Author Topic: HElp emergency-- Franta OK NOW TY  (Read 6403 times)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Re: HElp emergency-- Franta OK NOW TY
« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2008, 14:31:53 PM »
Hope you're home from the vet soon Franta and feeling fine.  Horrid weather, you need your mum to cuddle up to you and she needs you too.

Love Bonnie and Mary xx  :hug 2: :get well 2:
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2008, 17:33:07 PM »
Thank you Bonnie  :hug:

I am not wanting to think about it really cos I dont wanna go anywhere.

I iz appy ear and lying keepin warm by my radiator and getting cuddles when I want and foodz when i need.......sigh

Franta

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2008, 16:26:29 PM »
Franta have a fantastic weekend ready to get your teeth looking fantastic on Tuesday.  Pretend it's a holiday when you go in on Monday and think of all the peace you will get on your own.  :hug: :Luv2:

Lots of love.

:get well 3: :lick: :Flowers:

Mary and Bonnie xxx
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2008, 21:11:00 PM »
Oh Franta  :lick: :hug 2: :blow kiss: :blow kiss:  You'd better get lots of food inside you ready fro next Tuesday.   
He sounds like he's going to have a right good check up while he's there Gill. 
I had to leave Smudge at the vet twice in all the time I had him for his teeth scraping and polishing.  I'd take him in the morning and cry my eyes out all the way home, and I would book a day off work and I'd phone them long before I was told to and they would say the same thing every time "he's still asleep and he's nice and warm and he's doing ok, nothing for you to worry about" BUT I wouldn't stop worrying until the minute I got to the vet and saw him.  They would bring him out in his carrier but I always took him out and gave him a cuddle and lots of kisses before I took him to the car.  So I know exactly how you will be feeling Gill.

Mary and Bonnie  :hug:

Offline Baggy

• Hero Cat
« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2008, 20:10:14 PM »
We been to the vet today and he was of course moreorless back to normal and making me look stupid  :rofl:
:shocked: Typical!  But if you hadn't gone you know he'd suddenly have taken a turn for the worse 2 minutes after they had closed  :evillaugh:.

Am sure that all will go well next week.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2008, 19:00:16 PM »
We been to the vet today and he was of course moreorless back to normal and making me look stupid  :rofl:

However he will be going in on Monday evening ready for an op on his mouth on Tuesday, together with other stuff while he is dreaming , like full blood tests , urine sample, ears checked and at the pre op check will have BP done etc. He will go on a drip cos of his age, which is old for a birman but he is in quite good shape, apart from a worrying kidney.

However the tests which will include most stuff will show how is doing and he had a B12 injection today to try to help his appetite and also a little millebax sweety.

I am sure I will be beside myself with worry after leaving him there on Monday, until I get my little cuddlebum home safe and sound.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2008, 11:45:13 AM »
Hope Franta is feeling much better soon  :hug: :hug:

Its such a worry when you feel something isn't quite right  :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2008, 22:59:23 PM »
Thanks Baggy  ;D

Offline Baggy

• Hero Cat
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2008, 22:57:38 PM »
Let's hope he starts eating properly overnight, but if not fingers crossed the vet can make him feel better.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2008, 22:11:58 PM »
Think we long past the wimbledon situation   :rofl: :rofl:

I still havent heard from the vet who was supposed to have rung me this evening and Franta is just not eating properly and think he neeeds sorting out but need her advice cos doent want to stress him out on a long car ride for nothing.

I think the water incident scared him a lot and its raining again here but he does smell better now he has done a lot of grooming.

I will ring the vets again tomorrow and now car has passed MOT, the tank is full and if I can finally speak to her maybe if she thinks he will be Ok we can get him in tomorrow overnight to be treated the next day. Really wanted this to be last week grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

So keeps the fingers and toes crossed.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2008, 21:28:38 PM »
Last time I suggest anything to you  :P :P  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:  Not one of my best ideas then?!!  :rofl: :rofl:  Even suggesting jabbing a garden fork in the lawn won't get rid of the water either then  :evillaugh:  Surely you could get some ideas from garden centres or landscape gardeners or someone.  Maybe put plastic sheets down like they do when it rains at Wimbledon  :rofl:

Anyway, now I've cheered you up how is the patient doing?  No wonder he's p**sed off if he fell in all the water you've described  :( :hug:

Mary

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2008, 14:33:25 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: sorry for laughing Mary

I have a 100ft plus back garden and bought the property cos wanted a big garden, with lawn etc.

I have spent the last couple of years removing pebbles bag by bag from the front and moving them to the back for the paths and still have one third to go from front to back.

Trouble is the rain has been so horrendous tyhis year all paths are turning to rivers evrytime it rains, pebbles are going green now cos they are under water so much, the lawn is like a blamange that hasnt set, and every where is gradually going green and slippery.

The water when it starts to drain is just under the surface of the lawn now cos we are just waterlogged and there is a claybed about 12-18 inches below which is reason that it wont drain.

If I had had a crystal ball about the weather and known about the land, I wouldnt have come here but now am just hoping for loads of non-rainy weather.....impossible I reckon the way things are going!

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2008, 10:41:37 AM »
So pleased he's picking up Gill.  :Luv2: :Luv:

How about phoning a builders yard and getting them to deliver you some pebbles?  I got some delivered for my drive nearly 3 years ago and if they can get the truck up close to your garden they can just tip them in and you just have to rake them over.  The builders yard is a lot cheaper than the garden centre.

The ones I had left I put on the soil in my garden and they've been great - I had a very boggy garden too and it was hell just walking over a bit of it to get to clean my windows.  I don't have any probs now.  Good luck and fingers and paws crossed for Framta.

Mary and Bonnie xxx

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2008, 01:42:53 AM »
Franta seems to smell better now and I did try wiping his head. He is doing a lot of cleaning but am gonna try and speak to the vet tomorrow, cos she still did not ring me , and I want to get his mouth sorted.

He is Ok but feel he is under the waether, you maybe right and he swallowed some of the water Dawn. I just dont know but my garden is almost permanently under water at present and today it didnt go down and we apparently have more rain coming tomorrow.........I am so fed up with damp, wet and going green with moss.

Offline ginge66

• Distinguished Cat
  • Nigel R.I.P, 1989-2007
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2008, 12:46:28 PM »
Hope Frantas feeling better today : :)

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2008, 09:55:33 AM »
Im glad he's perked up a bit and hope hes brighter today
love
Tab

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2008, 02:35:05 AM »
I hope Franta's feeling better  :hug:  It may be worth just using a damp cloth to wipe around his head area if he's still a bit smelly or even some pet wipes from the pet shop or supermarket.  If he's still a little under the weather, he may have ingested some dirty water so it would be worth keeping a close eye on him.  If he's not eating properly and he has mouth problems, chances are this is what it's down to, Billy still has bouts of his Gingivitus flaring up and starts whincing when he needs treatment, I've mentioned to Sean about getting the rest of his teeth removed so the problem is sorted once and for all but I'll see what he says on his next visit  :tired:  Good luck with Franta and keep us posted  :hug:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2008, 00:56:26 AM »
Thanks for the PM Gill  and so pleased he is picking up.  I bet if he coud talk he would say..... "Just leave me alone, no need to fuss I just want a few quiet days"  :rofl: :Luv2:

Mary and Bonnie

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2008, 00:01:50 AM »
Glad Frana is feeling better  :)
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2008, 00:00:57 AM »
So glad Franta is better this evening and hope he has a good night :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2008, 23:50:34 PM »
Hi all, thanks very much for checking on Franta.

He seemed OK this morning so didnt go to the vets and he is better than he was, and smells better cos he has been cleaning, however am gonna speak to the vet next week cos he is not eating enough and he needs work done in his mouth and some tests. So reckon as soon as possible.

A bit worrying now cos he is 15yrs old and up until him being down at beginning of week he was being his normal terror self.

Its been raining again since this afternoon so guess we are under water again so I dont think he really wants to go outside, cos we will be under water again and full of puddles.

Think the water incident really shook him up.

Thanks very much for asking all  :hug:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2008, 23:36:47 PM »
Bless him, how is he ??
Hope he is feeling better and recovered from the bath .
Big  :hug: :hug: from us in Lincoln.
I bathed FiFi when i first got her as she was a bit smelly , a tomcat smell !!!
She was quite good considering i had only had her a day !

I had to Bath Sophies back end when i got back today - not a very clean bum , which meant i had to wash all round there , tail ,under tum and back legs as she had trod in it too  :sick:
She had a bit of a problem for a day and i gave her some protexin , will see how she is tomorrow , otherwise its the vet on Monday !
I really hope nobody heard her , they would have wondered what the hell i was doing to her , she was making a right racket, frightened all the others out of the kitchen and poor Smartie went off to bed !
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 23:39:02 PM by bunglycat »

Offline karenjet

• Distinguished Cat
  • Miss Jasmine <3 (R.I.P Special girl)
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2008, 20:43:01 PM »
Poor lil man. Hope he feels better soon.  :hug: to you both

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2008, 20:24:57 PM »
How is Franta now? I hope he is feeling better and happier.

Has he been eating more yet?
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2008, 11:46:57 AM »
Come on Franta :hug:
Love me,love my animals.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2008, 09:12:58 AM »
Hoping Franta's feeling more like his usual self today Gill  :hug:

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2008, 00:39:32 AM »
Poor Franta  :hug:  I hope he's better tomorrow and doesnt have to go and see the nasty vet.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2008, 23:15:25 PM »
Its since he had the water incident.

he had not been too good on Monday I think it was and had an appointmenet for tuesday but cancelled it cos he picked up again.

He is sorta improving a bit but right now I am still not happy with him.

he has had a mini bit of food and I saw him drinking this morning outside......I never see him drinking inside.

Still hoping that he will be Ok tomorrow but if not will have to go to vet.

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2008, 22:16:56 PM »
Hope he's ok,   :hug: Was he not quite himself before he fell in the water or is it since?

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2008, 21:31:15 PM »
I do hope so but am feeling its more than that. He is upstairs asleep for the last couple of hours and still not eaten.

I hope he will start to bounce back later tonight but if not we gonna have to rush to the vets tomorrow, they close at midday.

yes, do that Gill if he's no better, fingers crossed he picks up soon and please give him a cuddle from me x
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2008, 21:19:16 PM »
Hi Gill

Just got in and checking on Franta - has he not eaten all day?  Is he drinking?  Aw, I want to give him a cuddle.  Bonnie is so worried too.  I think you should go to the vet in the morning even if you don't need to hurry there.

Love and hugs

Mary and Bonnie xx  :( :Luv2:

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2008, 21:16:40 PM »
Just to let you know we're thinking about you Gill and hope Franta is just a bit cold and maybe sulking and that its nothing to worry about :hug:
Love me,love my animals.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2008, 20:39:10 PM »
I do hope so but am feeling its more than that. He is upstairs asleep for the last couple of hours and still not eaten.

I hope he will start to bounce back later tonight but if not we gonna have to rush to the vets tomorrow, they close at midday.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2008, 19:45:57 PM »
Prob the wash has made him a bit wary now, I'm sure he'll come round
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2008, 19:11:15 PM »
I went out a while back to look for him cos couldnt find him anywhere in the house........but couldnt find him.

Came back into the house to start another search and blow me he was sitting in a box under the kitchen table, he was hiding.

Well at least he was in!

Hope he is not hiding cos he feels very ill but will keep a watch on him.

I maybe am being taken for a sucker but just dont know.......sigh

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2008, 19:08:12 PM »
Hope Franta is all fine, and that its just the weather  :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2008, 18:39:09 PM »
Beavis always gets out of sorts when it gets cooler , or when it rains. And I am sure Franta is most affronted and being given a bath!

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2008, 17:26:23 PM »
Thanks Mary  :hug:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2008, 16:59:40 PM »
I swear it's the change in weather and dark nights that's affecting us all really  - I suppose you've tried toys etc.

Sorry, finishing work now and going for a curry so will be home late, I'll check on this post later.  Don't worry too much either cos they pick up on us too don't they?

Love and hugs to you both.

Mary and Bonnie xxx  :hug: :hug: :hug: :Luv2: :Luv:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2008, 16:56:57 PM »
i cant tell them anything , thats the problem, its just i feel that he is not quite right......but just dont know.

Link to CatChat