Author Topic: Taking my BOY back to the vet tomorrow for x-ray/RIP sweetheart  (Read 90580 times)

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
Re: Taking my BOY back to the vet tomorrow for x-ray
« Reply #665 on: July 09, 2008, 10:14:06 AM »
Thankyou every one. :hug: :hug:

Boy appointment was last wednesday but then some one parked their car right out side our drive so i couldnt get out >:( and had to cancell.

We are just back and Caroline decided not to do a blood test today , in last 7 weeks Boy has lost only 100 grams :-: so now he is 7 kilo and 340 grams, we thought by cutting down his steroids he might loose some weight but i told her it hasnt made any difference he still eats loads, so she said not to leave any food out during the day for him , which i am going to try and see how it goes, he wont be happy , but he needs to loose some weight.

Thankx again for all the well wishes.x   

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #664 on: July 09, 2008, 09:43:50 AM »
Sorry Pav hadn't realised BOY was back at the vet today.  Best of luck to him :hug:

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #663 on: July 09, 2008, 09:15:16 AM »
Way to go Mr Tramp!  So pleased he's back again  :wow:

Good luck at the vets with BOY  :Luv:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #662 on: July 09, 2008, 09:07:20 AM »
:yayyy: Pav that's wonderful news, so pleased Mr Tramp is back.  :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #661 on: July 09, 2008, 08:40:13 AM »
So glad Mr Tramp is back!!! Good luck also with BOY Pav!  :Luv: :Luv: :hug:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #660 on: July 09, 2008, 07:58:06 AM »
I Am glad he has come back Pav, and good luck with him. Hope everything goes well with Boy today.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 07:58:44 AM by Desley (booktigger) »
Please spay your cat

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #659 on: July 09, 2008, 06:14:09 AM »
That's wonderful news Pav I am so glad he has come "home" to you.  Little fella loves you in his own way.  It would be great if Dawn could catch him and take him somewhere warm and safe. 

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #658 on: July 09, 2008, 00:55:08 AM »
Okay hun, we'll have a chat next week sometime  :hug:  :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #657 on: July 09, 2008, 00:51:40 AM »
Dawn, last year when you offered to help i said no cos i didnt want him to go any where, but TBH i dont want him to go through another cold and wet winter, because i know like last year every night that i feed him and come to my flat and see my little guys in a nice worm bed i will feel guilty that he has to stay out there in cold  :(, and also he is geting old now so i well come any help, may be we can discuss this next week when you are little bit less busy. Thankx :hug: :hug:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #656 on: July 09, 2008, 00:42:56 AM »
I'll come down late afternoon or early evening so that's not a problem, I would love to get this little man sorted and as I've said, I'm busy next week but the week after, I'll get something sorted  :hug:  :hug:  I can class this as me time  :evillaugh:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #655 on: July 09, 2008, 00:40:42 AM »
Awww Dawn, that is so sweet of you, as you dont have enough to do at the moment.  :hug:
He does come late at nights , so you need more than a day,

But then you said in one of your posts you thinking of taking a week off  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #654 on: July 09, 2008, 00:32:48 AM »
I havent been following this but I can see its been going on for a long time. I hope you and Boy are keeping fine.  :hug:

I would put some wormers in Mr Tramps food, he will probibily have worms.

The stray I used to feed I put worming tablets in a small amount of food so I could tell if he had eaten them. I knew he would be back for more so I didnt feel guilty for only giving him a small amount the first time.  ;)
Thanks, i do give him worming tablets he had his Milbemax, 7 weeks ago just before he disapears, and once or twice i managed to put some drop on him for fleas i know it dont help cos i dont know where he sleeps and if he has sores some times i manage to put antibiotic cream on , i even read few months ago about this brush which Gillian suggested to remove mated fair and i ordered it on line but he wont let me use it.x

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #653 on: July 09, 2008, 00:29:27 AM »
My car is being serviced the next few days, and I've got some running about next week and vet visits but if you want, I'll try and get over the week after for the day and we'll try and get him.  What do ya reckon   :Luv2:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #652 on: July 09, 2008, 00:26:47 AM »
Thanks DD, I just wonder where does he go for so long ? THis is not the first time, few years ago he disappeared ! Well the main thing is his back now and on sunday is mayhew opening day so i am going to ask them if i can borrow their trap one more time and try to see if i can catch him :innocent:

ccmacey

« Reply #651 on: July 09, 2008, 00:25:41 AM »
I havent been following this but I can see its been going on for a long time. I hope you and Boy are keeping fine.  :hug:

I would put some wormers in Mr Tramps food, he will probibily have worms.

The stray I used to feed I put worming tablets in a small amount of food so I could tell if he had eaten them. I knew he would be back for more so I didnt feel guilty for only giving him a small amount the first time.  ;)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #650 on: July 09, 2008, 00:23:35 AM »
Pav, one of these days, I'm going to come over and we'll get the little monkey sorted  ;)  If I hadn't got to go to Manchester tomorrow, and my car had have been serviced, I would have set off tonight with my trap in tow  :evillaugh:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #649 on: July 09, 2008, 00:21:19 AM »
Thanks Gill  :hug:  Me too, i had such a bad week and now seeing him made it all go away. Oh only if he would let me help him..sigh

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #648 on: July 09, 2008, 00:18:13 AM »
Awwww Pav, that is fantastic news, I'm over the moon that the little fella is okay  :Luv2:  :Luv2:  :Luv2:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #647 on: July 09, 2008, 00:16:23 AM »
Yessssssss Mr Tramp is back  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Maybe he got shut in somewhere or somebody tried to trap him but I feel so happy that he is back  :hug: :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #646 on: July 09, 2008, 00:14:59 AM »
Just thought i share this, i went little while ago to put the food out for the foxes and saw this little face under the car , Mr Tramp is back and he was waiting  :)

I really thought i will never see him again is been 7 weeks and in last few days they are 2 cats missing in our road,  there are signs every where, and this evening i was teling a neighbour its odd that 2 cats are missing almost at the same time , i  do wish i had a trap tonight cos he was starving and as soon i came back with fresh food he came out from under the car hissing at me and then started eating and just wouldnt stop i tried to touch him to see how is his coat but he kept spiting and eating, so i just sat there to make sure he doesnt get disturb , oh it made my day seeing him alive , his lost some weight but didnt look too bad i try in next few nights to see if i can get closer to check him. :Luv: Better go now have to wake up early to take Boy back to vets tomorrow.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #645 on: June 30, 2008, 23:56:29 PM »
So sorry to hear that Phoebe is having probs and hope that vet can find a way of helping her  :hug:

I also hope that Mr Tramp has found a permanent home and is nice and safe and being looked after well.

Hope that Boy had not put on any more weight but the main thing is he is eating, happy and contented  :hug:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #644 on: June 30, 2008, 22:13:02 PM »
Sorry to hear about Phoebe Pav, hope the vet can sort something out to help her.  I too hope Mr Tramp has found somewhere good and will visit you again to let you know he is all right.  Looking forward to a positive update on BOY and you take care of yourself.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #643 on: June 30, 2008, 21:58:18 PM »
Aww, poor Phoebe Pav - I wonder if it is some kind of hayfever type allergy, I know i have been bad today with mine. Fingers crossed for Wed.
Please spay your cat

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #642 on: June 30, 2008, 21:52:58 PM »
Hi Chrissie, Thankyou for asking, i will update about Boy and his condition after his visit to vets this wednesday, i am hoping that he hasnt put any more weight on since 5 weeks ago when his medication was reduced, i will only know when we go on wednesday for more blood test and everything else.

Sadly i havent seen Mr Tramp since 4 weeks ago , i remember cos when i was in vet 5 weeks ago i got Milbemax for him and managed to put in his food and watched him eating t and since then he came one more time and that was it, i just pray that he has a better place and some one whi is feeding him and hope that h visits again.

Phoebe is not well, and this morning when she came  back from the garden her face is worse :( all around her eyes are red and very sore, it was the same last year at this time i think Ruth remembers i dont really know what else to do, 3 visits to vets every possible test done and every time they say some thing different, its an allergy but no one can tell me what kind or to what? She also has scabs and scratches her self so bad, i am going to try and see if i can sedate her and take her on Wednesday before taking Boy :tired: I feel so sad looking at her, they might give her steroid injection again but it doesnt last long.
I update once i know more.x Thankx

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #641 on: June 30, 2008, 08:09:37 AM »
How are you all doing Pav?  Did Mr Tramp come back?

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #640 on: June 13, 2008, 19:10:21 PM »
I do hope this vet will learn , they should understand that what effectively is a domesticated wild animal will be scared. and I would be scare to if someone tried to do something to hurt me. Also the past history of the cat should be taken into account.

We try so hard to do what is right and it so upsets me when vets dont have the basic understanding about animals.

Lots of cuddles and strokes to  the PurrBoy and to you Pav  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #639 on: June 13, 2008, 18:08:41 PM »
Oh,  :hug: Pav.

I dont have anything to add to what others have said but just wanted to wish BOY and you well  :hug:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #638 on: June 13, 2008, 11:29:49 AM »
That is an awful picture in my mind "a cat with a muzzle on"  :( Sending positive vibes to BOY and yourself~~~~~ :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #637 on: June 13, 2008, 08:05:58 AM »
Poor BOY.  I never knew a cat muzzled before either.  It's a difficult one as we worry when they lose weight and we worry when they gain too much.  Perhaps Desley's suggestion of senior food might help?  Does he exercise much?  I know when my daughter had to have steroids for a while she put on so much weight it made her unhappy.  I hope you can find a happy medium for him.

Any news on Mr Tramp Pav?

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #636 on: June 13, 2008, 07:47:51 AM »
 :hug: Give the purrpot a cuddle from me hun. xx

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #635 on: June 13, 2008, 07:42:32 AM »
Aww, poor Boy, I do hope you can find something that will help his weight - might be worth trying him on Senior food, as that is lower in calories, and I have had success with weight loss while cats here have had it (which is why my oldies dont get too much senior food, as they do lose weight, and Molly doesn't need to lose that much weight)
My vet muzzled Pebbles once, we had both had a nasty bite off her though, and the vet wasn't sure if she was going to allow the treatment she needed, and she didn't want to have to hospitalise her, as she wasn't very nice when she was in for her amputation. It might be worth asking if your vet can use anasthetic gel on his neck in future, that is the only way they can get blood out of Molly, and it is nicer than a sedation, as they do have risks. Shame they can't realise he is such a nice cat though.
Please spay your cat

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #634 on: June 13, 2008, 02:20:59 AM »
I know Gill, it was first time for me aswell to see a muzzle on cat and i dont know if i should say funny or sad enough the nurse didnt put it right on Boy so not only they realized he couldnt breath but then it was the vet which couldnt take the blood cos it wasnt done proper :scared:, it was me who told them i dont want him to be sedated cos the time before he didnt have a good reaction to it once they reversed it but i really dont think for blood test you need sedation specially with a cat like Boy , if its Phoebe i undersatand cos i have to sedate her at home before even picking her up and that is cos i dont want her to heart her self not because of me getiing attacked but sadley in December when Caroline took Boy for the first time to this new surgery it was an emergency and she was fine at home with him but when she left him there over night the vet was attacked by him and Boy has a history of being kicked and badly treated by his very first owner which was a guy >:( :( Thats why when i adopted him 8 years ago  was told he needs a home with no men , no kid, no other dogs or cats, he is fine now with all creatures big or small :) but i think first night in the vet he was scared and the vet which was a guy approached him and scared Boy so Boy attacked him and since then he has a bad reputation in that place,i do think if you are a vet you should expect things like this but he was really upset and told me Boy was aggresive but i told him he was scared, so basicly no one likes to handle Boy even he has the biggest purr :Luv:  That is what i really miss about my old vet but sadly his surgery made the mistake and started the whole thing.
Yes Gill for x rays i always had my cats sedated and my old vet use to wear this big gloves to handle Phoebe , like gardeners gloves :evillaugh: and Sasa and Phoebeare a bit similar except Sasa dont heart you but Phoebe does me ;) except i realised if she is really scared in vets she freeze?
Any how i will never allow a muzzle on my cats again , that was the first and last time and i am glad i was there toseeit, it makes me wonder though what happenes when they take them away and we are not there to see if they are sedated or wrapped in a towel or muzzled :(
Thankx to every one again for being here for Boy and me . :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #633 on: June 13, 2008, 01:41:42 AM »
Oh poor Boy.......I have never heard of a cat being muzzled, doesnt sound right to me  :(

Why not sedate him , surely it doesnt take much for a blood test. They shouldnt be scared of cats cos thats their job and they should know how to handle them.

I know Sasa bit the new vet she saw when she was ill before Christmas and they sedated her to have xrays and be examined properly, she only bit him cos he hurt her when he was trying to find out where she was hurt......I know she hasnt got Boys health probs and prob they need more sedation for xrays. I turned away and she jumped off the table but they allowed me to get her back into her box before sedation and she wouldnt hurt me but is just scared of people.

I also heard my vet after he had been bitten by a cat and he said it was all in a days work and he is so good with Sasa.

I bet Boy sounds great with his purring  ;D

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #632 on: June 13, 2008, 01:14:11 AM »
Thanks Gill :hug:

Yes i do believe in quality of life as well , but at the same time i do feel bad that she has to cut his medication in order for him to not put any more weight on, but as mentioned a while ago there is no cure for Boy so i do try to keep him happy and give him the best i can , he does get all the love and attention and care but he does love his food and i dont think its right to take that away from him. Bless him , he is just a big teddey bear, he has the loudest purr and gets louder if he sees a brush or bowl of food  or a hand to stroke him:) When i take him to vets even though he is covered with a towel the nurses recognize his purr . I have to say one thing that really upset me last time was i aske d not to sedate him for blood test but since he attacked a vet the very first night in that surgery he has a bad reputation so they decided to put a muzzle on him and that was really upsetting cos he couldnt understand why and then two nurse came to hold him and i said to them if they only let me hold him but they said no , thats when i was standing there thinking is this right? Well i have to say we do what we think is best for them cos we love them and i do hope they understand we mean well. :hug: :hug: 

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #631 on: June 13, 2008, 00:27:49 AM »
I do hope that Boy stops putting on too much weight but I wouldnt give him food he doesnt like cos he needs a quality of life and am sure with all his meds his food is very important to him.  :hug: :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #630 on: June 13, 2008, 00:25:05 AM »
Hi Chrissie,

Thanks for asking about Boy :hug: We went to see Caroline few weeks ago and after the test results were back Caroline decided to change his thyroid tablet from orange one to pink which is weaker so in that respect he is doing ok but sadly he is putting on so much weight which is really not good for him and she think is cos of prednisolone(Steroid tab) so she said to cut them from 2 a day to 1 1/2 and then 1 after a month and gradually to one every other day and she said i have to understand that this is going to effect his treatment but at the same time putting on so much weight is not healthy so end of the day is best carry on with less medication and see how it goes But he still takes his chemo tablets twice a week, she also told me since he is not eating his diet food D/D Venison, then i should give him the food that he doesnt like so he eats less!!!
I do understand that steroid gives him a big appetite but i dont understand the logic of giving him a food that he doesnt like in order to make him eat less :Crazy: I think he will still be hungry so? Its just so hard to do the right thing with lymphoma and IBD which means the right food going through his system makes a difference but he is not having it.
His next appointment is in July, i do hope we see some change in his weight and see how every thing goes.

Thankx  :hug:   

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #629 on: June 12, 2008, 22:49:31 PM »
How are you all Pav?

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #628 on: May 07, 2008, 06:44:28 AM »
Pav how are things with BOY and Phoebe and Mr Tramp?  Also did things go ok at the hospital for you>?

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #627 on: April 10, 2008, 23:17:13 PM »
I know its so hard when they go off their food and Kocka was like this, I ended up with a better display of cat food than a supermarket  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #626 on: April 10, 2008, 20:39:59 PM »
Thanks Ruth :), yes Boy does go off his food but at the same time i am trying to find him some thing healthy cos he is been putting on a little bit too much weight on cos of the steroids, and dieting with Boy does not work so i thought i start some thing different but i wont know till i try and now i know this one like NM dont work for him and back to the old diets.

Chrissie its true when you have sick cats you just try to get good things for them hoping it helps them , as you know . No worries about the date, every thing will be fine :hug: When are you going for your holiday ;)

Ruth i am sure he would love cuddles from you, not too sure about Phoebe though :evillaugh: :evillaugh:
Gill, i am not sure if MR Tramp has problem with his memory, i just think may be the time he didnt come which was almost 2 weeks, may be some thing happend to scare him and thats why he is behaving strange he comes not interested in much food , eats a bit and then just sit under the car and looks at me but if i get close he moves back!!! He might be injured but i cant get close enough and you are right visit to the vets not possible. :(

Thakyou every one. :hug: :hug:

Link to CatChat