Author Topic: Gycoflex  (Read 1071 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Gycoflex
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 08:44:49 AM »
If it is the tablets, they are massive - probably OK for a dog, but much too big for a cat.

I posted about them last year http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,31520.msg566471.html#msg566471

They were no good crushed either -there must be something bitter in them. I could send you some but think it would be a waste of time - I would imagine a cat would choke if you tried to pill them  :scared:

I am amazed they have the front to market them as a cat tablet  :tired:

I have been buying Cortavet sprinkle capsules for Alice, they are supposed to be better than others as apparently, rather the glucosamine, chondroitin etc, it is made from the active part of them. They work out £24 for 60 capsules. Only yesterday, I was looking at Petmeds site and the liquid spray version works out cheaper. 120ml for £22 - 1ml per day (1 spray = 1ml) so lasts 120 days. I haven't looked to see if they do a cortaflex spray and how much it is, but cortavet is double-strength.
http://www.petmeds.co.uk/p-3135-corta-vet-caninefeline-spray-120ml.aspx
I haven't looked into it but keep meaning to - If a maintenance dose was every other day, a bottle would last 240 days (8 months-ish)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 08:55:08 AM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Gycoflex
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 08:24:36 AM »
Was looking at this on VetUK, it has some interesting ingredients in it, and isn't overly expensive - £12-13, and it has a 6 month supply once they are on the maintenance dose, so 3 months ish for the first bottle. I couldnt work out what the capsules looked like though, and wondered if anyone had used it before I ordered some.
Please spay your cat

Link to CatChat