Author Topic: Buying rabbit meat from woldsway  (Read 5759 times)

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
Re: Buying rabbit meat from woldsway
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 21:42:56 PM »
In that case, the minced whole rabbit is a balanced meal (with perhaps additional taurine). The boneless chunks you can add something like Felini Complete. The bone-in chunks and the bone-in minced will need the addition of small amounts of heart, liver, kidney and lungs.

I usually buy the NOW taurine brand and get it from here http://www.good4you.co.uk/store.asp?pid=109 . You can also get Protaur taurine supplement, but think its tablets rather than a powder http://www.provetnutrition.co.uk/cat_nutrition/professional_range/ and Zooplus do a Felini taurine supplement too  http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/supplements_specialty_cat_food/taurine/155861#feedingGuide

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 12:18:44 PM »
Not sure, Gillian.  To start with only occasional but I am hoping to build up to one meal a day being raw.  Don't think I will ever go all raw in case they then refuse to eat the tinned stuff.  They already have raw snacks and occasional meal of raw meat, but I want to increase the amount and think I need to make sure it's balanced.

Where can you buy taurine from to add to the minced rabbit?

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 23:25:41 PM »
It depends really whether you are going to feed them solely raw or a combo of raw and their usual.

If you are going to give raw as a few meals a week and the rest of the time they have their usual food, then I wouldnt worry about supplements or whether the meal is complete - so they could have any of the rabbit products, minced or chunks, bone-in or not.

If you were going to feed majority raw, then the minced whole wild rabbit is complete - it is literally the whole thing (apart from fur) meat, bones, heart, liver, kidneys and lungs,  although I'd probably add taurine as the processing can deplete taurine somewhat.  :)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Buying rabbit meat from woldsway
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 12:12:01 PM »
I am going to take the plunge and order some meat from woldsway.co.uk soon (I think Gillian and maybe someone else has ordered from there before?) - what have people bought from there and what would you recommend for raw feeding?  Bone in or boneless?  If I buy the bone in minced rabbit, does that mean I can't add a supplement to it such as felini complete from zooplus as I'd be duplicating the bones?  Do I need to add anything to that?  Would I need to add some organs?  I notice they also do bone in portions which include offal - any good for cats? There seems to be so many products it's hard to know what to buy.   A longer perusal of their website might answer some of my questions, but as my pc time is limited (in library at moment) I don't really have time to browse so any advice would be welcome.

Link to CatChat