Author Topic: Cat with Dog allergy?  (Read 1176 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Cat with Dog allergy?
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 22:00:30 PM »
Sorry no experience of this but it does sound possible

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Moustache, the Flick and Hairy Pants!
Cat with Dog allergy?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 21:12:39 PM »
Maddie has been out playing in the garden today and i watched her venture into next doors where Ruby the staffie cross lives. although the other cats are often in Ruby's garden, Maddie never usually leaves ours and if she does, the furthest she goes is on the surrounding fence. i went indoors and a little bit later she came in too but she couldn't stop sneezing. her 3rd eyelid was visible and she seemed quite unwell. it seemed to pass quite quickly and i have kept her indoors since. she is now back to her old self but when i thought about the last time this happened, i remembered i had been visiting my auntie who's dog had had pups and i spent several hours with the puppies before i went home. Maddie sniffed me as soon as i got in, but she sneezed every time she sniffed and ran up stairs to change as i wasn't sure if it was perfume or whatever. now i am beginning to wonder if Maddie is allergic to dogs as i have never seen the other cats react the way she does to the same items. has anyone ever heard of anything like this before?

Link to CatChat