Author Topic: Sabrina, Daddy and the Vet!!!!!! - Long  (Read 1140 times)

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
Re: Sabrina, Daddy and the Vet!!!!!! - Long
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 15:16:59 PM »
Wow, Sabrina sounds like one very clever naughty little madam  :evillaugh:

Hope the xray turns out OK when you get her back up the vets next week, and I guess in the meantime if she can swipe you with that foot, then she must be fine  :Luv:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
Sabrina, Daddy and the Vet!!!!!! - Long
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 15:12:46 PM »
Thought I would share this story with everyone its going to be a saga but my money's on Sabrina!!!

Sabrina is one of the Clan Cats Feral ladies she is a spotty tabby with definite attitude she only tolerates human when they don't touch or look at her so this is how it went - whilst trying to get Madam in to a crush cage for her Programm vet visit she decided to do a 20 foot jump from the top of the stairs on to the family room floor first bad move on her part as it later transpired she had dislocated her front paw so Robin dutifully monitored her and then phoned the vet to advise if he could catch she she would need to be looked at - this took 4 days and then she was duly in the crush cage and taken to the vets where Robin advised wahtever they had to do could they please do it.

So after warning them she will attack and shred you she was knocked out, xrayed and duly splinted and plastered and awoke in the crush cage and Robin duly picked up her hissyness and was advised that hte plaster was to be on for 2 weeks and she needed to be caged - oh the joy so cage duly set up and her hissyness ensconced in the cage this was friday night and we went to bed and at 03.00am Robin here's Jazz the dog wandering around and being antsy - she had collar tags so we can hear her.  usuallu if she's moving around it means somebody is in her bed and she needs us to evict the cat so she can once more get her bed.

Robin goes doiwn stairs and while there checks on sabrina and finds plaster cast is lying at front of cage not on her leg anymore!  He thinks we wil tackle that in the morning!

We get up at 9 am to find Sabrina sitting on a shelf in our bedroom she is no longer caged!  So we let her be as she sleeps 15 hours a day on the wardrobe and it has steps all the way to the top so no leaps or bounds required (done for Bert as he was a wardrobe sleeper to but at 21 needed a bit of help he was also blind!)

Robin dutifully phones the vet and gets a lecture from the vet nurse and asks for the vet to call us back with Plan B!  Vet says she really should be caged but we advise that she is happy where she is and would do more damge than good trying to get her down so vet says give her Metacam to help the pain!  Sabrina meanwhile is still on top of the wardrobe will not touch anything with Metacam in it - she is at the hate and distrust humans stage of the recuperation so 10 days on she has weight on the leg and is pacing herself and seems happy in her self - I got swiped this morning with said paw so she is on the mend

We now have to repeat the perfomance next week so they can knock her out and xray the leg!!!!!!

Moral of the story always padlock the cage don't rely of the locks that come as standard not where snmart sassy female feral tabbies are concerned!!!!!!! :shify: :innocent: :Crazy:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Link to CatChat