go by what the older one does, som its good there is a laid back one, or a braver one where she gets a good example. Tbh, i think it take some time on rehab for the girls.

The boys are gorgous, so scrummy  :Luv2: and im sure they will find homes fast once sorted out. The big B&W, ohhh he is a babe, so chilled out and well mannered as to say :) Again, he seems to be the one setting the example ;)

I am just so releived they are safe and we got them before rspca went back.

Lolas eye, int hat picture you can see it had just been bathed, when she came in it was oozing, all down her face, legs and paws aperrently, or had been as traces on there, but was oozing badly. She isnt taking kindly to ointment put in it and being bathed alot lol. Im hoping the ointment heps and the 3rd eyelid starts opening up so when nicky takes her vet next week to be spayed they can get better look and operate there and then if needed.

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2009, 21:38:14 PM »
Just spokent to hazel direct, apprently they was going to take them all but couldnt catch them (thank god) the 4 they got were the ones they could, the blind one, the 3 legged, 12 yr old and ill one, they didnt stand a chance of hiding  :(

It breaks my heart reading this, how could they take the ones which were helpless , so cruel.
RIP little babies.

me too, I would have been desperate to save those ones, they all look lovely and that poorly eye  :(

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2009, 21:21:42 PM »
Just spokent to hazel direct, apprently they was going to take them all but couldnt catch them (thank god) the 4 they got were the ones they could, the blind one, the 3 legged, 12 yr old and ill one, they didnt stand a chance of hiding  :(

It breaks my heart reading this, how could they take the ones which were helpless , so cruel.
RIP little babies.

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2009, 21:10:06 PM »
Thats brilliant Andrea probably all the stress of whats happened plus if they are not 100% they will be upset ,i would have thought after a couple of days they will have calmed down,the 3 boys are beautiful and i would have thought when they are ready they will soon get homes,that poor little girls eye looks a bit of a mess poor babe :Luv:

Offline RACR

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
    • RACR
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2009, 21:00:05 PM »
Just had break through with girls!! Finaly got round to setting the bigger cage up, been dreading transfering them lol.. Put tortie in 1st, she clung to inside of cage  and I had a job prising her off and keeping her calm, but once in bigger cage was ok, little stressed for first few minutes. So here goes the black girlies. Put my hand in slowly and started stroking bigger one, she started purring away and rubbing face on my hand for good fuss, little one obviously picked up on this and slowley crept forward. Eventualty I put my hand in front of her face to sniff, she didnt hiss or anything so I started stroking her, she seemed to like it, woohooo kept stroking her for ages and then picked her up slowely, ok until got out cage and start to freak abit, I had other cage door ready for fast transfer so quickly held her securly then popped her in, not to much fuss. One thing now there all in there, tortie and little one were extremely happy to be back together, I think they are a close pair and tortie has picked up some already now, a happy renunion I think lol. fed the boys and in seconds flat gone again, 5th time today!! Girls are happily tucking into cat meat, though tortie is shying away, hopefuly she will start eating now?there all drinking alot though also which is good.

;D

Just received picture off Nicky (foster for 2) of the girl there and her eye, looks awful :(

:(

Offline RACR

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
    • RACR
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2009, 15:57:25 PM »
All alot calmer. Must say my bedroom stinks to high heaven this morning and so does my whole house as smell as traveled, un nuetered toms = very bad tom cat spraying smells  :roll:  I hope I dont have visitors come round as it smells awful lol. Bless them.

Im concerned about one girl, tortie girl, very withdrawn and hardly moves, something doesnt seem right with her, vet will have to give her a good check over. It could also be as sherry said said yesterday when she came round to have a peek, that she is on her own. Once large cages arrives today all girls will be together.

The 2 black girls, they scare me a bit lol, esp the ferrel one. When i put my hand in she hisses and ears go back, keeping thinking any minute she will attack lol, dreading transfering them to bigger cage later  :lol:

The boys are a dream tbh, very friendly, allow you to pick them up and stroke them. The biggest B&W one I think is a oldest one, guessing around 7 to 9 years mark?

All except torty girl have eaten and drank.

Piccies i got this morning.

2 black girls, smaller one at back is ferrel one:

Tortie girl, her eyes look rough but its the tortie markings on her fur.

And the boys

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2009, 22:16:43 PM »
Aww, lets hope meds and food work wonders with this lot.
Please spay your cat

Offline RACR

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
    • RACR
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2009, 18:18:41 PM »
Update off swindon fosterer, back from vets:

Lola - white/black girl with very bad eye. Not the same as Leo's - this is ulcerated and oedema and impossible to know state of eye underneath. Have got eye ointment, wormed, flea'd. Booked for spay next week, when vet will check out eye under GA. 8 months old - probably sibling to A&L.

Boy (No name yet) - black boy. Bad respiratory problem. Treating with antibiotics. Cant be neutered until chest sorted. Wormed and flea'd. Again about 8 months old - probably sibling.

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2009, 17:39:45 PM »
Glad they are with you now, hope everything goes well for them all xx

Offline RACR

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
    • RACR
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2009, 17:22:30 PM »
Sorry, my bad wording again. meant are here with me out the 9, 2 out the nine with nicky and one out the nine with faye. The rest were took by rspca and destroyed like mentioned before :(

Nicky has taken 2 her end to vets, one has a real bad eye and extremely ill, puss everywhere :( the other a really bad chest. Waiting for her to get back and update vets out come, hoepfuly eye can be saved?

Its a good job this run was done today as its snowed since 3pm and settled, still snowing bad now.

Offline moira

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Oscar, Frankie, Timmy, Sophie, Dudley, Kofi, Maurice, Max, Barney, Sammy, Flynn, Molly, Nulla, Winnie, Patch, Sooty
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2009, 16:49:07 PM »
Good news about the 6 now safe. What about the other 4?

Offline RACR

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
    • RACR
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2009, 16:42:31 PM »
Right. have 6 here. 2 are with Nicky who is fostering them (anya and leos foster mum) and faye has took heavily pregnant one to foster as she is highly stressed out of all them and needs more one to one for 1st few days. Plus i think she would benifit from a cage to herself and until cages arrive tomorrow I wont have spare at hand.

6 here. Most hanadable though scared, 1 completly wild and not used to human contact at all, getting her out the carrier to put in hospital cage here, she attacked faye and got loose so we had hunt on for her, she went mental round the room boucning left right and centre and smashing everything, I was concerned she would hurt herself but I got her and got her in a cage with a calmer girl. There calming down slowly. Have 3 males and 3 females here, all males together, 2 females together and one on her own for now.

1 is a good weight and size, the females and one tom are pretty under weight, feeling back bone and sunk in slightly. Coats good condition, not had any sneezing as yet though the black and white big tom has a real rattly chest :( A couple have runny eyes, but no discharge I can see as yet. I will later check teeth and do more thouragh check. Tomorrow is task of vets so will take 2 or 3 trips all in all. Preggers girl hopefuly will be seen tonight.

There terrified of dogs but thats not a problem as there in  my room and wont see the dogs again.

There so scared of humans. cant beleive this woman has bred these cats and not so much as interacted with them one bit.

Will get photos tomorrow as leaving them to settle now. There warm safe and have food and water xx

Offline moira

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Oscar, Frankie, Timmy, Sophie, Dudley, Kofi, Maurice, Max, Barney, Sammy, Flynn, Molly, Nulla, Winnie, Patch, Sooty
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2009, 11:38:15 AM »
It breaks my heart to hear about these 4 little ones. Sadly this isn't the first bad report I have seen about the RSPCA. They have charity status and therefore are answerable to the public (us). I feel I/we have a right and a duty to demand that they explain their actions and express our condemnation. Are you able to give me the name of the branch responsibile?

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2009, 08:24:04 AM »
RIP little babies, and fingers crossed for the rest of them.
Please spay your cat

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2009, 21:22:38 PM »
well they publicly pushlish their annual accounts that shows their millions.. .if not billions in the bank doing nowt..... and why..... in case the public stop donating to them!!!

just search their site for them or the internet and view the figures... makes for disgusting reading.

though if another place was going to take the cats and they knew about it  I'm surprised they went through the expense of sending an inspector out, catching them and taking them to the vet to PTS.    Priorities are all wrong but then nothing we didn't already know!

whilst the papers is a great idea in theory.... "they" carry the clout and you can bet any article published will not be in the favour of the little guys.  can't see things being any different south of the border than it is up here in that respect!

Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2009, 19:14:28 PM »
Andrea i would make sure this was splashed all over the national papers, its time the RSPCA was shown up for what they are :censored: :censored:

Offline RACR

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
    • RACR
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2009, 18:54:28 PM »

They took them straight from there to vets to pts. apperently they dont have funds for even the slightlest poorly cat, so why in gods name call themselves a rescue, im no where as nig but wont pts unless completly needed because animal is suffering.

Im very tempted to go to the press with this.

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2009, 18:31:05 PM »
Oh Andrea, poor little souls, my heart cries for the lost little blind one :'( i hope the ones who did it rot in hell for eternity :censored: :censored: thank god they were all safe this morning when they came back. and well done to Hazel for managing to get them, i do hope you manage to get the others out to safety and will say a pray for them and the others who werent so fortunate R.I.P. BABES

Offline RACR

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
    • RACR
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2009, 18:09:52 PM »
Grrrr why is everyting so difficult!!

There is 9 cats, the little blind was taken by rspca and PTS  :(

The rspca turned up again this morning so thank god we got them out!!

One hassle is, the woman is refusing to hand over 4, wants to keep 2 and supposadly 2 for her friend :( The lady getting them out has left some traps, so im hoping we can get remainder and she cant keep any.  If she refuses all I can do is offer to take them, nueter tem, inncoulate and treat them and hand them back, at least if she agrees to that they cant breed and will be treated.

There at second stage now, anya and leos fosterer, this is the run down she has given me:

There are now nine - the little blind female was among those taken by RSPCA. We only just got there in time - the RSPCA were back this morning and I guess would have taken more to be PTS, but fortunately were all in hazel's caravan by then. Bad bad woman = she is keeping 4 back - 2 males for herself and 2 for a friend (again supposedly males). We think there may be others but Hazel is going to borrow some cat traps and see if she can catch any. Situation up there is dire. The woman had AT LEAST 20, in a small touring caravan that she lives in herself.

Most look good weight, good coat, but will need a lot of socialising plus health issues. Several sneezing, and one black one (I think it is the small scared one) is wheezing when breathes.

The cats we have are:

blk/green eyes : nervy but strokeable; eyes look ok
blk/amber eyes, largeish : nervy but strokeable; eyes look ok
blk/amber eyes, small : possible sibling to Anya, very very nervous esp of people
blk and ginger tortie: bad eye, nervous
white/blk - very bad eye, very very nervous especially when saw Maisie through the window, (running up curtains and bashing into doors sort of scared )
blk/white large fluffy - not too timid, possible eye prob but not sure. Most confident of all of them. Big cat!
white/tortie female - very very nervous - either quite pregnant or ?cancer type illness (Hazel not sure; cat too nervous to have a good feel but couldnt feel kittens. Prob is pregnant though) and bad eye
ginger - very very nervous - reasonable appearance, think eyes look ok
bk/white fluffy - nervous, not sure about eyes

I cant express enough at how angry and upset I am the rspca PTS, I was so hoping out for the little blind one, all she needed for eyes if it was ulceration and scarring is a eye creams, anti biotices and laser eye surgery, leo came through from it all.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2009, 13:30:39 PM »
Well done on getting the 10 out to safety   :hug: :hug:
The needle happy idiots will get their dues

Link to CatChat