Author Topic: A faithful old friend...  (Read 2034 times)

Offline Clivey

• Kitten
Re: A faithful old friend...
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2008, 13:04:35 PM »
Thank you everyone for your kind comments and thoughts.  We all have our special companion and confidante in our cats, and the message I want to say is that even when they have gone, they leave something very special with us.  I find it a great comfort to know that Sam will always be there, in the garden, as always, snoozing under the bush!

Kindest regards

Clive.

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2008, 20:09:02 PM »
that is such a lovely story... I think its always comforting to think or feel of them being close.

welcome to purrs!
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2008, 11:28:30 AM »
A gift from Sam, that's for sure   :hug:

Remember Our Love

I was chosen that day
I'm learning to fly
the world took me away,
but please don't you cry

And I chose you today
to try and be strong
so please don't you cry
and don't say that I'm gone

When you're feeling alone
just remember our love,
I'm up near the stars
looking down from above.

Remember our love
In a moment you'll see
that I'm still here beside you
when you're thinking of me.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2008, 07:40:32 AM »
Hi Clive  :) what an emotional story, Sam sounds a very special kitty  :Luv2:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 02:04:29 AM »
 :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 15:21:19 PM »
Hi Clive and  :welcome: to Purrs,

Sam sounds like a very special furbabe (of couse he would be with a name like that  ;) ).

What a amazing thing that the ivy has grown like that but what a lovely way to remember your furry mate.

Thanks for sharing

Sam xx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Clivey

• Kitten
A faithful old friend...
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 13:38:00 PM »
Hi everyone – my name is Clive and I would like to share a very special and unique experience with you all.  Until recently I had a faithful friend in my old cat Sam.  He was a black, half-Persian with emerald green eyes.  We were together for fourteen years and during that time he was my most faithful companion.  But most of all he was a happy and carefree fun-loving puss, even in old age. He brought laughter into my home, into my life, and of course, he loved me too.

Two years ago, Sam was diagnosed with an illness.  I was stunned, saddened and yes, heart broken that we would be parting.  I cared for him in his last few weeks of his life, and during the final few days took time off work to be with him.  I was with him when he passed away and now he is safe from harm.  On the day I buried him I planted a small piece of ivy on his grave in the garden.  I honestly couldn’t think of anything else to plant, as I was still feeling so numb with his passing.

A few weeks passed and one day my elderly mother visited my house and remarked how she thought the small sprig of ivy was beginning to resemble the outline of a cat.  I dismissed her comment, thought how absurd, and thought nothing of it.  Yet, slowly, surely, over the ensuing months and to my entire family’s amazement… well you can see for yourselves with my photo.

I am not in any way a religious person… in fact I am an atheist.  I merely write these words to share them with you as an honest account of what happened.  I now keep the shape trimmed as the outline you see is the perfect shape of Sam…even his wee hump back can be seen.   It’s made me think deeply about life after death… perhaps Sam’s love transcends the afterlife, who knows?

I have one more experience to share with you today too.  On the day I buried Sam I felt emotionally drained and decided to go to bed early.  Getting changed I had the radio on and the very first song I heard was “Somewhere along the way someone waits for you” by Cathie Ryan.  I have never heard such a beautiful song and voice and song, and I just broke down crying!  Please do not think of this as a sad story anyone, I can see Sam everyday from my window, and I know he is with me and telling me he's okay. 

In memory of Sam.

Link to CatChat