Author Topic: Kitten not taking to food  (Read 1310 times)

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
Re: Kitten not taking to food
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 20:43:57 PM »
firstly she can get some proper kitten milk formula from her vet .. cimicat or equivelent, so maybe the mum cat wont feel so stressed if the kitten drinks some of that.

Ive heard about quite a few kittens that age not wanting to wean but a couple of weeks can make alot of difference, she could try a tiny bit of raw mince, again heard lots of kittens starting off on that.

hills a/d from the vet is another good one to try, its like a pate type food and can be warmed up.  Or my cat likes hi life petit pate tins.

also some kittens actually seem to take to dry food over wet food so she could give that a go, royal canin kitten is good as its tiny little kibbles or most love the hills but there are a few other high quality brands aswell. 

She could feed mum along side the kittens as they will copy her but i wouldnt be panicking just yet, not for a couple of weeks.

Offline PandaFi

• Adult Cat
  • Paws and Chloe xx
Kitten not taking to food
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 18:59:47 PM »
Hey guys!! My neighbours cat has had a litter of kittens, about six weeks ago. There were five kittens in total. All of them bar one have taken to kitten food. The last one won't touch it, and is still relying on the mother. I know there is still time, but the mother is getting really stressed. Has anyone got any suggestions as to what is wrong/what we can do?

Link to CatChat