Author Topic: Dyson D16 handheld animal - but direct and get free accessories worth £22  (Read 4673 times)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Re: Dyson D16 handheld animal - but direct and get free accessories worth £22
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2008, 14:54:10 PM »
Talking of vacs - I have this picture in my porch and I just had to share it with you  :rofl:

Mary

[attachment deleted by admin]
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2008, 11:33:19 AM »
Mark go into currys or comet etc and have a shot of one first, you may or may not know connors obsession is hoovers  :tired:  so he was mucking around with one a few months ago and i was dissapointed by its fairly rubbish suction, ive yet to experience a hand held with good suction.

My animal ball by the way is still fab & i'd defo recommend it but my plug used to come out at the slightest movement of the flex aswell, if you look at it the pins are much shorter than normal so presumablely some safety thing but very annoying, it doesnt happen so often now , maybe i have just got into the knack of holding the flex at the same time as hoovering to minimise flicking it around.

I won't bother then Lynn - I was thinking about it this morning. I will see if Miele or Sebo do one - There's no point unless is does the job  :(
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2008, 11:22:33 AM »
Lets not forget after milkin the govement for tax breaks etc. he then took all the jobs abroad after they ran out :(

heh? What you on about?  Dyson?

Yes

My old "Made in England" Dyson DC1 was heavy but was excellent. I thought I was upgrading getting a newer one but don't think it's anywhere near as good. I wouldn't get another one.

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline hOrZa

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2008, 11:16:49 AM »

My animal ball by the way is still fab & i'd defo recommend it but my plug used to come out at the slightest movement of the flex aswell, if you look at it the pins are much shorter than normal so presumablely some safety thing but very annoying, it doesnt happen so often now , maybe i have just got into the knack of holding the flex at the same time as hoovering to minimise flicking it around.

Have you thought of replacing the plug?
Cats are like little bundles of razor blades wrapped in soft fur.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2008, 11:13:31 AM »
Mark go into currys or comet etc and have a shot of one first, you may or may not know connors obsession is hoovers  :tired:  so he was mucking around with one a few months ago and i was dissapointed by its fairly rubbish suction, ive yet to experience a hand held with good suction.

Offline hOrZa

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2008, 15:23:45 PM »
Lets not forget after milkin the govement for tax breaks etc. he then took all the jobs abroad after they ran out :(

Yes

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2008, 12:49:23 PM »

Offline hOrZa

• Honorary Cat

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Maybe not worth it - I can only justify spending that much if it earns its keep  :evillaugh:

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
I would think you might find the shape and size a bit awkward for sofas etc.
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
I have just got one Mark.  It is very good but the only drawback is that it does not last long before it needs charging again, I suppose that is the disadvantage of good suction, takes alot of power.  I would highly recommend it for little emergency jobs and quick whip rounds for five minutes but if you want it for anything substantial, dobn't bother.  Just about manages to do the stairs before charging.

I have a DC08 animal and I don't find it that great. They say it sits on stairs but I can't get it to - the plug keeps coming out of the wall  :tired:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
I though it would be good for sofas (we have 4  :Crazy:), dining chairs and fluffballs under sofas - and maybe kitties  :evillaugh:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
mmm I've been thinking about one of these but it is just for the stairs - maybe I should not be lazy and just get the sebo out more often!

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
I have just got one Mark.  It is very good but the only drawback is that it does not last long before it needs charging again, I suppose that is the disadvantage of good suction, takes alot of power.  I would highly recommend it for little emergency jobs and quick whip rounds for five minutes but if you want it for anything substantial, dobn't bother.  Just about manages to do the stairs before charging.
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline ChrisB

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Gizmo, Bubbles, Cleo, Daisy and Ellie
Go for it!  I recently bought the DC20 Animal stowaway which also has a small turbine head attachment for sofas etc. and it is brilliant.   I cannot believe how quickly and thoroughly it picks up the hairs.   Definitely recommend it.   I paid £215.00 just before Christmas from www.freenet.ltd.uk - was impressed with them too - I ordered it one evening, they phoned the next morning to confirm despatch and it arrived the next day.
Unconditional love is hard to find unless you have a cat

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton

Link to CatChat