Author Topic: Getting female cat spayed  (Read 6107 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Getting female cat spayed
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2009, 19:40:20 PM »
She'll be fine, they really dont notice but will expect chicken or something else yummy for tea. If your not squeamish you can view spays on youtube  ;D

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2009, 12:56:16 PM »
...... she is all booked in ready to be spayed next week and I am a bag of nerves.. devoted worry wart me.. always a worry..

Just to out your mind at rest..... someone told me this op in humans and dogs is a proper op but with puds it's a doddle  :)

Offline Sheli_80

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to Henry and Charley
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2009, 15:14:59 PM »
This is totally off topic but if you aren't working at the moment and receive housing benefit you may be eligible for free vet treatment, you need to register in advance for it through the PDSA. Once registered you get a certificate to produce whenever you take your cat in, the forms are easy enough, I just completed one for my future mother in law. They will only cover one cat though.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2009, 14:04:05 PM »
No reason why she should't be on your bed the same night. Most cats are running around as soon as they get home  :)
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Jess's Mum (Sue)

• Adult Cat
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2009, 13:57:44 PM »
Hi all thank you for the replies...

A little history.. ages ago before christmas I offered local CP a home for a Kitten/youngcat.. i was told it was going to be a kitten but he was poorly so was staying with them for a while till better.. but then the Local CP lady became poorly and her calls were taken on by someone else.. so after numerous calls.. having been out and bought supplies for a kitten etc.. in January this year the CP finally got in touch and offered me Suzy a 2 year old..(short version) she turned out to be part feral and quite nasty to both myself and 3 year old son so after much soul searching I returned her..  few weeks after that local CP contacted me again offering me a friend of hers kitten (8 months old)as the lady was moving and they were not allowed pets .. i agreed.. kitten wonderful temperment stunning cat..fantastic.. love her to bits.. finally got help off the CP (voucher) she is all booked in ready to be spayed next week and I am a bag of nerves.. devoted worry wart me.. always a worry..and I will miss the little soul being curled up on my bed at night hehe
 :hug:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2009, 20:21:48 PM »
Sue this link may help if you get no joy with CP
http://www.catchat.org/neuter.html#lowcost

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2009, 19:54:42 PM »
you would certainly hope so, or at least come complete with a voucher ... >:(

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2009, 19:52:35 PM »
Just read back, doesnt look like she went into CP care, i thought all direct rehome cats would need to be neutered as part of the rules  :Dont know:

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2009, 19:37:34 PM »
true, but apparently via the local CP if you read Sue's original thread re this wee girly - or at least via a volunteer/contact at that rescue.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2009, 19:25:39 PM »
'passed her on to me' sounds more like a direct home?

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2009, 19:21:26 PM »
Shame on that branch. Sharon would have phoned to remind/check if the cat had been spayed.

the thought did cross my mind Mark - why release a cat for homing at that age and not have already neutered her? :Crazy: It boggles the mind the way some 'rescues'  behave ...

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2009, 19:16:21 PM »
PDSA may be able to help I think. They help those claiming benefits and am sure they offer help to those getting cats speyed I think. Worth giving them a call. They are my best friends at the moment as that's who scanned Chilli and found she was my baby and was missing  :Luv:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2009, 19:10:36 PM »
Shame on that branch. Sharon would have phoned to remind/check if the cat had been spayed.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2009, 18:42:22 PM »
CPs voucher scheme is only as good as the person you speak to, which isnt always someone as helpful as Ela! Who will send vouchers anywhere if it means a cat gets done  ;D

http://www.cats.org.uk/workwedo/neutering_financial.asp gives info and mainline number

Although it doesnt say on that link they can cover the full cost with a yellow voucher (many branches seem to keep it a secret so dont be afraid to ask if you need it)

Be vigilant keeping her in, a cat in heat is a determined creature and can escape in ways you wouldnt expect!

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2009, 16:20:47 PM »
you gotta be quick to beat the black cat  :evillaugh: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2009, 16:17:08 PM »
CP does have a voucher scheme and we have a number of members who are CP volunteers: one of them should be able to advise you how to apply when they see this.  :)

Snap, Blackcat!
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 16:16:38 PM »
CP have vouchers to assist with the cost, someone who knows the system will be along soon. In the mean time, make sure she doesn't get outside or you will not see her for a few days and when/if she comes back she will be pregnant ...

Offline Jess's Mum (Sue)

• Adult Cat
Getting female cat spayed
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 16:14:19 PM »
Hi as some of you know I am the proud mum of Jess a recent addidtion to the family - great cat 8 months old.. but she has reached that growwwwwwwwl cat call thing at 'that time of month' lol which is kind of freaky and usually at night when sons in bed.. lol probably best for all of us if I can help her asap

I contacted CP to see if they could help with cat costs as they were the people that passed her onto me and they said they would sort out her op.. however dispite numerous calls noone has got back to me and I was just wondering :-

Is there any help out there for people that are not working to assist with having a cat spayed?

Link to CatChat