Author Topic: Feeling a bit sad tonight  (Read 6231 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Feeling a bit sad tonight
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2008, 20:27:23 PM »
I think everyone is feeling a bit sad now - there seem to have been a lot of purrs puds going to the bridge in recent weeks  :( - and appreciative of their furbabes.  Mosi in on my lap right now and I'm almost overcome by his gorgeousness.  He's lying on his back like a baby and kneading the air with his paws.  I'm virtually in tears looking into his gorgeous eyes and I swear he senses something is a bit different.  I'm just so grateful to have him and so glad that Jaffa is well.

Yes, Ela and her Jeannie was very sad too this week
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2008, 20:14:09 PM »
I think everyone is feeling a bit sad now - there seem to have been a lot of purrs puds going to the bridge in recent weeks  :( - and appreciative of their furbabes.  Mosi in on my lap right now and I'm almost overcome by his gorgeousness.  He's lying on his back like a baby and kneading the air with his paws.  I'm virtually in tears looking into his gorgeous eyes and I swear he senses something is a bit different.  I'm just so grateful to have him and so glad that Jaffa is well.

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2008, 17:33:18 PM »
I've been sad most of this week, the news of Jameson yesterday tipped me over the edge. I was really upset yesterday and it wasn't because of Memphis but because of the loss of Jameson .. like everyone else I really felt like I knew him and his pictures always put a smile on my face. I'm going to miss him so much  :'( I cannot express how sorry I am for Helena and her OH  :hug:

Now I've just been told a cat belonging to a friend of a friend has been killed by a car today .. it's just such a sad, sad week  :'(

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2008, 17:31:45 PM »
Thank You.....

There are a few video's on youtube with the Fox and one with Jameson watching youtube !!

just watched them with a mixture of  :'(  and  :Luv:  and   ;D

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
  • Mr T and Chloe - We will meet again at the Bridge
  • Slave to: Celyn and Olwyn
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2008, 17:21:44 PM »
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=tbgSMJEbBfI

think this is the vid you want :)

Think we all felt the same about Jameson - he was such a star - our two Moglets have never been so fussed over (they were a bit suprised to find it can rain indoor ..... :'()
People Power Works!!!

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2008, 14:06:41 PM »
How is everyone feeling today ?  :hug:

I am still so incredibly sad and am crying again while writting this.
Jameson's death has hit us all so hard ....I'm still in shock to be honest, Can't really believe we wont see new pictures or read his stories.
I tried to find the video of him with the Fox last night but couldn't find it.

My heart so goes out to Helena, knowing what she is going through.

Love to all of you ....our Furbabies ....our Bridge babies ....our cats that are missing  X X X X

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Amber and Chilli
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2008, 12:31:35 PM »
I can only echo what has already been said, the support and understanding in this community is amazing, I feel like I know so many of you, even though I have never met the vast majority. I also send my love to anyone who is without one of their furbabes, I think I agree that the not knowing is pretty hard.

Last night I gave Casper loads and loads of fuss, we came so close to losing him!

hugs to everyone and extra special hugs to Helena!  :hug: :hug: :hug:

http://furrytripod.wordpress.com/ : Casper's tripod blog and sponsorship page

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2008, 10:25:40 AM »
Keeping everything crossed that Chilli soon finds her way home.

I cried last night for Jameson and his Mum and Dad who I have never met but who have touched me so deeply, I cried for all my Bridge Babies and for all the furbabies lost and missing and I cried for all the furbabies out in the cold alone and unloved.  I gave all my furbabies extra cuddles and thanked them for being with me and allowing me to love them.

The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline sazkat2

• Senior Cat
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2008, 10:23:53 AM »
I just thought I send my love and thoughts to everyone who is missing or has lost a furry friend.  I have heard that one cat was lost for 2 years then was found at a rescue who scanned for a chip!!  I hope Chilli comes home soon  :hug:  The last couple of days have shown me how much support and love people give each other on here and I am very glad that I found this forum and am part of it.   :hug: 

PLEASE GIVE A BLACK CAT A CHANCE LOTS ARE LEFT IN RESCUE JUST BECAUSE OF THEIR COLOUR.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2008, 10:15:12 AM »
I have had a good cry and it is the first time I have allowed myself to since Chilli went missing.

Glad to hear you let it out a little. I know you've been worried about Chilli, and I think a little in shock. I hope Chilli is back home safely very soon. :hug:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2008, 10:09:48 AM »
Thank you for starting this thread.

People who say "it was just a cat" are missing out on so much in their lives and it is great to belong to a communuity like Purrs - joined by our love of cats - and made up of friends, who may never have met, but who help each other so much.  It goes to show that, like our cats that have gone, we do not need to be physically together to give each other love and support.

To all Purrs members, thank you for your help and support and friendship. :grouphug: 

I echo that sentiment, Purrs peeps have brought comfort, laughter and tears into my life and I love you and your babies to bits.  When one is hurting we all hurt.

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2008, 09:42:03 AM »
Thank you for starting this thread.

I think Jameson's passing has affected us all and made us all think of our furbabes that have passed to the Bridge or who are missing from our lives at this time.

People who say "it was just a cat" are missing out on so much in their lives and it is great to belong to a communuity like Purrs - joined by our love of cats - and made up of friends, who may never have met, but who help each other so much.  It goes to show that, like our cats that have gone, we do not need to be physically together to give each other love and support.

To all Purrs members, thank you for your help and support and friendship. :grouphug: 
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2008, 08:47:10 AM »
Yes, never give up on Chilli, I hope you will find her x
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2008, 08:22:19 AM »
Fingers crossed for Chilli - I was at the vets last night, and someone had brought her cat in as she had just come back after being missing for 3.5 months - and she wasn't chipped when she went missing (one of the reasons she was at the vets though, poor cat is also dehydrated).
Please spay your cat

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2008, 07:18:48 AM »
I have to say tho , every single cat I have lost has broken off a bit of my heart.......Im sure its the same for all of you. :(

But every single one has been worth it.

Just wanted to say, have been where you are now, and know how very much it hurts.  But Kirst is right.  For every one that touches us and our lives, however briefly, it matters and it's most definitely worth it. 

:hug: :hug:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2008, 05:57:35 AM »
I have been the same, thinking about all my fur babies now at the Bridge and hoping that my neighbour's cat  Tigger is safe.  :hug: :hug: for everyone who has a missing cat

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2008, 23:01:04 PM »
Thank you everyone for sharing your thoughts, feelings and love tonight. This truly is a special place for us all and the outpouring from everyone tonight has been truly touching. I have had a good cry and it is the first time I have allowed myself to since Chilli went missing.

Jameson's passing to the Bridge, although horribly tragic, has brought us all together more than ever. A wonderful tribute and legacy.

Headbutts, purrs and hugs to everyone tonight.  :hug: :thanks:

Offline ginge66

• Distinguished Cat
  • Nigel R.I.P, 1989-2007
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2008, 22:57:36 PM »
Yes Ive also been giving the furbabes extra hugs tonight as well as biscuits :naughty: My first reaction after reading the post was that I was going to keep them as in door cats and never

let them out again but i know that would make them really unhappy and be very unfair.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2008, 22:52:46 PM »
I've been giving my boys extra hugs tonight because I'm so glad I have them here with me, safe and well.   

Me too.  I'm just gutted about Jameson, even though I never met him it shone through what an amazing personality he was and it's just such a shock to hear that he is gone  :(  So many cats on Purrs are poorly too, it's just not fair  :(

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2008, 22:49:26 PM »
I've been giving my boys extra hugs tonight because I'm so glad I have them here with me, safe and well.   I really feel for those with missing furbabes and, of course, for those who have lost a furbabe recently.  It feels like a very sad time on Purrs at the moment  :'(

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2008, 22:46:31 PM »
To all of you who's furbabes are still missing, don't give up hope, and never stop praying that you will see them again  :hug:

There is a real air of sadness on the forum tonight, as you guys have already said, although we've never actually met Jameson, we felt like we knew him  :'(

Sending everyone one of these tonight  :care: xxx

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2008, 22:43:15 PM »
With the awful news of Jameson today it has set me off thinking of my misisng baby Chilli and I am now sitting here with a bit of a bewildered Dave, who is being sweeter than he ever has before, bawling my eyes out because it has dawned on me that the longer it goes on the less likely it is I will see my baby again. I miss her so much. I hope wherever she is she is happy and peaceful.

Sending You a hug  :hug:
I know what it is like to have a cat missing ...One of my cats has been gone for 5yrs now but i still havent given up hope because there is always a chance he is somewhere safe and well. Unlike other people i actually find it easier than the cats i have lost and are buried in the garden...I find the Not knowing easier because he might be alive

You are right, I think the dreadful news about Jameson has hit us all hard. I have literally not stopped crying tonight, I am so gutted and upset.
It has also made me cry for the cats i have lost, Jameson's death has reminded Me of my Storms.....a knock at the door, Storm laying in the road etc

Jameson will never be forgotten .....He is one special dude !

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2008, 22:35:52 PM »
I can empathise here as it is over a year since Gizmo went missing without a trace and I think there comes a point when you have to come to terms with the fact that they have gone for good.  I hope that she found an alternative family - she was chipped and spayed.

On the other hand I have a stray (Spotty) who has been with me now for more than ten years, I don't know where he came from but I do know that he was well cared for as he was well fed and neutered.  No amount of persuading him would encourage him to go home, wherever home was and so he has found his alternative home with me.
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2008, 22:32:53 PM »
I think the death of any furball effects us all but i think Jamieson held a special place in everyones heart even tho we never met him,we watched him on video with the fox and doing his yoga bit, a very special little man and to each and everyone who has a special friend missing God Bless and keep them safe :hug:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline ginge66

• Distinguished Cat
  • Nigel R.I.P, 1989-2007
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2008, 22:24:06 PM »
Ive felt really sad tonight, its strange isn't it I dont even know Jameson or his owners but Ive really felt their loss :(.

I actually had a cat go missing many years ago and agree the not knowing was worse than the alternative. My heart goes out to all of you with missing cats and hope they return home soon :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2008, 22:14:40 PM »
Don't give up hope  :hug:

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 22:09:30 PM »
I have to say tho , every single cat I have lost has broken off a bit of my heart.......Im sure its the same for all of you. :(

But every single one has been worth it.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 22:07:24 PM »
i agree this is so hard and the not knowing is hard to take. maybe you have to believe that they have aquired a new home and aresafe and happy  :hug:
purrs is a very sad place tonight and think we all are suffering.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 22:03:59 PM »
My heart goes out to you both and everyone who is missing a special friend.  Sometimes I think the "not knowing" is actually worse.

Fingers crossed all the missing furbabes return home soon.

xxxxxxxxxxxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 21:25:18 PM »
My thoughts are with you on this,its now 7months since Wizzy disappeared and im slowly coming to realise like you the longer it is the less chance of him coming home :'(i try to hope that someone somewhere has taken my baby in and that hes alive and well.but it doesnt stop the pain when i think of him :(
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
Feeling a bit sad tonight
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 21:18:11 PM »
With the awful news of Jameson today it has set me off thinking of my misisng baby Chilli and I am now sitting here with a bit of a bewildered Dave, who is being sweeter than he ever has before, bawling my eyes out because it has dawned on me that the longer it goes on the less likely it is I will see my baby again. I miss her so much. I hope wherever she is she is happy and peaceful.

Link to CatChat