Author Topic: Cat vomit question - sorry!  (Read 1181 times)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Re: Cat vomit question - sorry!
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 14:04:09 PM »
I've no idea how what stage things would be at 9 hours after eating but I my vets told me it takes 24-48 hours to pass through completely so on that basis 9 hours doesn't seem unreasonable for it still to be undigested?

I'm sure I've been similarly surprised when one of the boys has chucked up as I know when they ate their wet food  (they don't graze but eat wet food all in one go at breakfast & dinner) and then I actually saw them chuck it up so am certain of the timings!

Does Amber get hairballs ever? If she is otherwise well in herself then it might be worth getting some malt paste or similar from Pets at Home.

:get well: Amber :care:

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Amber and Chilli
Cat vomit question - sorry!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 11:18:36 AM »
Last week Amber threw up her dinner the morning after 2 days in a row - there was a lot of it and I said that if she did it on the 3rd day I'd take her to the vets, it didn't seem too urgent as she was absoutely fine in herself and after throwing up was hungry and eating again. On the 3rd day she was perfectly fine and no throwing up so I figured something must have disagreed with her.

Anyway last night we came home from a bbq to find cat sick on the cat bed, and 2 places on the bedroom floor, again lots of it. The wierd thing was that this must have happened after 6pm and there was wet tinned food in the sick, she had a few biscuits late afternoon but the last time she had wet food was 9am that morning, shouldn't it at least have been partially digested at that point?

She still seems absolutely fine in herself, no difference in behavior at all, although I may ring the vets on Tuesday and book her in just to be on the safe side. In the meantime does anyone know much about cat diestive systems to know whether her morning meal should still be in her stomach past 6pm at night?

http://furrytripod.wordpress.com/ : Casper's tripod blog and sponsorship page

Link to CatChat