Author Topic: Zoo plus problems  (Read 6121 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Zoo plus problems
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2008, 20:20:57 PM »
My refund came much quicker than that  ;D i reckon the orders go through as they dont verify with your bank whilst your sat there. Most sites verify straight away and decline if an error. Hope its all sorted out soon

Offline caledonia

• Hero Cat
  • RIP My beloved boys Bertie, Oscar & Edgar
  • Slave to: Nina & Rio
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2008, 20:10:15 PM »
Oh and they e-mail just now to say my refund will take 5-7 days to go back into my account!!! didn't take them long to take it off when they didn't have the item in stock!!!

It is not a lot of money but if it was, and if it was for my litter for example I would not be happy at all being charged for an item then being told it is out of stock and I had to wait near on a week for my money back!!
Love from Rachael & fur babies Nina & Rio

RIP Bertie 23/12/2007
RIP Oscar 31/08/2011
RIP Edgar 09/11/2011

Always loved, never forgotten

Offline caledonia

• Hero Cat
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2008, 20:07:41 PM »
I placed an order with them today which seemed to go through - then I just got this email. They expect me to check my card details (which are on file so the same as before)
Then I have to email them!  >:( - If there was a problem the order shouldn't have gone through!! - I will order elsewhere!!  >:(

Dear Mark Brennan,

Thank you very much for your order.

Unfortunately we have been unable to verify your payment details, so your order has been temporarily suspended.

Please check your credit card details under "my zooplus" on our website, change them if necessary and get in touch with us again by email. Otherwise, you are welcome to contact us on the following telephone number:  0870-964 0010 £ 0.067 / min (Mo-Fr: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm, except Bank Holidays).

We will then be able to continue processing your order immediately.

Kindest regards,

Your zooplus Service Team

Please do not reply to this message, as this notification-only account cannot accept incoming e-mail. To contact our Customer Service Team, click here: https://www.zooplus.co.uk/contact

EXACTLY What happened to me and started this whole debacle. In fact it was because I didn't want to use the Maestro I normally use and tried visa debit which didn't work so I then put back in MAestro details but had month wrong for expirey - however I also wondered how on earth the card went through in the first place as it should have been declined sttraight off given it was declingin my visa debit straight off.

I also was meant to e-mail them or call - there did not answere their phones all morning and then I e-mailed.

11 days after order and I am still dealing with it!!!

RIP Bertie 23/12/2007
RIP Oscar 31/08/2011
RIP Edgar 09/11/2011

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2008, 19:47:53 PM »
I realise now that I put in the wrong 3 digit number from the back of the card (from memory). Usually, if you do something like that, payment is declined until you do it correctly. I will just do the order again and the "on hold"  order can stay in limbo  :evillaugh: - I'm not messing around emailing them.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2008, 19:43:58 PM »
You have to check whats on record against the card you have in your hand, they cant do that!
Maybe theres a problem with the company they use to process card info  :-:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2008, 17:16:23 PM »
I placed an order with them today which seemed to go through - then I just got this email. They expect me to check my card details (which are on file so the same as before)
Then I have to email them!  >:( - If there was a problem the order shouldn't have gone through!! - I will order elsewhere!!  >:(

Dear Mark Brennan,

Thank you very much for your order.

Unfortunately we have been unable to verify your payment details, so your order has been temporarily suspended.

Please check your credit card details under "my zooplus" on our website, change them if necessary and get in touch with us again by email. Otherwise, you are welcome to contact us on the following telephone number:  0870-964 0010 £ 0.067 / min (Mo-Fr: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm, except Bank Holidays).

We will then be able to continue processing your order immediately.

Kindest regards,

Your zooplus Service Team

Please do not reply to this message, as this notification-only account cannot accept incoming e-mail. To contact our Customer Service Team, click here: https://www.zooplus.co.uk/contact

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2008, 20:40:22 PM »
I'm having a bit of a mare with zooplus at the moment but it's not all their fault.  it took ages to get payment for the order sorted out as I tried to do it by bank transfer (at the cost of £25  >:() and they kept giving me insufficient information, although my bank didn't help there by asking me for further information every time I went in to sort it out.  Eventually it went through but zooplus said that they had only received part payment.  Turns out it was due to the conversion into euros or something but they eventually said it was ok.  Then something was out of stock so they said they would send that on later.  I got the main delivery but parcelforce seem to have lost the 2nd one containging some bozita cartons and 2 bags of orijen so I still don't have that.  It's been about 2 months since I first put in an order!

Despite it all, I will still buy from them cos they are the only place I can get a lot of stuff from and I'm happy with the free delivery.  And most things do turn up ok.  I've been ordering from them for a couple of years now and the only problem I've really had (up until now) is a few dented tins due to their inadequate packaging.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2008, 19:51:21 PM »
They can refund to cards as did for me last week!
I had an annoying time with some dented tins, they asked me to send photos but the email had no reply and the contact form can only take text so i asked where to send the photos and got no reply. I contacted them again only for them to say there was absolutely no need to send photos in  :tired:
The cherry on the cake was i hurt my neck trying to take pictures at the best angle to show the dents in the tins!  >:(

Generally tho i find the service ok

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2008, 16:50:06 PM »
I have tried various clumping litters but always go back to chick crumb.  The onlhy other litter I would use is the Innovation Litter but with 6 cats and £30 a sack it works out too expensive
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2008, 12:21:03 PM »
classy cat is much better than tigerino I have to say but a quick google search seems to show that zooplus is the only place to get it

I just had a quick google too but can only find it at Zooplus, apparently it's a Canadian product so unlikely to be sold over here.

Dawn, Would you say Classy Cat tracks less than chick crumb?  I am a crumb fan but it does seem to track quite a bit and now that I don't flush there's no real benefit to using crumb for me. Was all set to get Tigerino but after yours and Mark's experiences don't think I'll bother!

I wish I could get whatever PAH clumping is but cheaper as it sets like cement - realy impressed  :)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2008, 12:17:13 PM »
no still tracks and because it is very fine gets kicked out of the tray as well - I only switched from crumb because I liked the idea of talc smell!!!!!!!  will be going back to it I think

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2008, 12:15:11 PM »
classy cat is much better than tigerino I have to say but a quick google search seems to show that zooplus is the only place to get it

I just had a quick google too but can only find it at Zooplus, apparently it's a Canadian product so unlikely to be sold over here.

Dawn, Would you say Classy Cat tracks less than chick crumb?  I am a crumb fan but it does seem to track quite a bit and now that I don't flush there's no real benefit to using crumb for me. Was all set to get Tigerino but after yours and Mark's experiences don't think I'll bother!

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2008, 12:09:02 PM »
couldn't you donate a couple and put it down to christain charity!!!  I'd stick with classy cat as it holds smells brilliantly but the clumps do break up a bit, am expecting this extreme stuff any day as I really want the powder smell as I am a proper girly!  I'm making the most of mil being there to get things delivered, blinds, books, all sorts!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2008, 12:04:47 PM »
Mark rates the pah one quite highly if I remember (though he is quite changeable!!  :evillaugh:)

You will never forgive me for recommending Tigerino  :evillaugh:

I am annoyed myself having 4 bags to get through  :Crazy:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2008, 11:57:55 AM »
It is good but about £5 for a tub. A tube = about 1/3rd of a 14kg bag of Golden Grey etc so the PAH one works out more than double. If I had one tray, I would use that but having 4 it works out expensive.

I am trying to find other suppliers but they all seem expensive and often charge postage. Most places sell catsan clumping. The cheapest I saw was on Petplanet - 3 bags for £13.95 which still makes it almost double the price of ordering from Zooplus. I have never tried catsan clumping but I bet it is good.

This is all a sore point with me as I am between changing trays at the moment - despite being told by OH not to exert myself in case my stomach hernia gets worse - but then if I don't do it.....................  :tired:
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 12:03:46 PM by Mark »

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2008, 11:53:54 AM »
Mark rates the pah one quite highly if I remember (though he is quite changeable!!  :evillaugh:)

Offline caledonia

• Hero Cat
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2008, 11:52:40 AM »
I do like Classy Cat but can it be got anywehre else ? Surely there is another source other than Zoo plus?

RIP Bertie 23/12/2007
RIP Oscar 31/08/2011
RIP Edgar 09/11/2011

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2008, 11:47:07 AM »
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 11:52:28 AM by Dawn F »

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2008, 11:46:16 AM »
I am also in 2 minds about ordering from them again. I posted a bad review for Tigerino last week and it still isn't showing so the 5 star review is "fixed" they show 5 people giving it 5 stars and one giving it 3 stars. My 2 star review isn't included. This is costing me time and money having to completely change trays every few days as the clumps disintegrate  >:(

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2008, 11:44:27 AM »
we use swift codes at work for direct payments to accounts - I must admit I wouldn't be happy myself

Offline caledonia

• Hero Cat
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2008, 11:39:45 AM »
Ok so as they took 8 days to deal with my order one of the items is out of stock!!! I am at the point of losing it now!!! Why you may ask - well after a lenghty e- mail apologising for my item being out of stock and listing what they had sent I noticed this

and I quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Kindly let us know your bank data (IBAN and SWIFT code) so we can arrange a refund. Unfortunately, due to technical reasons, we are currently unable to perform refunds to credit cards. The IBAN code corresponds to the account number for international transfers, whereas the SWIFT/BIC code is the bank identifier code for the same purposes. This information is available at your bank or directly on your account statement. Please ignore the original invoice you receive with your order. Of course, we will deliver your current order free of charge provided your original order value was above our free shipping limit. We apologize for this correction and hope that you are happy with your delivery. Thank you for your understanding. Sincerely Your Service Team

Can you believe this? They have taken the amount off my card, rather than send a subsitute they have decided to send nothing and I need to now e-mail them my IBAN and SWIFT codes for my account which I have bever even heard of!!!! So this will require a call to my bank!! I am speechless!

This was way at the bottom of a lenghty e-mail whcih I may have overlooked and more to the point, I love the fact they have pointed out that I will have free delivery...oh gee thanks.

I will NEVER use Zooplus again! Does anyone else know a stockist for classy cat litter?

p.s You can reply to some of their e-mails - some e-mails come with a 'no-reply@zooplus.co.yk' as the sender which you can't reply too but other e-mail I have been able to reply to and had a response.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 11:48:58 AM by caledonia »

RIP Bertie 23/12/2007
RIP Oscar 31/08/2011
RIP Edgar 09/11/2011

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2008, 08:30:26 AM »
fair point mm!  perhaps I'd better abide by my self imposed ban on zooplus!  Still found myself looking at it yesterday though!

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2008, 19:51:45 PM »
You cant reply to their emails, need to do that from their customer contact form. Glad you have it sorted now tho, they are probably running behind from all the orders me and dawn have placed   :evillaugh:

Offline caledonia

• Hero Cat
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2008, 19:54:20 PM »
I finally got an e-mail this afternoon apologising for all the problems and saying the card had went through fine and order would be dispatched soon! They obviously were open then - not sure what the problems with the phone lines were then!!

:Crazy:

RIP Bertie 23/12/2007
RIP Oscar 31/08/2011
RIP Edgar 09/11/2011

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2008, 16:45:53 PM »
I wonder if it is a holiday - I know Italy closes down for a couple of weeks in August - you can't get anything done, although I can't imagine Germany being like that you never know

Offline caledonia

• Hero Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008, 13:48:53 PM »
The plot thickens.

So I have tried calling them all morning and just keep getting a message to say I am calling outwith opening hours once the phone rings for ages.

They sent me an e-mail at 10am to say my card still was not recognised  - bearing in mind this is the card I have used for the last three orders!!

I then got an e-mail about twenty mins ago (I only checked my e-mail then so had them both!) which said thank tyou for your order - it is now being processed. I tried to call them to find otu what is happening - still ringnig out and then message sayign they are closed.

Now i can't get onto their internet site beyond the front screen - certainly can't get in to view my orders and it is not my internet or I wouln't be typing this!!  :Crazy: :Crazy: :Crazy:

My patience is wearing thin!!!

RIP Bertie 23/12/2007
RIP Oscar 31/08/2011
RIP Edgar 09/11/2011

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 10:39:23 AM »
Sorry you're having a bad experience with zooplus.  I have never had any problems using a visa debit card.

Offline caledonia

• Hero Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 10:26:52 AM »
I am slowly losing the will to live with Zoo plus. I sent them an e-mail and they have now sent another e-mail saying my card details are still wrong. I have now been trying to call them since 9am and the phone either rings out or at about 9.30 I eventually got a recorded message telling me that they were not open but were open 9am to 4pm central European time!! I was calling within those hours!!

Is there something up with Zoo plus just now?

I have now run out of cat litter that is only available through them and I am not very happy as I have no way of contacting them and my e-mail is only generating an automatic response!!

RIP Bertie 23/12/2007
RIP Oscar 31/08/2011
RIP Edgar 09/11/2011

Offline hOrZa

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 10:11:26 AM »
I use mine no problem

hth
Cats are like little bundles of razor blades wrapped in soft fur.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 09:54:48 AM »
I have a visa debit card and found the only way to use it is to select visa credit card to make it go through  :Crazy:

Offline caledonia

• Hero Cat
Zoo plus problems
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 01:05:24 AM »
Hello all,

Just wondering if anyone else had had problems trying to order on Zooplus using a visa debit card as opposed to a Maestro card?

I have both and have always used my Maestro but as I am a bit skint in Maestro account I tried to use my visa debit but it kept saying my details were not valid. I then put in my MAesto details and the order went through. I then got what I thought was my confirmation e-mail. However i just checked tonight and the e-mail in fact is telling me my account has been suspended as my card details provided were wrong. I checked and with all the chaging of details I had put my end date of debit card wrong by a month - silly I know but I was getting pretty frustrated by that time.

Anyway I have now had to e-mail them and my order has been sitting for five days not moving - and I have two hungry cats with litter about to run out and not looking forward to the treck to the shoprs to try and get some replacement litter and food in the meantime!!

RIP Bertie 23/12/2007
RIP Oscar 31/08/2011
RIP Edgar 09/11/2011

Link to CatChat