Author Topic: Moggy or what?  (Read 6191 times)

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
Re: Moggy or what?
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2008, 22:45:25 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Marbled Bengal that "looks like a tabby".  :rofl: :rofl:

That'll be a tabby that was passed off as a marbled bengal then?  :rofl:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2008, 20:52:46 PM »

Offline barney

• Adult Cat
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2008, 14:14:54 PM »
Webbed feet or not my 5 moggies are priceless :briggin:

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2008, 18:08:53 PM »
bet she tells people the all white one is like a dalmation pup and willl develop its stripes as it gets older  :evillaugh:

:rofl: :rofl:

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Hannikat

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2008, 13:38:47 PM »
bet she tells people the all white one is like a dalmation pup and willl develop its stripes as it gets older  :evillaugh:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2008, 11:44:40 AM »
you can get all black bengals, think the term is melanistic, but they are very rare. Never heard of them coming in pure white though, she probably would have been better picking a different breed.
Please spay your cat

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
    • Post 14 Digital Motorsport Photography
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2008, 21:25:36 PM »
Just caught up with this thread and i found something a few days back that suggested her bengal was all white!! pedigree papers to be discussed.. Now i dont know much about bengals but do they come in all white..? cost was 200 quid.

Euhm, the whole POINT of the Bengal breed really is the strong patterning of its coat (spots, rosettes or marbled). They *don't* come in solid colours.

Which leaves me to think that a) the seller is totally ignorant of cat breeds and colours and b) she is using posh breed names to con buyers who are just as ignorant as she (or folks who are desperate for a bargain basement ped!)

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2008, 19:54:14 PM »
Just caught up with this thread and i found something a few days back that suggested her bengal was all white!! pedigree papers to be discussed.. Now i dont know much about bengals but do they come in all white..? cost was 200 quid.

Amazingly i also saw a 1/8 siamese in the adds the other day and the distinguishing fact was that it had blue eyes,... yours for 190 quid or two for 300, are these people morons or something. I wish i could of replied but i may of been banned from the site.

Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline Topsy Turvey

• Hero Cat
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2008, 09:59:58 AM »
Webbed feet  :rofl: and she probably thinks the kitten pack makes her sound better  :tired:

Sadly there are plenty out there who will fool for it  :evillaugh: a bengal with socks  :rofl: :rofl:

I have a bengal, a turkish van and a black oriental, their parents are 2 feral cats so dont have papers so im only asking £300 for the bengal and £350 for the other 2.
Pictures of the parents rear ends in the bushes can be supplied  :rofl:
Please email me on chavsmakingextraincome.@.ripoffmerchant.com
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: 

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
    • Post 14 Digital Motorsport Photography
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2008, 22:25:34 PM »
They look like a common "garden" moggie to me.

With respect to webbed feet, every cat has a fold of skin in between its toes. Just take one paw in hand and part the toes to see the web.

Spotted tabbies. Well, these are a variant of the mackerel (striped)  tabby, where the spots are just broken stripes. And this is the "default" tabby pattern in the domestic shorthair as it is dominant over the classic tabby (the one with the swirly pattern). So nothing ultra special there either.

The Bengal coat is very distinctive in texture, colour and pattern. It also gets passed down to some extent in oops litters but those kits are just bog standard tabbies. Also, the Bengly voice - once heard, never mistaken for anything else...

Anyone who knows anything about cats should be able to call their bluff, but of course, there are suckers who'll fall for this but as the old adage goes, caveat emptor.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2008, 20:30:06 PM »
 :evillaugh:

These cats are still for sale!

Wasn't the bacardi cat a silver BSH?

Yep! Theres a breeder near me who advertises her cats as 'whiskas cats' and 'bacardi cats'  that will really attract the right customers - they have researched their chosen breed by tv ads  :tired:
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 20:31:03 PM by Millys Mum »

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2008, 20:26:27 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: @ MM  :evillaugh:

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2008, 20:09:09 PM »
Wasn't the bacardi cat a silver BSH?

This would be funny if there weren't people daft enough to fall for it.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2008, 19:57:11 PM »
 :rofl:  MM esp bit about pics of rear ends in bushes  :rofl:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2008, 19:28:59 PM »
Webbed feet  :rofl: and she probably thinks the kitten pack makes her sound better  :tired:

Sadly there are plenty out there who will fool for it  :evillaugh: a bengal with socks  :rofl: :rofl:

I have a bengal, a turkish van and a black oriental, their parents are 2 feral cats so dont have papers so im only asking £300 for the bengal and £350 for the other 2.
Pictures of the parents rear ends in the bushes can be supplied  :rofl:
Please email me on chavsmakingextraincome.@.ripoffmerchant.com

Offline Shorty-Leanne

• Adult Cat
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2008, 17:18:37 PM »
 :-:
Right. OK. Nice, erm, Bengal  :evillaugh:

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2008, 15:51:23 PM »
but surely anyone with money like that to spend would go via a breed assocation wouldn't they???????

There are a lot of people who like to think they're saving a few squid and will consider these a bargain  :shify:

Offline Hannikat

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2008, 15:50:25 PM »
awwww what a beauty!!

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2008, 15:48:46 PM »
This is a Marbel Bengal  :)

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2008, 15:42:17 PM »
also what's that all about do not have papers - surely 3/4 bengal mum doesn't have papers either??

Exactly - and if Mum is 3/4 Bengal then the kittens are nothing but DSH. Yes the Barcardi car is a British shorthair. Is this woman for real.

I'll go check my 100% pure pedigree Bengal boys when I get home  -see if their feet are webbed for swimming  :evillaugh: -

Is is April 1st??????????????/

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2008, 15:36:39 PM »
Dave must be a rare beauty too, he has a spotty tum so hiding some Bengal genes. Honestly, some people will believe any old tosh if the person spouting it sounds educated enough.

I'm off to get £230 for my rare beauty.

(Only joking, Dave is all mine!)

Offline Hannikat

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2008, 15:36:00 PM »
3/4 same as 6/8  = divided by 2 = 3/8?      just a guess im not very good at maths but i enjoy a challenge

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2008, 15:31:57 PM »
It is amazing how many people think they are getting a Bengal cos they are tabbies!! She obviously doesn't know much about genetics either, i doubt mum will be 3/4 Bengal, I can't actually work out how that would happen, and that would be less in offspring, god knows what amount of Bengal they have in them - it is a very steep price. Would be interested in seeing a pic of the mum.
Please spay your cat

Offline Hannikat

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2008, 15:28:54 PM »
awwwww very cute though!!! if they are worth 300 quid I got a big bargin with my two! (FREE). people will believe anything. My OH came back from work last night after speaking to a non pedigree breeder (no really thats her 'official' job title) and he was being a proud dad telling her about our two babies. She told him bella was a rare beauty with definate pedigree roots as she had light brown eyes and because she's spotty is most definately part bengal. I mean really......and he believed her......bless

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2008, 15:13:18 PM »
oh he is neutered, he is three now

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2008, 15:09:36 PM »
A lot of breeders now withold the pink slip or certified pedigree (depending which registering body they are with) until a certificate of neutering is returned to them for the kitten but they must provide an accurate handwritten/typed pedigree at the time of sale and they then send the pink slip/certified pedigree to the owner as soon as the neutering certificate is received. Reputable breeders should be happy to show potential new owners the parents certified pedigree or pink slip to show that they are corrently registered.

Notice the person selling these kittens left out the "Dad is probably random stray potentially with FIV/FeLV/FCOV/ other unknown health issues so kitten may cost you an absolute fortune in vet bills"
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2008, 14:56:07 PM »
actually thinking about it I don't know why I am surprised I do know of someone who got a persian from a breeder with a handwritten pedigree but not the all important pink slip from gccf and he cost over £300

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2008, 14:51:07 PM »
also what's that all about do not have papers - surely 3/4 bengal mum doesn't have papers either??

Some BYB will just make up random cat names and present these as the cats pedigree and some have stooped even lower and have started taking stealing the pedigrees of cats from reputable breeders websites and passing these off as the pedigree for the moggy kittens as then if people buy these moggy kittens and google the names of cats in the moggy kittens fake pedigree then they come up online as they are real cats just absolutely nothing to do with these kittens :mad2:
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2008, 14:43:11 PM »
What is it that say on that t.v. programme Hustle? You can't cheat an honest person. As Mark says, a mug may think they are getting a bargain basement Aristocat.  :shify:

This isn't the first time that we've seen tabby moggies billed as Bengal crosses. The rules are quite simple... unless they have full pedigree papers they are moggies. Lovely moggies, soft, fluffly and cuddly... but still moggies!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2008, 14:42:48 PM »

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2008, 14:39:39 PM »
but surely anyone with money like that to spend would go via a breed assocation wouldn't they???????

There are a lot of fools around and even more skinflints who think they are getting a bargain. They are as stupid as she is greedy  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2008, 14:37:34 PM »

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2008, 14:37:00 PM »
Assuming this skank is telling the truth that the mum is 3/4 bengal.

Does that mean 3/4 bengal + moogie = 3/4 kittens?  :Crazy:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 14:36:19 PM »
yeah these tabbys are very cute but certainly not pedigrees. I've been reading a lot recently about people who are ripping people off by advertising very expensive kittens, maybe this lady has heard about this too! lol

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 14:34:38 PM »
I hate to say this but if they are part Bengal - I am the  :censored: Queen of Sheba.  They are super cute but £230 ??????????
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 14:32:44 PM »
If it wasn't so sad it would be  :rofl:  Anyway, looking at the photo of the tabby 3/4 bengal then I might see how much I can get for Lu  :evillaugh:

What's even funnier is she proudly claims 'they are a very popular breed of cat down to t.v. adverts like iams and bacardi both cats are bengals the bacardi cat is a marbled bengal and the iams cat is a spotted rosette bengal both really nice cats'

The Bacardi Breezer cat is a British Shorthair  :evillaugh:

Edit:  Hope you don't mind have taken out the link as we don't do links for that site.  Have posted the details of the ad and the pics instead  :)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 14:37:05 PM by Tiggy's Mum - Helen »

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 14:32:00 PM »
she's a tryer I'll give her that!!  do bengals have webbed feet, not sure my one has???????

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
Moggy or what?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 14:28:12 PM »
I came across this advert and leaving aside (if we can please as it's been done to death!  :innocent:) the debate about back street breeders, etc., can anyone tell me why on earth would anyone think these kittens are worth £230!!!  :Crazy: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

My cats second litter is ready for their new homes they are 3/4 bengals one boy and three girls, they are 8 weeks old, their mother is 3/4 bengal and can be seen. The first litter went very fast as they had white socks just like two of the kittens in this litter.They are lovely to look at and even have webbed feet (as they love water and to swim) they are very cheeky and playful and the most child friendly kittens you could buy as they have been raised around my six children and are used to household noises of everyday life,

They enjoy to play and cuddle up to you when they want to rest.They are litter trained and weaned defleed and dewormed, but they do not have papers

photos for the last litter and mother can be supplied if required and more photos of these kittens can also be seen

Each kitten will come with a starter pack which contains a litter tray and scoop,toys,food and drinks bowl,and first weeks food,also a cardboard pet carrier if required

bengal cats are a very nice breed with lovely markings they have webbed feet and love water so you need to watch the bathroom because if they see running water they will jump straight in so beware of the bath and toilet
they are a very popular breed of cat down to t.v. adverts like iams and bacardi both cats are bengals the bacardi cat is a marbled bengal and the iams cat is a spotted rosette bengal both really nice cats, the kittens i have for sale are marbled bengals,

if you are interested or have any questions please feel free to contact me, i am looking for £230 each but discount will be given if more than one is required

« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 14:36:05 PM by Tiggy's Mum - Helen »

Link to CatChat