Author Topic: My brother's cat shot with air rifle  (Read 6006 times)

Offline Garfield&Gypsy

• Senior Cat
  • Garfield
Re: My brother's cat shot with air rifle
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2008, 19:08:26 PM »
How disgusting! How could anyone do something like that to an animal!  :censored: :censored: :censored:
Nicola, Chris, Garfield & Gypsy

I cannot deny that a cat lover and his cat have a master/slave relationship. The cat is the master.

Offline coffeefilms

• Adult Cat
    • Last of the Scottish Wildcats film website
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2008, 13:42:12 PM »
A lot of people have major issues, one day I'll catch one of them in the act...

People are sick sadly, I'm so pleased he is going to be OK though, best wishes for recuperation!
The Scottish wildcat film; www.coffeefilms.com/scottishwildcats
The Scottish wildcat website; www.scottishwildcats.co.uk
The Mid Kent RSPCA website; www.midkentrspca.com

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2008, 15:01:55 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline hOrZa

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2008, 21:57:09 PM »
Good to hear things are well :)

on a lighter note the human body can be made bullet proof once you get over 63 stone :rofl:

oh and pun intended :)
Cats are like little bundles of razor blades wrapped in soft fur.

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2008, 21:51:54 PM »
Thanks everyone for the kind wishes for puss ... luckily, being a 6.6kg fat cat, he seems to have been protected by his considerable stature and the outlook is good now the pellet is out.  I am paying him a get well visit later in the week though so will let you know!  ;D

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2008, 21:33:40 PM »
Poor little cat, hope there's no serious damage.  I find it genuinely sad that there are people out there who get pleasure from hurting another defenceless creature - makes me very angry too. 

Offline lucy

• Hero Cat
  • Xanthe
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2008, 21:11:04 PM »
What evil, nasty people there are out there.  >:( Glad your brother's cat should be OK though.

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2008, 20:03:26 PM »
OMG the evil :censored:  :censored:

Seriously if you find out who they are I'll sort them out quite happily and dig out their black hearts with a spoon the little :censored: :censored: :censored:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2008, 20:01:25 PM »
I'm inclined to agree with you Horza, in that if a person is taught to treat a gun with respect they would not be taking pot-shots at people's pets. Problem is, that they are too readily available to any idiot that wants to own one. Growing up in the country I know how to handle a gun and there are lots of circumstances where they are essential - but owning one when you live in the 'burbs is a complete nonsense and probably indicates that the person has it as a macho ornament rather than as a necessary tool for some of the grimmer aspects of rural living ...

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2008, 19:57:31 PM »
You do have a point, after thinking about your post

Offline hOrZa

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2008, 19:55:18 PM »
I'm with the gun people on this, guns don't harm, people harm wether its a airgun or a fork if people want to do harm they will. Banning something doesn't end it it just sends it underground look a gun crime since they were banned
Cats are like little bundles of razor blades wrapped in soft fur.

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2008, 19:48:52 PM »
So sorry to hear about your brother's poor cat. It really is  time to look at the whole bus. of air rifles >:(
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 19:56:20 PM by alisonandarchie »

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2008, 19:40:47 PM »
It never fails to amaze me, the utter lack of empathy that these sc*mb*gs at the bottom of the evolutionary ladder have.  I'm really glad puds is going to be OK .

Clumsiness is very under-rated, Sue  ;)  I wish I believed in karma, but I don't, except, I suppose, that people who hang out with the rotten ones tend to die by the sword they live by...

:hug:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2008, 18:53:22 PM »
This is so horrible when something like this happens.  It happened to Flynn, my Lost Boy.  I found a lump on his side, and when we took him to the vet, she said she was 98% certain it was an airgun pellett.  She operated, and it was.  I still have it.  He was lucky - because he was a plumptious little lad, it had prevented any serious damage to his ribs,heart or lungs, but it had me sick with shock for a good few days.

Am glad your brother's little lad is gonna be okay, and I hope the  :censored: who did it gets their just desserts.  And yeah - I agree, Karma will come good in the end.

Meanwhile -  :no no:  you are a clumsy bunch, are you not?    :evillaugh:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2008, 16:13:59 PM »
And as for all the evil cretins who shoot or throw things at animals, I do hope that they get what's coming to them one day, stupid  :censored: 

Karma always bites ya in the butt at some point, much like the other day when people got bombed after watching dog fights, serves them right i think.

Theo the thug came round earlier so we showed him the squirty bottle and he went next door, the man came out and started flinging stones at him and pursued him round the corner, its illegal to hit a cat with a weapon of any description isnt it? I'l have to find the cat law website....

Funny thing is it probably is theo crapping on his lawn  :rofl:

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2008, 15:54:18 PM »
Big confession time.... when we lived in our old house the neighbour hated animals and we actually caught him one day throwing half a brick at Elmore (my first cat) terrible thing happened a few weeks later a whole brick flew out of my hand and landed smack in his greenhouse  :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh: and it happened again when it got repaired :shify: :shify: :shify: he had a lovely garden but never did he have a single visitor.....I wonder why!!

Gosh, such a coincidence that you're hand happened to be clumsy twice  ;)  :evillaugh:

And as for all the evil cretins who shoot or throw things at animals, I do hope that they get what's coming to them one day, stupid  :censored:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2008, 15:52:42 PM »
Funny you should mention that, smudgepickles - when I was a child, I once caught my cranky old neighbour throwing a stone at our gorgeous ginger cat Rusty (RIP), who had wandered into their garden to investigate their prize roses.  Imagine the neighbour's surprise at finding said roses uprooted and lying in rows on their lawn when they arrived home from shopping later  :evillaugh:  My parents defended me vehemently, certain I would never have done such a thing  :innocent:  I admitted my crime to them when I was about 25 ... they laughed  :naughty:

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2008, 15:49:00 PM »
They are such  :censored: arent they..... put them all in a room with marksman pointing guns at them but dont let them know which are fake guns.........then give them one right in the butt as they are leaving.........hope your brothers cat makes a full recovery  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Big confession time.... when we lived in our old house the neighbour hated animals and we actually caught him one day throwing half a brick at Elmore (my first cat) terrible thing happened a few weeks later a whole brick flew out of my hand and landed smack in his greenhouse  :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh: and it happened again when it got repaired :shify: :shify: :shify: he had a lovely garden but never did he have a single visitor.....I wonder why!!

Dont know why my Mum brought me up to be posh it all went to bits the day someone messed with my animals  :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

xx

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2008, 15:39:42 PM »
I wondered too, BC ....  :shify:

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2008, 15:38:36 PM »
any keen gardeners - the sort that measure the spaces between each plant with a ruler?

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2008, 15:36:33 PM »
My poor brother didn't realise what had happened at first - he rang me and said it looked as though there was a hole in the cat's leg, so I told him to call the emergency vet, who confirmed there was a pellet lodged in there.  He's baffled - he's lived in that house for 15 months and says he's never seen anyone messing about with guns.

Offline pandapaws

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2008, 15:35:55 PM »
That's just disgusting behaviour. Some people have no hearts, or brains.  >:(

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2008, 15:32:18 PM »
how horrible - i wish they would tighten up on air rifles

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2008, 15:30:40 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: Dolcetta!

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008, 15:30:04 PM »
Not sure, MM - puss has access to the outdoors all day, and was fine when my bro left for work at 8am - but when my brother got home at 8pm, after going to football practice straight from work, it had happened - but even if it did happen after dark it would have been sometime between 5pm and 8pm, so hardly the dead of night.  It's not the nicest area but not rough either, which is always worrying as I start to think about my own cats ...  :scared:

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 15:28:58 PM »
Someone needs to sort out that :censored: in a just fashion... >:(

Hope the poor boy will heal soon, my positive vibes are flowing his way. :hug:

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 15:28:19 PM »
that's the problem with kids being given guns, any sort of gun. They aim for anything that moves, and I suspect in your area have probably never been taught to use it safely either ... >:( A friend of mine shot his sister in the eye with an air=rifle. She lost the eye, but luckily it missed any vital brain bits ...

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 15:26:16 PM »
That is terrible, I really hope kitty will be o.k, must be very traumatising for the little soul. Arghh people are so mean, who would do such thing?? It really saddens me.
Sending healing thoughts your way.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 15:26:05 PM »
 :censored: :censored: :censored:

Glad the poor chap is going to be ok.
Did it happen when it was dark?

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
My brother's cat shot with air rifle
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 15:14:14 PM »
Just to clarify - he's going to be fine, according to the vet - but yes, some  :censored: shot my brother's cat with an air gun on Thursday and he's had a large pellet removed from the part where his leg joins his body - i.e. probably not far from major organs.  Very upsetting for my brother - he lost his other two cats in RTAs last year and is going through a divorce at the moment so relies on his cat for companionship a lot.  He's a gorgeous cat (ginger and stripey and two years old) and I can't believe anyone would do such a thing  >:(

Link to CatChat