Author Topic: Heat pads  (Read 6489 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Heat pads
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2008, 19:18:31 PM »
I did that this morning much to Alice's disgust  :evillaugh: - and yes it was toasty  :)
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2008, 19:14:09 PM »
If you stick your hand between cat and bed when they have been there an hour or so its nice and warm  ;D Magoo loves his but still smacks me round the legs   :tired:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2008, 18:54:44 PM »
I suppose they prefer confined spaces although she used to stretch right out on the other bed.

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2008, 18:48:30 PM »
Well FiFi has been it for a good couple of hours - not sure if its the bed or the fact its put really close to Smartie :Luv2: :Luv2:
She is big, but seemed to curl up in it ok -so here''s hoping!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2008, 18:44:46 PM »
Well Alice likes hers. She was in it when I left at 8am this morning and when I got back at 6.15pm she was still in it  :evillaugh:

She has eaten and got back in it. I can feel a faint warmth but I assume a combination of that + bodyheat makes them comfortable?

She still has her old bed on the sofa but prefers the new one even though it is quite firm and small.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 18:53:54 PM by Mark »

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2008, 18:37:07 PM »
Hi,
My bed came today - well, its not really what i expected -it is small !!!!
I put a fleece in it and no-one seemed to be bothered - anyway, just looked and FiFi is in it - and she is a big cat !
I had visions of none of them using it - so, i suppose she went in , found out its warm AND its right next to Smartie ! :Luv2: :Luv2:

I hope they continue to use it - i thought it would be a bit bigger and a lot heavier ! :-:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2008, 22:35:54 PM »
I hope Smartie will go in it - he does like to squash in small beds and the one he is in at the moment is pretty big and i suspect he only likes it because its always warm !!

What i am hoping is -he will use the new one and FiFi can have the other one -she hasnt still got all her coat grown back yet .

That means there is still one with a heated pad in the bedroom and the igloo with the flectabed inside - thats 4 superwarm beds - 5 cats !- may have to buy another heatpad !- but i do have a snugglepad as well , hopefully they should be all warm and toasty this winter  ;D

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2008, 18:45:57 PM »
I'm not worried about leaving it on as I worked it out that if left on constantly, it cost about £2 for 5 months  :evillaugh: - It is thermostatically controlled so cuts out if it gets too warm.

The only thing I hadn't checked is where it was made - 3 guesses  :tired: - Not worth sending back but I will be even more vigilant from now on.

As you can see, they aren't that big. The photo on the box is a really young cat.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 18:49:46 PM by Mark »

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2008, 18:39:19 PM »
Hi Mark,
Thanks for the update - i am hoping mine will be here tomorrow !?
I will do the same -put it next to the other and then they can decide who prefers what !
The heat pad i have is on 24 -7 and it must be warm enough as Smartie is always in it !! ;D

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2008, 18:30:36 PM »
I put the new bed where her old one went and the old one next to it. She is happily snoozing in the new one now  :Luv2:

I think it does make enough heat to keep them comfortable. Also the firm pad which is a bit like memory foam is probably more comfortable - she is out for the count  :Luv2:
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 18:34:09 PM by Mark »

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2008, 11:57:45 AM »
Update

Someone from the gas showroom next door just knocked and asked if I am expecting a parcel as they have had it since last Thursday  :Crazy:

Anyway, It's quite firm and smaller than Alice's dog bed so I have just set it up next to her. I don't think it's fair to change her bed over suddenly. I can't feel the warmth but they say that is normal and that it only really heats where the pet is lying.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 12:06:40 PM by Mark »

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2008, 11:13:57 AM »
A week now and I'm still waiting. I's starting to get cold in the evenings so Alice could really do with it. I have sent them a message. I am giving up with eBay  :tired:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2008, 15:40:03 PM »
not until I've cleaned!!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2008, 15:36:26 PM »
I'm doing that tomorrow

Not showering?  :evillaugh:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2008, 15:35:58 PM »
We might be tempted to buy it as it will no doubt be reserved in the video shop for ages. We never got round to seeing it at the cinema.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2008, 15:34:33 PM »
I'm doing that tomorrow my house is like a tip and I'm even going to clean all the windows, then settle down to the SATC dvd which was delivered on monday!!!!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2008, 15:23:43 PM »
Disgusting I know but I am having a proper spring autumn clean today and didn't dare go in the shower in case I missed it  :sick:
- I will have one when I am done, honest!  :evillaugh:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2008, 14:46:37 PM »
Well, yours should have been with by now !
I suppose there is still time as they deliver up till 5-6pm .

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2008, 14:43:28 PM »
I paid for mine straight away (on the 20th) but still no sign  >:(

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2008, 14:22:09 PM »
I was a bit late in paying for mine as i had to wait for some money to go into my bank as ddn''t have enough at the time.
I am hoping it will come next Mon/Tues- not desperate as got 2 heated pads in beds - but Smartie gets out his and FiFi jumps straight in !!!

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2008, 12:37:25 PM »
I got the petsaver in the end (dispatched monday, arrived tuesday  ;D ) as its used by BSAVA, its doing a lovely job of keeping the old chap off the doormat and in his bed  ;D
My lot dont like walking past him to get in the house as sometimes he will try to grab them and its makes them jump  >:(

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2008, 08:13:43 AM »
I was going to post about the same thing as no sign of mine yet. OH was working from home Wednesday & yesterday so I hope it would be delivered. When I did the checkout, it said "ANC 4 day service" - I just hope they shipped on Monday. I thought 4 days would be worse-case. It's starting to get a bit cold in our basement but I can't justify leaving heating on all night just yet - or lighting the wood burner. It gets chilly as the front of our house is underground and we are 150 yards from the sea so the ground is damp.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2008, 23:35:49 PM »
Hi ,
Just wondered if you had got your bed yet Mark ?
Was wondering how long they took to send them thats all.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2008, 15:22:42 PM »
That's who I got mine from - If they both go wrong, at least we can badger eBay for refunds  :evillaugh:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2008, 13:01:52 PM »
Well, i bought mine off  ultimotive -he has good feedback , so hope its okay - not had many bad items from ebay - 3-4 probably over about 5-6 years .

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2008, 09:03:39 AM »
I just re-rad your previous post and realised it was a while ago they were £60  :-[

They are £50 on Amazon and £60 other places so hopefully are a bargain. I am also wary of problems buying off sellers on ebay if there are any problems.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2008, 22:27:34 PM »
I saw those too  a while back - i think i ask about postage -but was worried if anything went wrong .
These on ebay were in Your Cat mag a while back and they were around £60+  then .
I have just bought one from the same buyer i think- thought i ought to whilst i had some cash left from selling a PS2 console and speakers - just the games to sell now !
Also it seems to be the last small one left as well !
That should sort them out now -thats two beds with heat pads and 1 heated bed - there is also a fleecy igloo with a flectabed inside as well , so should all be warm this winter ! ;D
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 23:25:12 PM by bunglycat »

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2008, 17:48:52 PM »
The one I linked to is £29.99 buy it now + £9.95 postage. That item has finished but they have other listings for the same item. I just searched "Heated cat bed"

I have just ordered mine The postage is actually £8.95 and not £9.95 as stated. I hope it is as good as they say. It has orthopaedic foam to relieve pressure points for arthritis. Also good for cats like Alice who spends 22 - 23 hours in bed  :evillaugh:

They are called Dolce Vita beds in America. Look at their bed that heats or cools  ;D - It has a heater and a cooling fan  ;D - not cheap though.
http://www.dolcevitapets.com/product.cfm?pID=5
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 09:01:20 AM by Mark »

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2008, 17:22:31 PM »
I bought a round blue whelping pad and its been on constantly without any problems - i was going to buy that one on Marks link -but at the time it was over £60 and couldn''t afford it .
I might buy one of those now as i notice FiFi goes in Smarties heated one when she gets the chance !!
Then they can have one each - i think i paid  around £25 for the heated pad on its own -but its been a godsend for Smartie as he loves being warm and toasty  ;D
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 17:25:22 PM by bunglycat »

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2008, 08:40:32 AM »
We are going for the heated bed - It's not a lot more money than a heat pad. As it's a small dog/cat bed, Kylie can have her "Chillidog" bed back. I really want to get rid of the suitcase on the sofa in the kitchen she sleeps on now (it was her choice btw. She always found it. OH used the case for when working away - wherever it was put at the weekend, Kylie would find it and sleep on it  :evillaugh: )

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2008, 18:18:20 PM »
I think the RCD is a must with anything like that.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2008, 14:57:51 PM »
Thanks

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2008, 14:53:28 PM »
Shipping is £4 so it's £38 in total for the mat and first class shipping.
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2008, 14:38:28 PM »
I like the look of the pet saver type.

Lottie do you know how much p+p is from your link? Their prices excl vat so probably wont be much less than vet uk in the end  :(  i could shop through a link with vet uk

All our sheds are from the mains with their own RCD protection so i dont worry too much in that respect. ;D

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2008, 13:46:56 PM »
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 14:15:20 PM by Mark »

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2008, 12:42:35 PM »
Thanks - it looks like a green bin bag  :evillaugh: - I'm also concerned that it runs straight from the mains  :scared:

The Companion ones are much better - I will suggest getting one for Alice  :shocked:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 12:25:47 PM »
Thanks Lottie  ;D

Mark, wheres your link?  :evillaugh:

http://www.vetuk.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=73_325

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 12:23:05 PM »
I'll have a look through my emails to see where I got the one I use for kittens from as it was really good last year with prem kittens and has removable washable cover and has an adapter so you can plug it into car cigarette lighter for journeys to vets.

It was from Petnap, it's the vinyl heatpad http://www.petnap.co.uk/acatalog/Books.html#a30  If you look at bottom of the page there's a circuit thing you can buy to go with it.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 12:25:57 PM by Team Svartalfheims »
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 12:21:53 PM »
This "Constant Companions" beds looks good for £30 + £10 delivery. It is £50 on Amazon an £60 elsewhere. I like the fact that it is thermostatically controlled. Some of them such as the Catac aren't. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Luxury-Heated-Pet-Bed-for-Dogs-and-Cats-Small_W0QQitemZ300258224146QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item300258224146&_trkparms=72%3A12|39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
I like that it also has orthopaedic foam to reduce pressure points.

I can't see anything on VetUK  :Crazy:

Alice is hopping around the garden right now and I want to keep her like that  :Luv2:
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 12:27:26 PM by Mark »

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 12:12:10 PM »
Il probably end up just buying from vet uk, dont want to melt anyone with the cheap ones  :scared:

I dont mind snugglesafes but my dad broke the microwave plate and it just has a dinner plate in their now and the snuggle safe now has a slight hump to the shape of it so the microwave cant be heating as it should  >:( cant be spending £15 a month each time they start to melt  :tired:

Link to CatChat