Author Topic: 3 bottles of DDAVP (Desmopressin) needing a home if anyone needs it  (Read 1654 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
3 bottles of DDAVP (Desmopressin) needing a home if anyone needs it
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 23:22:05 PM »
It is used to control Diabetes Insipidus (nothing to do with sugar diabetes) It is a hormone that controls water balance. Cats drink and pee a lot without it. Often the symptoms are confused with kidney disease.

It is rare in dogs and even rarer in cats, but our Laz had it. If anyone has use for it, please let me know. It isn't the type of thing someone might keep for 'just in case' - I offered it to Dogs Trust, but they don't take donated meds - even sealed ones.

If anyone has an animal on it,they are welcome to it. It would be a shame to throw it away. The bottles only contain 2.5ml each,but vets charge over £40 a bottle for it. (I bought 6 at a time online for about £15 a bottle)

It needs to be kept chilled, but a day or so in the post shouldn't hurt in the winter.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Link to CatChat