Author Topic: Story of our family ferals and cats  (Read 1672 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Story of our family ferals and cats
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2008, 19:46:44 PM »
Love the pic of Old Tom showing the kids how to use the ladder!

Offline Baggy

• Hero Cat
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2008, 16:38:49 PM »
Surely the story doesn't end there though?  We know about The Proot, and Dinah - what about the cats in between?  ;D
Well, somewhere I have pics of Mother Cat and numerous more kittens, and then there's Kit, Dalby, and Pumpkin, more family cats.  Shocking as it is, I lived in a catless condition for 9 years :what: until the Proot adopted me.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2008, 14:13:05 PM »
A beautiful family  :Luv2:  Surely the story doesn't end there though?  We know about The Proot, and Dinah - what about the cats in between?  ;D

Offline sazkat2

• Senior Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2008, 10:31:16 AM »
What a great story and they so lovely  :Luv2:

PLEASE GIVE A BLACK CAT A CHANCE LOTS ARE LEFT IN RESCUE JUST BECAUSE OF THEIR COLOUR.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 09:49:37 AM »
 :Luv2:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 08:58:01 AM »
 :Luv2:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Baggy

• Hero Cat
Story of our family ferals and cats
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 22:42:22 PM »
Have been meaning to post this for ages after I found some old photos. Hope some of you will enjoy the story  :Luv:
My Mum and Dad live in a (crumbling) old house with a boiler room which had a very old (Edwardian!) cat flap in the door.  One day my brother found a tiny kitten abandoned in some old netting out there.  That's how Cheddar arrived into our family  :Luv: We knew nothing about cats...

She used to sleep in my Mum's old shopping bag and woke up every day 5 minutes before I came home from school  ;D

After a few months Old Tom and Mother Cat, her feral parents moved into the boiler room...back in the 80's and new to cats we had no idea about how to neuter ferals, so more kittens arrived quite soon.  Old Tom was an excellent Dad and always looked after his babies  :wow:

He and Mother Cat provided many kittens for us to re-home, and to try and keep (awww, please Mum, juuust one more  ;)).  Sadly Cheddar died from a rare virus aged 18 months  :(

Cheeky then tugged at our heartstrings...

She was always small, cute as a button and a little bit wild, but very clever and *always* getting into trouble.  She was always kind enough to take time out of her busy schedule to scratch or bite you  :evillaugh: and lived to be a grand old lady of 18.

Over time Old Tom became quite tame, and we knew a bit more abut cats by then, so he had the snip. Sadly Mother Cat was as wild as they came and *knew* the very second we put food out with a sedative and avoided about 20 traps in her time! Once Tom was sorted she occasionally had a litter of kittens, and she, Old Tom and their son Little Ginge (a big softy who became very tame) lived their lives out in the boiler room.

Wonderful cats, every one of them  :Luv:

Link to CatChat