Author Topic: Chickiiiiieeeee!  (Read 2529 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Chickiiiiieeeee!
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2008, 18:30:38 PM »
I keep meaning to get them some rabbit to try, butcher never has any when i have been  :( they did like pigeon tho :drool;

When you do manage to get some, pllease can you make sure that it's shot wild rabbit - farmed rabbit is still called 'game' but rabbit farming is a hideously cruel life and death :(

Dont worry il be buying wild wabbit

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2008, 17:15:15 PM »
Whenever Zephyr has raw chicken he spends so much time running round growling it's a wonder he has time to actually eat it  :rofl:  He growls the whole time he is chewing it ... it is soooo funny!!!!!!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 22:59:09 PM by Sam (Fussy_Furball) »
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Geoffrey and Milly
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2008, 17:10:32 PM »
I keep meaning to get them some rabbit to try, butcher never has any when i have been  :( they did like pigeon tho :drool;

When you do manage to get some, pllease can you make sure that it's shot wild rabbit - farmed rabbit is still called 'game' but rabbit farming is a hideously cruel life and death :(

Offline koscha (Ruth M)

• Hero Cat
  • Meowmy to Kelirehenna, Rincewind & Zeratul
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2008, 23:43:25 PM »
Rooooaaaaaar  :scared:  Wouldn't like to meet him in a dark alley, he looks ferocious - I like the way how his sister is sitting in the background with her paws crossed  :Luv2:

Erm....thats his BROTHER  :evillaugh:
RW turned his nose up, but being a true greedy guts couldn't walk away thinking he was missing out  :naughty:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 23:08:19 PM »
Rooooaaaaaar  :scared:  Wouldn't like to meet him in a dark alley, he looks ferocious - I like the way how his sister is sitting in the background with her paws crossed  :Luv2:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 20:23:06 PM »
He will have lovely teeth  ;D
My cats get organic chicken because as a vege i have issues with their raw being raised nastily, the bones are still soft enough for them to eat.

Offline koscha (Ruth M)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 18:16:03 PM »
Cheers BC, i'll stop chasing him round the house then. Though RW will follow him round..Z growls at him with his mouth full!  :naughty:

He is enjoying himself, he has a serious addiction to chicken, he'll do anything to get it and then it's snatched from my fingers with no regard! The amount of times i've threatened to put him on 'cold turkey' (yes terrible joke I know  :tired:) beggars belief  :evillaugh:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 18:09:30 PM »
If it is raw chicken bones are not that big of a deal, particularly if it is shop=bought (as opposed to organically raised) chicken. The problem with chicken bones is that when they are cooked they tend to splinter in to sharp shards, but raw, and not organic, the odds are the poor little things will have grown so rapidyly their bones will still be very soft and quite safe for animals to eat. I feed Shadow chicken carcases for his teeth and likewise the cats get chicken wings. They eat the lot ...

He looks as if he is having a great time - I say let him go for it.

BTW> The vet I used to work for mentioned on more than one occasion that since KFC had opened in the neighbourhood (that was back when they were a rarity) there had been no increase in cats choking on bones. Considering the number of discarded cartons with bones, and the number of pet cats allowed to roam at night, I think that is a fair indication of the level of risk.

Also when that particular point of view was established, chicken was eaten after they had slowed down laying (i.e. around 4 years old) - i have the recipe books to prove it. These days they are slaughtered around 16 weeks, which makes a considerable diffference to the toughness of their bones. Let him enjoy himself, I say. ;D

Offline koscha (Ruth M)

• Hero Cat
Chickiiiiieeeee!
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 18:00:13 PM »
Just thought i'd share a few pics of Z and his first experience of a raw meat meal...

Z has a serious Chicken addiction and it shows! RW and Keli turned thier noses up (until it was cooked) but Z will take it in any form!  :Luv:

The only problem is having to chase him round the house to make sure he does'nt eat the bones  :shocked:

Bless!  :Luv:

Link to CatChat