Author Topic: the age old insurance question...  (Read 6120 times)

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
Re: the age old insurance question...
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 09:51:21 AM »
I wouldnt recommend more than really. They are really expensive if you claim. I few years ago I claimed for Mogs and although it was only £75 ish in total and I didnt get it all back because of excesses my renewal went up by £5 a month. Last year I just paid for her tablets myself and the renewal went up by £2 so I dont beleive the excuse they gave of her age. On the positive side they are pretty quick at paying out.
Mogs is now 17ish and on life time medication and her insurance is £22 a month now with more than
Im not sure about now but Direct Line used to be a twelve month policy not life time. It may have changed but do check.
Amber is with Axa direct and is £7.60 a month at the moment she 10ish but Ive never claimed anything
Good luck
love
Tab

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: the age old insurance question...
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 00:53:16 AM »
Have you looked at AXA online, its only online.

You need to see how much they payout and whether it is a sum for an illness or for each illness and is that figure new each year of just once for the life of the cat. Do they cover dental treatment.......none I think will cover cosmetic treatment unless there is a medical reason but some dont cover at all.

Offline hannah (weeny)

• Honorary Cat
  • JASPER!!
the age old insurance question...
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 00:45:51 AM »
i know i know....  aaarrrrghhhhhhh  :Crazy:
but m&s just keep going up and up and up - - - not good!!

have filled in the forms on line and have done pet plan, more than and direct line - (in order most expensive first to cheapest) any of these that should be avoided at all costs?

thanks  :)

Link to CatChat