Author Topic: Meet Sydney (and Aspen)  (Read 1353 times)

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
Re: Meet Sydney (and Aspen)
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2008, 18:13:45 PM »
Those are two beautiful cats, Ticky  :Luv:

Such sad stories but with such happy outcomes for both of them - and for you and your daughter  :)
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Ticky

• Adult Cat
  • Me and Sydney
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 16:58:51 PM »
Hi Ticky  :)

Your cats are lovely  :Luv2: it is good that you adopted Sidney after the loss of you friend (so sad), Aspen sounds a lovely character too I know what you mean abou gauging the fuss our Schui was very temperamental for the first 2 years, thankfully he has changed now!

Fortunately Aspen's temperament mellowed over the years.  When we first got her, she would set up ambushes around corners and attack us!  :rofl:
"The worst sin towards our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them, that's the essence of inhumanity." ~ George Bernard Shaw, Irish Playwright and Essayist

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 16:28:26 PM »
Hi Ticky  :)

Your cats are lovely  :Luv2: it is good that you adopted Sidney after the loss of you friend (so sad), Aspen sounds a lovely character too I know what you mean abou gauging the fuss our Schui was very temperamental for the first 2 years, thankfully he has changed now!
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 16:21:12 PM »
Ahh poor Sydney.  I'm sorry to hear about your friend .... it must have been really hard for Syd losing his carer, his sister and his home like that but he sounds like he is happy and healthy now and obviusly has his feet well and truly under the table  :Luv2:

Aspen is simply beautiful even if she is a bit feisty!  :rofl:  I'm not surprised you miss having her around.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Ticky

• Adult Cat
  • Me and Sydney
Meet Sydney (and Aspen)
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 16:07:46 PM »
Hi, I'm new here, but I wanted to take this opportunity to post pics of my owners and introduce them.  First, here's Sydney:

Some of you may recognize him from a picture Christine posted, asking if anyone knew if he was a ticked tabby.  (Thanks by the way, for the input and help.)  Sydney came to our home under rather sad circumstances.  He belonged to a friend of mine who had severe mental health issues.  One evening my friend took one too many of his anxiety meds and fell asleep with a pan on the stove.  This resulted in a house fire, which killed my friend and Sydney's sister Dorothy.  Fortunately the firefighters were able to retrieve Sydney from his hiding place.  He spent about a week in an animal hospital being treated for smoke inhalation and a burn in one of his eyes.  Fortunately for us now Sydney is fully recovered and healthy.

Now, meet Aspen.  She left our home about a month ago with my 20-year-old daughter. 

Aspen is an 8-year-old domesticated desert lynx.  She's packed with attitude.  She came to our home as a 6-month-old kitten from a local rescue group.  Someone found her and left her in the receiving room of a dog kennel.  As a result she learned to like dogs, which is kind of funny, because she hates everything else, including us sometimes.  She does the obligatory figure 8's around our legs in the mornings, and FALOPPPP on the floor for loves.  But you have to carefully gauge how long to love her.  If you love her too long, she bites and growls, but if you don't love her long enough, she'll come after your ankles when you walk away.  The rest of the day belongs to her.  She will occasionally allow a small stroke. 

We miss her, but we get pictures often from my daughter.

Oh, and in case you're tempted to ask how Aspen and Sydney got along, they had a love/hate relationship.  Aspen didn't particularly like Sydney's playfulness, as he took to chasing her around the house.  But the two of them could be observed sleeping inches apart on the futon in the living room.   :Luv2:

"The worst sin towards our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them, that's the essence of inhumanity." ~ George Bernard Shaw, Irish Playwright and Essayist

Link to CatChat