Author Topic: Little HARVEY- UPDATE osteo arthritis HELP!  (Read 1410 times)

Offline catloverxo

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Harvey And Maisy
Little HARVEY- UPDATE osteo arthritis HELP!
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 19:13:56 PM »
My cat has always had bad legs, he is only 8 and recently it got alot worse and the vet told me he had osteo arthritis. He was put on metacam once a day which didnt do very much. The vet has now prescribed another medicane (tablets) two a day so we will see what this does. We have spent over 700 on him so far and I would never put a price on him, he means so much to me. His condition is in his back legs instead of them being straight (he cant put his weight on them) they bend all the time as well as his back. He is with me a lot of the time when I am not at work and is happy, purring eating but when does it get to the point when your being cruel? I only ask because his bag legs have muscle wastage even going to the toilet leaves poo in his fur, and he drags his feet along the floor. He honestly is happy but this just seems so mean he cant live a "normal" life like his sister Maisy. Thinking about letting him go upsets me beyond belief but I dont want to be cruel if you see what I mean by being selfish. I am hoping the medicine and sunshine will help :)

Link to CatChat